• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Vote* for Season 9 5D MVP

Who is your Season 9 5D MVP?

• Total voters

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alex J. Blackman
Runs: 998
Average: 35.64
50s: 5
100s: 2
HS: 129
- highest Black runscorer
- highest individual Black score
- second most Black hundreds
- highest Black bat average
- 52.16 bat average in Black wins

Callum P. Thompson
Runs: 699
Bat Average: 26.88
50s: 2
100: 2
HS: 121
Wickets: 68
Bowl Average: 24.35
5w: 1
10w: 0
BB: 5/76
SR: 56.38
- fourth highest Black runscorer
- second most Black hundreds
- highest Black wicket-taker
- third lowest Black bowl average
- 15.38 bowl average in Black wins

Nath L. Patrick
Wickets: 70
Average: 24.89
5w: 2
BB: 5/30
SR: 57.68
- tied highest Blue wicket-taker
- second lowest Blue bowl average
- 16.96 bowl average in Blue wins

Sean E. Fuller
Runs: 925
Bat Average: 28.91
50s: 5
100: 0
HS: 93
Wickets: 46
Bowl Average: 29.20
5w: 0
BB: 4/14
SR: 59.41
- second highest Blue runscorer
- third highest Blue wicket-taker
- fourth lowest Blue bowl average
- 6 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw as captain
- 32.31 bat average as captain
- 24.43 bowl average as captain

Bryce C. Cunningham
Runs: 831
Bat Average: 29.68
50s: 6
100: 1
HS: 122
Wickets: 49
Bowl Average: 29.14
5w: 0
BB: 3/24
SR: 71.84
- 40.07 bat average in Green wins
- 22.50 bowl average in Green wins

Tarick V. Weber
Runs: 530
Bat Average: 22.08
50s: 4
HS: 71
Wickets: 84
Bowl Average: 22.19
5w: 4
BB: 6/13
SR: 53.79
- highest Green wicket-taker
- lowest Green bowl average
- best Green innings and match bowling figures
- 34.50 bat average in Green wins
- 19.08 bowl average in Green wins

Dave J. Watt
Wickets: 58
Bowl Average: 28.83
5w: 1
10w: 1
BB: 7/95
SR: 63.88
- tied highest wicket-taker for Red
- best Red innings and match bowling figures
- took 31 of his 58 wickets in the 6 Red wins
- 18.23 bowl average in Red wins

Rob J. Dauth
Runs: 1038
Bat Average: 43.25
50s: 10
100: 1
HS: 184
- highest Red runscorer
- highest Red bat average
- highest Red invidual score
- 51.50 bat average in Red wins

Daniel P. Towns
Runs: 709
Bat Average: 35.45
50s: 4
HS: 94
- second highest Colts bat average
- 59.88 bat average as captain
- 59.50 bat average in Colts wins

Greg M. Thomas
Wickets: 65
Bowl Average: 25.37
5w: 3
10w: 1
BB: 8/57
SR: 50.52
- highest Colts wicket-taker
- third lowest Colts bowling average
- best Colts innings and match haul
- 19.23 bowl average in Colts wins

Simon

hey liam, any particular reason im not nominated for this?
maybe i just missed something???

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Because this is about players whose performances were essential to team success in some form. It's not necessarily the best players in the league. For most of the season you struggled, and aside from your double hundred and a 90odd, you didn't do much in matches that Blue managed to win. That said, you played a couple of crucial innings in drawn matches, and came very close to making this list.

However, only 2 nominees from each team, and I don't think you can argue with the impact of Nath and Sean.

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because this is about players whose performances were essential to team success in some form. It's not necessarily the best players in the league. For most of the season you struggled, and aside from your double hundred and a 90odd, you didn't do much in matches that Blue managed to win. That said, you played a couple of crucial innings in drawn matches, and came very close to making this list.

However, only 2 nominees from each team, and I don't think you can argue with the impact of Nath and Sean.
i could argue my point, but im not going to bother for the sake of everyone...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
i could argue my point, but im not going to bother for the sake of everyone...
Considering that I have all the scorecards and stats readily available, I'm sure I could argue against it better. :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, Sean and Nath did well but I'll have to go with Weber - far and away the best bowler in the league this season, IMO.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's Weber for me. Not onlt was he the leading wicket taker, he performed well against the Blues, and he also played a crucial knock with the bat in the final.

Nath and Thompson are unlucky though, and Fitzsimmons was probably a little bit unlucky not to get nominated as well, though he did score his big runs in relatively few games.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thomas' ridiculously good SR not worth a mention, Liam? I know at one stage, at a time when we were actually doing alright, it was as low as 32. Is his SR from games that we won still awesome?

Last edited:

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Considering that I have all the scorecards and stats readily available, I'm sure I could argue against it better. :p
im interested to know how i won the award for best batsman last year when Blue only won about 5 games, on this logic i shouldnt have even been nominted...
im just curious as to why Rob has 3 votes and is equal second and im not even nominted despite outplaying him... this crap about not contributing to matches where we won is just a weak excuse imo...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
im interested to know how i won the award for best batsman last year when Blue only won about 5 games, on this logic i shouldnt have even been nominted...
im just curious as to why Rob has 3 votes and is equal second and im not even nominted despite outplaying him... this crap about not contributing to matches where we won is just a weak excuse imo...
Different system, but feel free to whinge away.

You had an indifferent season for the most part. You failed several times when the team needed you, and rarely ever played an innings to genuinely inspire victory. All these nominees have done that. All these nominees have contributed to their team's success.

I didn't want to be this blunt about it, but that's really all there is to it. You ended up with a fantastic season haul, but the fact remains that you weren't quite up to par for most of it. Are you genuinely saying that you were more valuable than Nath and Sean? An argument for Nath sees the fact that you scored tons of runs last season and Nath failed - we struggled. He took wickets this season, you scored runs - we succeeded.

Simon

ok dont worry about it, i got the point and said i wasnt going to argue about it in the first place...

bryce

International Regular
I'm honored to be nominated even though I don't deserve a single vote compared with some of the performances put up by other nominees.