• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Charity Series (End of Season 9)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddhmaster said:
Yeh i'd love to play. Should be good

Rob, Season 8 Rookie XI sounds good
Possible team? I might have missed out on some Season 8 rookies though

A. Lezama
A. Blackman
R.J. Dauth
G.K.K. Dobson
*S.E. Fuller
M.W. Wilson
+D.Y. Dubb-Lynch
B.C. Cunningham
C.P. Thompson
N.A. Borcich
T.V. Weber

12th man: T.J. Demeza

Deep deep batting lineup, everyone down to 9 can score a century on their day - Thompson and Wilson able to do so at a run a ball. Lezama, Blackman, Dobson, Dubb-Lynch are steady players.

Bowling wise, it's filled with seamers... but there aren't many class spinners (I may have forgotten some) and you only really need one full timer. Could change depending on the pitch. Anyway, looks like a very strong team..

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Robertinho said:
Umm.. obviously not considering none of them debuted in Season 8 8-)
I thought you meant a rookie side for this season :ph34r:

You guys aren't rookies any more so your team can't have the 'rookie' in your name. A better name is Season 9 Second Year Wonders. :p

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Robertinho said:
Season 8 Rookies.. as in.. they were the rookies from Season 8... how else can I put this.. :(
Im just saying old farts such as yourself can't refer to yourself as rookie and can't have a team with 'rookie' in it. Once you past your first season your not a rookie, stop leaving in the past your time has gone with that title.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
new_age_ar said:
Im just saying old farts such as yourself
I shudder to think what Liam, Marc, Reubs, Pete, Si and so on are, if we are considered "old farts".

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
new_age_ar said:
Im just saying old farts such as yourself can't refer to yourself as rookie and can't have a team with 'rookie' in it. Once you past your first season your not a rookie, stop leaving in the past your time has gone with that title.
Okay, I will try to explain as best I can. In Season 8 (and every other season), there was a batch of rookies. These rookies, whilst not actually rookies now, were the Season 8 rookies, or if you need a more detailed title - the Season 8 batch of rookies. Geddit? 'cause they were rookies in Season 8? Ahh.. hysterical :laugh:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Robertinho said:
Okay, I will try to explain as best I can. In Season 8 (and every other season), there was a batch of rookies. These rookies, whilst not actually rookies now, were the Season 8 rookies, or if you need a more detailed title - the Season 8 batch of rookies. Geddit? 'cause they were rookies in Season 8? Ahh.. hysterical :laugh:
I understand you old farts were rookies then, but you aren't now so if you want a team it has to be called 'Season 9 2nd Year Wonders,' nothing more, nothing less. You understand or am i talking to the ear thats deaf, let me repeat on the other side. :p

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Possible team? I might have missed out on some Season 8 rookies though

A. Lezama
A. Blackman
R.J. Dauth
G.K.K. Dobson
*S.E. Fuller
M.W. Wilson
+D.Y. Dubb-Lynch
B.C. Cunningham
C.P. Thompson
N.A. Borcich
T.V. Weber

12th man: T.J. Demeza

Deep deep batting lineup, everyone down to 9 can score a century on their day - Thompson and Wilson able to do so at a run a ball. Lezama, Blackman, Dobson, Dubb-Lynch are steady players.

Bowling wise, it's filled with seamers... but there aren't many class spinners (I may have forgotten some) and you only really need one full timer. Could change depending on the pitch. Anyway, looks like a very strong team..
Looks a pretty decent team that. I'd swap myself with Kenny though, I like him as an opener.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Um, I'm actually reading your posts, with my eyes, not my ears :-O

But honestly, I don't get your point - are you sure you have the right person?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Liam, can I please Use my unused Fast-Med from the start as I know I'm very unlikly to have the gloves?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the whole point. last year, my demon off spinners snared the highly prestigious wicket of Nath Patrick.. :D

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Dizzy #4 said:
Liam, can I please Use my unused Fast-Med from the start as I know I'm very unlikly to have the gloves?
I didn't get to keep in a game all season and i didn't bowl either i think i deserve a bowl before you. :p

But looking at our side we have a couple all rounders in Cunningham, Nayak and Malone, plus Markus, so you would think they would do majority of the bowling for us. Haven't you ever played a game as just a batsmen once in your life, Dizzy. :D

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Robertinho said:
Um, I'm actually reading your posts, with my eyes, not my ears :-O

But honestly, I don't get your point - are you sure you have the right person?
Poor Rob, you can't even understand something so simple. :D