• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 10 Squad Assignments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before I announce any listings, I'd like to know which players are wanting to move from whichever club they are at now. I have already received emails from three big name players who would like to transfer and arrangements are being made for them.

If anyone else is also interested in such a move, email me at bugs at tstt [<dot>] net <[dot]> tt or add me on MSN - leeahm_the_dos @ hotmail dot com

Also, the unsigned players (those without clubs) may state the club or clubs of their interest in this thread.

Transfer News:

- Simon Fitzsimmons chose not to renew his contract with Cricket Web Blue at the end of Season IX. He has signed for Cricket Web Black for the upcoming Season X.
- Thamba Mamesh has chosen to advance his career with a move to the Cricket Web Red top order.
- Brendon Goff, Alex Feeney, Nathan Hoy and Daniel Rai have left Cricket Web Green in pursuit of various other clubs. Rai adds a bit of experience to the Colts lineup, whilst Feeney has signed on to strengthen the Red batting order.
Brendon Goff has signed with Cricket Web Blue as a worthy replacement for the departed Fitzsimmons.
Nathan Hoy joins Cricket Web Black to breathe new life into a depleted seam attack.
- Rich Langley has been released by Cricket Web Red to the free agent market.
- Sudeep Popat was released by Cricket Web Blue this morning in a move that Blue chairman Liam Camps (senior) is to give more opportunities to youn Currie as the second spinner in the squad.
Popat was signed from the free agent market by Cricket Web Green.
- Bharanidharan signed with Cricket Web Colts and was traded to Cricket Web Green for Pooja Bharat.
- Inzamam Desi traded from Cricket Web Black to Cricket Web Green for Harry Warwick.
- Rich Langley was signed as a free agent by Cricket Web Black.
- Ben Vaughan was signed by Cricket Web Colts.
- Chris Kalmar was signed by Cricket Web Green.

Rookie Assignments:
MJ Pitt (Colts)
MT Mitchell (Green)
NG Scott (Green)
HG Warwick (Green)
PG Gundry (Green)
DS Singh (Green)
I Desi (Black)
GM Roberts (Black)

Unsigned Players:
These players may be signed by any team with a first come first serve provision. The player will ultimately get a say in the choice of clubs though. Teams with less than 16 players get first preference.

[Pool empty]

The basic squads. These squads may be altered with transfers pre-season:

Cricket Web Red (16)
DJ Watt (C) - bowler/fast
H Moerk (wk) - batsman
JR Gray (wk) - batsman
T Mamesh (wk) - batsman (FROM COLTS)
AL Feeney - batsman/legspin (FROM GREEN) - pending confirmation of activity
GKK Dobson - batsman
I Markus - batsman/offspin
RJ Dauth - batsman
JE Stedman - batsman
SA Bennett - allrounder/legspin
GN Nayak - allrounder/medium fast
MJ Robbins - batsman/medium
DM Kennett - bowler/fast medium
NA Borcich - bowler/fast
T Loganathan - bowler/offspin
RE Edmunds - bowler/fast

Cricket Web Colts (17)
KS Wright (C) - bowler/fast medium
SJ Burke (wk) - batsman
S Jasotharan (wk) - batsman
BV Vaughan (wk) - batsman
DP Towns - batsman
AS Das - batsman
P Bharat - batsman (FROM GREEN)
JB Malthus-Howell - batsman
MJ Pitt - batsman/offspin [rookie]
G Nayak - batsman/fast medium
AJ Fensome - allrounder/left batsman/offspin [rookie]
DK Rai - allrounder/legspin (FROM GREEN)
NR Hancock - allrounder/medium fast
DJ Comley - allrounder/left chinaman
JP McNamara - bowler/left offspin
GM Thomas - bowler/fast
CD McKern - bowler/fast

Cricket Web Green (17)
AJ Garven (C) - batsman
A Lezama (wk) - batsman
Bharanidharan (wk) - batsman [rookie] (FROM COLTS)
PR Sajith - batsman/fast medium
I Desi - batsman [rookie] (FROM BLACK)
DS Singh - batsman [rookie]
NG Scott - batsman [rookie]
RJ Malone - allrounder/fast medium
CL Kalmar - allrounder/offspin (FROM BLACK)
RG Verghese - allrounder/offspin
TV Weber - allrounder/left legspin
SC Popat - allrounder/legspin (FROM BLUE)
BC Cunningham - allrounder/fast
XPA Rose - bowler/fast
AA Cameron - bowler/fast medium
MT Mitchell - bowler/fast medium [rookie]
PG Gundry - bowler/legspin [rookie]

Cricket Web Blue (16)
LA Camps (C) - allrounder/fast medium
D Jellett (wk) - batsman
A Crampton (wk) - batsman
AP Cloete - batsman
PE Young - batsman
BL Wilshere - batsman
BJ Goff - batsman (FROM GREEN)
RGEWS Cribb - batsman/legspin
MW DeSilva - batsman/fast medium
SE Fuller - allrounder/fast medium
MJC Currie - allrounder/offspin
NL Patrick - bowler/fast
AAA Collins - bowler/left medium
TJ Demeza - bowler/left fast
TC Halsey - bowler/legspin
MS Smith - bowler/medium [rookie]

Cricket Web Black (17)
NS Pickup (C) - bowler/legspin
AP Chaulk (wk) - batsman
DY Dubb-Lynch (wk) - batsman
CR Butler - batsman
SG Fitzsimmons - batsman (FROM BLUE)
DA Kearsley - batsman
S Jones - batsman
AJ Blackman - batsman
RA Langley - batsman (FROM RED)
MW Wilson - allrounder/fast
CP Thompson - allrounder/fast
CB Benjamin - allrounder/medium
NS Hoy - bowler/fast (FROM GREEN)
DP Richards - bowler/left offspin
GS Gooljar - bowler/legspin
GM Roberts - bowler/legspin [rookie]
HG Warwick - allrounder/fast [rookie] (FROM GREEN)

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Hi Liam, do you reckon you could sign me up for the Reds please? I'm unregistered and Jamee's just made me part of his recruitment drive for them. Cheers. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Barney Rubble said:
Hi Liam, do you reckon you could sign me up for the Reds please? I'm unregistered and Jamee's just made me part of his recruitment drive for them. Cheers. :)
Red doesn't have much room for another batsman at the moment. That said, someone may leave Red to open a spot.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
The Reds are the place to be - we're the ones who introduce the innovations that others copy the season after!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Red doesn't have much room for another batsman at the moment. That said, someone may leave Red to open a spot.
Well, if they do, I'll take Red - otherwise I'll take anywhere except Black, just because Neil appears to be squirming at their lack of players. :p

(:D)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Hakon's just informed me that I'm likely to be put in the Colts for this season, so what I said applies to next season instead of this, I'm assuming. Unless the rules have changed.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jungle Jumbo said:
In which case, black for me.
Poor Gooljar. Neil is sure to give you tons of playing time if you play for Black, but that means that once again Gooljar (SupaFreak) gets overlooked.

Does any time want a journeyman legspinner such as Gooljar?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Poor Gooljar. Neil is sure to give you tons of playing time if you play for Black, but that means that once again Gooljar (SupaFreak) gets overlooked.

Does any time want a journeyman legspinner such as Gooljar?
He sure is.

Are we moving away from Hobart and Sydney to the new CWLand Stadia for season ten?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Stadia: CW Oval is in Nixonstown, the Dome is in the outskirts of Edfield and the CWBCC stadium overlooks Garven Island on the coast outside Campstown. There are two new stadia under construction in Pickford and Goffmouth.

Last edited:

TIF

U19 Debutant
Can I get in as a part of any team. I do not mind as to for who I get to play for.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Maybe a balance could be set between the teams, so that not one team has too many pace bowlers or such?. If this is already being done, sorry

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
Maybe a balance could be set between the teams, so that not one team has too many pace bowlers or such?. If this is already being done, sorry

yeah thats already the case, well except for Green who are really far too good ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Some Colts players will be on the move to assist the balance of other teams (seeing as logic dictates that the Colts won't get as many international callups) and therefore some of the new signups will move into the Colts.

Rumour has it that Thamba Mamesh will be signing on with Cricket Web Red for Season X.