• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Signup Announcements/Introductions

Loony BoB

International Captain
I expect Kyle to decline the offer of this new player as we already have a lot of bowlers and need to improve our batting, so are holding out for a bat at the moment. I'm pretty sure we all agreed in the panel to do this (hold out for a bat).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Just for further reference, it'd be good if captains took a look at the newly signed up player even though it's not their turn, so that we can get quickly through the rota.
Blue also decline. We have Halsey and Currie, and as it is Currie struggles to get into the side. Another spinner would get nowhere.

edit: We also have Gooljar. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going by the Squad Assignments thread here, but...

Colts - 17 players including 4 frontline spinners and 1 parttime spinner.
Reds - 16 players including 2 frontline spinners and 2 parttime spinners.
Black - 17 players including 3 frontline spinners and 1 parttime spinner.
Blue - 17 players including 4 frontline spinners.
Green - 16 players including 2 frontline spinners.

Surely it would be logical for Green to tak this player? I can't expect that a side with 3/4 spinners will be looking to add yet another to their ranks.

If he were to convert to a batsman, Colts might be interested but would also expect some other team to get them first. :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Clapo said:
If it makes a difference i do occasionaly bowl left arm seamers ??? doesn't worry me :)
Yeah, as you can see from Bob's list, we have plenty of spinners and really quite seam-friendly tracks. So if you want to be an LM or an LMF, that's fine.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yeah, as you can see from Bob's list, we have plenty of spinners and really quite seam-friendly tracks. So if you want to be an LM or an LMF, that's fine.
LFM it is then :cool:

Mister Wright

Unfortunately the Colts are in desperate needs of batsman, and with the likely inclusion of Patrick, we will have to decline drafting Clapham. We wish him the best of luck with whichever team drafts him.

Mister Wright

Has Clapham been assinged a grade cricket team yet? If not, IMO he should be. At least he can be active and doing something until a development team picks him up.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
This is pretty shocking. He's active (from what I can tell) unlike certain other players and I reckon he'd be a good bloke to have around. Possibly, to "enhance his marketability", he could lower his bowling average to the mid-low twenties? Or something of the sort. Just a quick change to the ol' signup stats, even though it embarrasses me that when a guy is 100% honest with his stats, he can't get picked up.

Clapo, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
This is pretty shocking. He's active (from what I can tell) unlike certain other players and I reckon he'd be a good bloke to have around. Possibly, to "enhance his marketability", he could lower his bowling average to the mid-low twenties? Or something of the sort. Just a quick change to the ol' signup stats, even though it embarrasses me that when a guy is 100% honest with his stats, he can't get picked up.
Fair point.

Red it is.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there any disadvantages to a team picking up a player? Squad limits or anything such?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Robertinho said:

Clapo, don't hate the player, hate the game.
I reckon a review needs to be carried out on so called "active" players.