• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Planetcricket Cricksim Challenge

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
To whoever runs cricksim here.

I run a cricksim competition at planetcricket (http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)

Anyway, we have been looking into a interforum cricksim challenge, it pretty much involves a number of forums competing against each other with their best team of players that play on their respective forums.

If your interested, send me an email at markrogers2006@gmail.com, if your not interested, just let me know aswell so i can move on to other forums.

PS: Im pretty sure this thread would go here, im not sure though as i dont use cricketweb. I couldnt find a PM system... it said it had been blocked... weird.

Anyway, post your thoughts and could the person in charge send me an email for further details

Rickyp

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
First, congratulations on posting in nearly the right place! :p

I'm running things here along with another member, Mr Mxyzptlk, who is the long-standing chairman and organiser. But he's away right now, so I guess I have to answer your queries.

Yours looks like a very well run competition, even though you're still in the dark ages with Syedur Rahman's sim. ;) We've had some interforum clashes before, but they haven't usually come to much, so hopefully this one will turn out better for the crowds and players.

What with both the Dev League and your Cricksim currently being in the offseason, it sounds like a decent idea as a warm-up to our next season, but as our representative XI is currently busy playing the World Cup, we'd like to wait for a couple of weeks if possible.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
rickyp2 said:
To whoever runs cricksim here.

I run a cricksim competition at planetcricket (http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)

Anyway, we have been looking into a interforum cricksim challenge, it pretty much involves a number of forums competing against each other with their best team of players that play on their respective forums.

If your interested, send me an email at markrogers2006@gmail.com, if your not interested, just let me know aswell so i can move on to other forums.

PS: Im pretty sure this thread would go here, im not sure though as i dont use cricketweb. I couldnt find a PM system... it said it had been blocked... weird.

Anyway, post your thoughts and could the person in charge send me an email for further details

Rickyp
Is this RickyP who used to hang around at Duff's Cricket Master forums? If so, how's it hanging my man, good to talk to you again!
Yep, we have a great system over here. I'm just a humble participant, but it's great fun and there's a great atmosphere, which adds even more to the event ;)
Good to see your CricSim league is shaping up well, too :)

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
chooka_nick said:
Is this RickyP who used to hang around at Duff's Cricket Master forums? If so, how's it hanging my man, good to talk to you again!
Yep, we have a great system over here. I'm just a humble participant, but it's great fun and there's a great atmosphere, which adds even more to the event ;)
Good to see your CricSim league is shaping up well, too :)
yep that'd be me

Anyway

Yours looks like a very well run competition, even though you're still in the dark ages with Syedur Rahman's sim
In saying that, is there a newer version?

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
well we would be using the old sim aswell but maybe in the future the new one, if your not wiling to use the old one we will have a problem but we could quite easily convert your players into the format we have

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally i dont think its worth it, and from memory we decided last time someone offered that it wasnt....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well last time we had something like this the opposing Forum rigged it and we got absolutley hammered..

Plus i dont see why we should go back to the Old days of no ITC...

David

International 12th Man
Does it matter if we get hammered? Honestly? If they wanted to rig it, bully to them. Personally, it's something fun to do, and it doesn't matter one jot what the result is.

We wouldn't be going back to the old days of no ITC, and it doesn't really matter what sim they use, does it?

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
David said:
Does it matter if we get hammered? Honestly? If they wanted to rig it, bully to them. Personally, it's something fun to do, and it doesn't matter one jot what the result is.

We wouldn't be going back to the old days of no ITC, and it doesn't really matter what sim they use, does it?
im loving that logic, i personally would be simming the games and there is no way i would rig it, because we are looking to make this sort of interforum competition regular.

Im not sure when the person who runs your cricksim returns but it would be great if someone could forward my offer to him because im not really on these forums much at all.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
rickyp2 said:
Im not sure when the person who runs your cricksim returns but it would be great if someone could forward my offer to him because im not really on these forums much at all.

Samuel Vimes is half of the board and has posted a couple of times in this thread, im sure he and Liam will have a chat about it soon enough

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
Hey again, I hate to seem like im whinging, but its been a while since i last talked about this here and I thought i should bring it up again now that cricksim is moving on a bit here, so anyway, can one of the leaders drop me an email at markrogers2006@gmail.com and let me know any info, it would be great for both forums if this could work but I understand you have no obligation to fulfil it

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
hmm this could be a great chance to get revenge on the cricket web people for hitting me for 6 and sticking pinecones up my butt and calling me tastycakes

rickyp2

Cricket Spectator
of course though we use a different version of cricksim, but we would gladly do all converting of teams etc for you, we'd just need a squad

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's been decided that the only way this will stand is if the superior sim - ITC - is used for it.