• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League rivalries

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
There are alot of rivalries within this league - what are they?

There are some team rivalries (though they're not very clear) and some player rivals. Let's hear your favourites :D

For example.. the hippest and most happening Jap on the market, G.K.K. Dobson and his pint sized Marist Ashgrove counterpart Andrew Cloete. Some great duels right there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The team rivalries seem odd...

Some players think their team has a rivalry with one team, while a member of the same team will claim that they dont, and that they infact has a rivalry with another team altogether.

So I guess their are rivalries between players and teams, and players and players, more than teams and teams.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
There are alot of rivalries within this league - what are they?

There are some team rivalries (though they're not very clear) and some player rivals. Let's hear your favourites :D

For example.. the hippest and most happening Jap on the market, G.K.K. Dobson and his pint sized Marist Ashgrove counterpart Andrew Cloete. Some great duels right there.
It's funny because they're probably both around the same height :huh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
The team rivalries seem odd...

Some players think their team has a rivalry with one team, while a member of the same team will claim that they dont, and that they infact has a rivalry with another team altogether.

So I guess their are rivalries between players and teams, and players and players, more than teams and teams.
That's true.

...but Red-Blue games are huge.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Blue's main rivalry a couple of seasons ago was Black purely because they were our nearest challengers. Since then it's been Red, pureply because they're a bunch of idiots. :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Big Trav!! On behalf of Big Travis Demeza and Even Bigger Simon Fitzsimmons, I officially declare war on dieting and exercise

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
I officially declare war on Travis Demaza

One day he'll be my 100th wicket.
Not much of a 100th wicket. :p

Anyway, Red vs Blue games are pretty big, especially with all the banter that went on in the pre-season this time. Plus, pretty much everyone likes to get Rob Dauth out.

Cunningham vs Wilson?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Cunningham vs. Wilson isn't fun any more. Cunningham's left Wilson eating dust of late.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not much of a 100th wicket. :p

Anyway, Red vs Blue games are pretty big, especially with all the banter that went on in the pre-season this time. Plus, pretty much everyone likes to get Rob Dauth out.
Everybody hurts.. Why Sean why?

I'll take that as a compliment.. a prized wicket :naughty:

Look I just feel guilty scoring runs off Sean Fuller - I feel as though I'm taking advantage of such a "special", "special" boy.. :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Cunningham vs. Wilson isn't fun any more. Cunningham's left Wilson eating dust of late.
Neither of them have been as good as last year. Being a Season 8 all-rounder myself, I usually keep track of the others, and Thompson's been comfortably the best this season, though Cunningham has outperformed him with the bat.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Everybody hurts.. Why Sean why?

I'll take that as a compliment.. a prized wicket :naughty:

Look I just feel guilty scoring runs off Sean Fuller - I feel as though I'm taking advantage of such a "special", "special" boy.. :p
So that's why you don't do it very much then? :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothin like comin up against the old boys for me.

Although I would like to get Rob out once or twice, or at least crack a rib or two.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blue vs Red is always good. I like to get Hakon out, he`s a big wicket for me.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
in the league ? I always like getting ex team mates out, mr Fuller (ex-voorburg..you'd better get back next year ) is fun to get out. but still want to get Town's out! :)
non league.. Kevin Pietersen is my bunny!