Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Reflection and Assessment

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

Season 9 Reflection and Assessment

Please give feedback here as to how you think the season has gone. This is not a thread to post what new things you think can be brought in for next season, but please comment on the things that have been done this season and how well or poorly you think they were done.

Basically this is a review of the season in terms of how well it was managed and run. I am open to criticism and would just like to hear the general thoughts of everyone so that the Dev League can continue to improve.

Once again, this is a thread to comment on existing practices, not things you would like to see in the future.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Personally I think this has been a great season, it's been really well managed and I'm appreciative of your work Not to mention it's going to a thrilling last quarter

The whole introduction of the Colts - it hasn't been without some hiccups, but it was very smoothly done and they've now become just another team. Good work, keep it up
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I think the one improvement based on current sign ups that I'd like to see will be coming in to be honest.

One thing I think that is missed by a lot of people is the reason for Dev Cricket though...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    No complaints. Very smoothly run season all round, the extra team worked well and I can't say I missed the Smash stuff at all.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    having a bye kinda sucks, maybe im just saying this cause we have one today
    other than that i think its been pretty good...

Don
    bring back smash
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    yeah i miss the hit and giggle game too

Colts have been great - alot of them have been active too which is excellent
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

From a Colt's point of view, it's been a fantastic time. Really enjoyed it, and appreciate the hard work put into it.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Also - Smash was crap, don't miss it at all. One thing I don't like, however, is byes.

I'm pretty sure that from a selector's point of view, the byes are good as it gives you a chance to take stock, reassess, etc. for future selection policy.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Isn't Simon a selector and he doesn't like the the byes....
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    I'm pretty sure that from a selector's point of view, the byes are good as it gives you a chance to take stock, reassess, etc. for future selection policy.
    from a playing point of view they arent very good...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    from a playing point of view they arent very good...
    I haven't played a FC game yet this year anyways, all much the same for me anyways

I think the season has gone quite well.
    • Smash has gone
    • New team integrated well
    • Internationals run smoothly

On the other hand
    • Less "Community" activity
    • Byes

I think, somewhat, the byes have hurt a little. It's obviously not as exciting when you (if you're like me and don't check the schedule) check out the games for the day and your team isn't involved. Not sure if there is much to be done about this, can't very well get rid of a team, but I wouldn't advocate adding another at this point. On the other hand, the byes have certainly helped management committees, and as such it seems that the other teams have gotten more involved with the actual work involved with their respective teams.

As to community activity, it seems we've somewhat segregated into our own little team groups, and there is seemingly less "CW" spirit. I think, personally, that there has certainly been too much animosity on the boards. I find nothing wrong with friendly rivalry, but I think in some instances it has gone too far. Certainly as a Red, I feel we've been victimised by other members of the community for our outspoken ways, and this has led to a "them or us" attitude. I'll admit that often we've somewhat brought it down on our selves, but nevertheless feel that, on the whole, the community spirit was lacking. I was also somewhat dissappointed by the lack of media by the community, although Pickup's recent articles have been a joy.

I can't really pinpoint it in the end, perhaps it's a mixture of a lot of little things, but I did feel that this season lacked that little bit of spark required to take it from being good (and don't get me wrong, the season has been good), to great. I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Personally:

A fantastic year, I have stood out in the OD game, and tbh, it's the first season I've felt that I've developed a long way.

5D, I've not been as good, but I've still played OK when Hakon's been away,

In all:

Don't like byes.
    Not as much activity really.
    OD sim ****ing up so much, is crap.

But:

IT'S BEEN REALLY CLOSE!!!

I mean, think about last year.

Green and Black were in all 3 finals.

But this year's been so close in both forms, with all 5 teams being there and there abouts.

So, good season, close season but with some faults.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information