• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How old were you....

Loony BoB

International Captain
Robertinho said:
The only thing I'm against is "reincarnations". It wouldn't be the same.
This is something that is hard to get around when it comes to the "feeling" but I think that we should be able to work around it or come up with a more fitting solution. After all, most of those playing seasons 1-7 were using names different to their IRL names to begin with and I know that some others still aren't using IRL names.

Try to think of it less as "reincarnation" and more as "restarting".

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
This is something that is hard to get around when it comes to the "feeling" but I think that we should be able to work around it or come up with a more fitting solution. After all, most of those playing seasons 1-7 were using names different to their IRL names to begin with and I know that some others still aren't using IRL names.

Try to think of it less as "reincarnation" and more as "restarting".
So, when the time comes that I have to 'restart' I could come back as a left arm orthodox?

Or would it just be resetting your current details back to benchmark again?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
AUST_HiTMaN said:
So, when the time comes that I have to 'restart' I could come back as a left arm orthodox?

I hope that we get to choose if it comes to that! :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:

I'd imagine that you could choose new options if you wanted to... that'd be more for Liam though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUST_HiTMaN said:

Well no one ever said you had to be truthful about your player type in the first place, so you could theoretically restart as anyone.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im happy to have retirement, however there has to be some way to not disadvantage the older guys... Myself, Bugs and Marc are all well into our 20's/30's and we should not be punished because of that...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
Which isn't a massive surprise. Because we've all been around for a while and now all of a sudden we're told by Towns (A newer player believe it or not :-O :-O ) that because we've been around for that long and we've stayed commited that we should be punished so that he can have our place in the team.
Well said Andy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
If I had to retire from internationals early just to get people to think that I actually do care about this place more than I care about my personal status in it, then I probably would.
Would anyone actually notice?

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Would anyone actually notice?
Surprised it took that long for someone to say that. :p But apparently someone would, since I'm nothing but a young upstart trying to steal some older chap's place in the international side.