• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 11 Team Naming thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Oddly enough, Pitt opens for Colts in FC more often than OD, so that's a strange reasoning! :)
I've noticed that and also how crap his performed opening the batting in FC. He was brilliant for us in the middle order in the Under 19 Tests, so personally i think you will get more out of him down the order, but your a Colts selector not me.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
+AP Chaulk
DP Smith
AJ Blackman
CR Butler
JA Law
MW Wilson
CP Thompson
HG Warwick
NA Borcich
*NS Pickup
Kexing Su
You're gettin there Neil. Keep pluggin away.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Pickup acrally better then someone in ba............. oh wait.......

That's not special, that's a disadvantage playing with only 10 men Pickup! Su won't be useful for a while!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Red

Mamesh
Markus
Dobson
Dauth
Gray
+Mørk
Nayak
Robbins
Edmunds
Kennett
Watt

Messing around slightly with the batting order.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Bowling order:

1. Patrick-Demeza
2. Fuller
3. Young (5 overs max. - if economy after 2 is >6, take off)
4. Halsey
5. Currie
6. Cloete/Cribb
What convolution. :laugh:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Green XI

1. R Malone
2. M Gaukroger
3. N Dravid
4. J Rodgie
5. A Garven
6. A Lezama (wk)
7. B Cunningham
8. R Hing
9. X Rose
10. M Mitchell
11. A Cameron

Our remaining Xi pretty much names itsself. Rose and Cameron to open the bowling - share it around between the bottom 5 fairly evenly.

unchanged lineup for the next 5 dayer

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
MD Luff
NG Scott
MJ Pitt
BV Vaughan (wk)
ZR Ritchie
CR Dwyer (5)
MR Reddlapalli (6)
PG Gundry (4) (c)
KJ Goughy (1)
RD Dunn (2)
GM Roberts (3) (c)

12th Man: MS Smith

Squad Rotation continues with Matt Smith dropping out. Spinners to get a bit more of bowl on hopefully a Pickford turner, unless Trav or Jack have any objections.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I remember the days when squads would name their XI's the day before the match was due to be played, rather than on the day - I hope for the sake of the simmers that all five selectors will be a little more 'on time' as the season goes on so that we don't end up with having to constantly change the schedule for any reason (although I suppose if a team isn't named they can just use the last one). It's past midday and I think we only have three teams named at the moment.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I remember the days when squads would name their XI's the day before the match was due to be played, rather than on the day - I hope for the sake of the simmers that all five selectors will be a little more 'on time' as the season goes on so that we don't end up with having to constantly change the schedule for any reason (although I suppose if a team isn't named they can just use the last one). It's past midday and I think we only have three teams named at the moment.
Four. Colts, Red, Green, U-19.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'll name a Blue team to save time then.

Halsey and Camps rotate in for some game time, while Cloete and Patrick get a rest.

RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
BJ Goff
MW De Silva
SE Fuller
LA Camps
A Crampton (wk)
MJC Currie
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
TJ Demeza

12th man: NL Patrick

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blacks

Fitzsimmons
Smith
Blackman
Butler
Law
Chaulk
Wilson
Richards
Hoy
Borcich
Pickup

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:

DP Towns : Crusading for simmers rights