• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Charity Series (End of Season 9)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
where is the batting xi side or am i misisng it some where and very happy and proud to be named in both fc and one day batting sides......

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
where is the batting xi side or am i misisng it some where and very happy and proud to be named in both fc and one day batting sides......
You're happy to be in the Batting sides yet you don't know where they are?

ash chaulk

International Captain
the most interesting thing about the sides whos gunna bat where and bowl where in the bowlers case bit of a strategy to be put in place i think

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm trying to figure out which Neil would prefer. Cloete and Feeney signing up, or the next two in line - Thompson and Bennett - taking their places.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
You're happy to be in the Batting sides yet you don't know where they are?

yes i have been named in the batting squad however i dont now of the batting xi side...sorry

Dydl

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
CW Black
S Jones
JJ Josy
DY Dubb-Lynch
GS Gooljar
J Izquierdo
CM Broadbent
SF Gough
DP Richards
CB Benjamin
If it's not too late (and apart from the fact that I wasn't selected in Batting or Bowling XI), I'm active (as long as my internet connection lasts...)

Cloete

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Squads for the Batting XI v Bowling XI OD match

Batting XI Squad
A Crampton
A Feeney
AJ Blackman
AJ Garven
AP Chaulk
AP Cloete
AS Das
DP Towns
I Markus
JE Stedman
MW DeSilva
RJ Dauth
RJ Malone
SE Fuller

Bowling XI Squad
AAA Collins
BC Cunningham
CD McKern
DJ Comley
LA Camps
MW Wilson
NA Borcich
NL Patrick
NR Hancock
NS Hoy
NS Pickup
TC Halsey
TJ Demeza
TV Weber

Garven and Pickup have been invited to captain the respective sides, with Towns and Camps in support as vice captains.

Dauth, Markus, Blackman, Chaulk, Garven and Malone have made both Batting XI's.
Demeza, Collins, Patrick, Borcich, Wilson, Pickup, Weber, Hoy and Hancock have made both Bowling XI's.
Interestingly, Cunningham has bade the Batting XI for FC and the Bowling XI for OD.

Cloete, Feeney and Comley have yet to confirm availability for the matches.

Broadbent, a leading bowler for the last two seasons, was snubbed due to ignorance. And due to the fact that it was never expected that he'd sign up anyway. :p

Congratulations to all those selected for these games.

Expect an open OD series to be announced within the next couple of days. Also, rumour has it that having a first name starting with 'A' doubles your likelihood of succeeding as an OD batsman.
I'm available!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Code:
Keep		Bat		A/Round		Seam		Spin
A Crampton	AJ Blackman	AP Cloete	AA Cameron	CL Kalmar
A Lezama	AS Das		BC Cunningham	AAA Collins	DJ Comley
AJ Garven	CR Butler	CP Thompson	CD McKern	DK Rai
AP Chaulk	DA Kearsley	G Nayak		DJ Watt		DP Richards
DY Dubb-Lynch	DP Towns	GN Nayak	GM Thomas	GS Gooljar
GKK Dobson	JE Stedman	I Markus	KS Wright	JP McNamara
H Moerk		MW DeSilva	JB Brown	MW Wilson	MJC Currie
JR Gray		P Bharat	MJ Robbins	NA Borcich	NS Pickup
PE Young	RGEWS Cribb	LA Camps	NL Patrick	SA Bennett
S Jasotharan	RJ Dauth	NR Hancock	NS Hoy		T Loganathan
SJ Burke	S Jones		RJ Malone	TJ Demeza	TC Halsey
T Mamesh	SG Fitzsimmons	SE Fuller	XPA Rose	TV Weber
What do you guys think of these teams? 12 players per team, so it's pushing it - the alternative is the (possibly fairer) way of taking three all rounders into each of the other sides.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
AAA Collins is a medo, so put him in pace, put Cunningham in all rounder and bring CL Kalmar to spin.

Apart from that it looks good.

Loony BoB

International Captain
She's less an all rounder than I am :p Cloete actually has wickets to his name. Resha is an out-and-out batswoman.

Fixed what you said earlier, and put Wilson into the Seam group for Camps, to give the CW Blacks some representation in that team.