• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Signup Announcements/Introductions

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Name: Elliot L. Volavola
RHB (lower middle order), RM
Batting average: 35
Bowling average: 70
Bowling economy: 6
Fielding: 24

Green accept Mr Volavola

Loony BoB

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
How did Colts go from second in line with Clapham to fourth for this guy?
I suspect it's down to players being declared inactive, which is entirely understandable, however I think that we should probably think on something...

If a team is to have a player deemed inactive, then pick up a great new player, then the inactive player becomes active again... should that inactive player now be a free agent or will they walk back into their team, giving the team a distinct advantage in number of players, and possibly getting them a 'free' quality rookie?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I suspect it's down to players being declared inactive, which is entirely understandable, however I think that we should probably think on something...

If a team is to have a player deemed inactive, then pick up a great new player, then the inactive player becomes active again... should that inactive player now be a free agent or will they walk back into their team, giving the team a distinct advantage in number of players, and possibly getting them a 'free' quality rookie?
That's down to luck IMO, just as it's down to luck that the players who get declared inactive have varying capabilities. We can't make it totally fair anyway, and it'd be too confusing if we kept moving rookies about just because people reactivated themselves.

In most cases, the inactives stay inactive. (Gooljar a notable exception. ;))

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:

Surely they should have their stats trimmed as an inactivity penalty? Didn't we agree that?

Still, dunno why I care, Blacks are clearly permanently rooted to fifth in the draft order no matter who gets who...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dontcloseyoureyes said:
We didn't choke, Camps cheated IMO. :p
It ceases to be funny.

If you want to question my integrity, be a man and come out and do it. Don't made snide remarks and try to pass them off as jokes.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, I really think you cheated Camps, for sure. (sarcasm, obviously)

Apart from forging a scorecard it's pretty hard to do it with ITC anyway, and I know if it was me I cbf forging a full scorecard.

ash chaulk

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Yeah, I really think you cheated Camps, for sure. (sarcasm, obviously)

Apart from forging a scorecard it's pretty hard to do it with ITC anyway, and I know if it was me I cbf forging a full scorecard.
and the commentary

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, no. It's way easier than that. But it's obvious neither Liam nor Hakon would do it, so it's not an issue.