• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 9 Reflection and Assessment

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
Personally I'm a bit upset by the "you didn't suggest this in your post, but I'll imply that you did" attitude...
:laugh:

I think this season has been between good and great. A bit more activity would be nice, but there`s no way you can really fix that. I really like the articles on Dev. League, but there haven`t been many of them this season.

Perhaps some match reports (not at all neccessarily by Liam) now that it`s the business end of the season would be good? I`ll put in.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Positives:
Injuries: There have been less issues caused by mass-injury this season, especially with the lengths of the injuries. Very pleased with that change.
New faces: Always good to get a few new people really involving themselves in the Dev League. Thoroughly enjoying it.
Development: We have the league, but some players simply aren't given the chance to develop, and are therefore missing out on many, many games. While I disagree with a mixed team being a "6th team" I do think that there must be some kind of way we can make sure these people get involved in their own ways.
Live Sims: Always great fun, these are.
General: Overall, I would say that this season has been great fun. I've really enjoyed working with Kyle and the Colts, and although I miss playing alongside Rai and am disappointed to have not played alongside Resha (both good friends of mine outside CW), it's at least nice to play against them in a fifth of my games.

Negatives:
Media & Milestones: I think this has been a big blow. I can't remember when people were advised of personal milestones last. I should have passed 1000 FC runs by now, I think... but I've no idea of when it was done because of the lack of media going on.
Complaints: It would be nice if the complaints weren't dragged out too long in the Dev League thread but rather were taken up in more official ways.
Fun: People need to laugh more. :p
Byes: When you have five teams, it's obvious that you'll have the odd bye. But three teams shouldn't be having a bye in one day. I think a rethinking of the schedule would easily allow for two games being played every day. I can help with this if you'd like.

I'd say, out of the negatives, the lack of the CW Paper and milestones is a big one as milestones are very big things for the non-selection-panel players - without milestones, they don't get to have as big a sense of achievement throughout the season. Even those on the selection panel miss out, really. I've just felt that the lack of milestones this season has given people a lot less to celebrate.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Negatives:
Media & Milestones: I think this has been a big blow. I can't remember when people were advised of personal milestones last. I should have passed 1000 FC runs by now, I think... but I've no idea of when it was done because of the lack of media going on.
yeah my 100th game came and went without my noticing :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Re. the recording (or lack thereof) of milestones - I think this has a bit to do with the apparent death of the CWBCC Weekly Times? It was going along quite well until its editor disappeared off the face of the earth. Perhaps this could be resurrected soonish.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've really liked the season so far, and as such I've been a bit active involved this time around than last. The byes obviously are a bit annoying, but I realise there's no real alternative so it's not that big of an issue for me. The introduction of the new team went well and it's meant the community and the leauge have been going along very nicely. Good job, I reckon

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Adamc said:
Re. the recording (or lack thereof) of milestones - I think this has a bit to do with the apparent death of the CWBCC Weekly Times? It was going along quite well until its editor disappeared off the face of the earth. Perhaps this could be resurrected soonish.
I shall be held partly responsible for that. Towards last season Ferd (the head dude) vanished, and left the rest of us with a pretty heavy workload, hence the lack of quantity towards the end of last season. I was contemplating bringing it back this season but my computer went down and I lost all of my stuff, wasn't motivated to start from scratch again - by that time the season was 1/4 into it.

For next season if we can get a group of blokes (or females) together I'm sure more hands would make lighter work - anyone willing to volenteer? maybe a rep from each team would provide some 'constructive' articles ;) .

Loony BoB

International Captain
Even if it's not a complete paper, and just someone recording milestones, that'd be good enough for me. Better than nothing, eh? The other stuff can always come in regular posts like Neil is doing, instead of you all having to work to a collective deadline like you did last time. I imagine that on many occasions one person would have done their work but nobody else had done theirs, and while it's nice to get it all in one go, if everyone else is busy, it can't hurt to at least see what that one person had to say.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
AUST_HiTMaN said:
I shall be held partly responsible for that. Towards last season Ferd (the head dude) vanished, and left the rest of us with a pretty heavy workload, hence the lack of quantity towards the end of last season. I was contemplating bringing it back this season but my computer went down and I lost all of my stuff, wasn't motivated to start from scratch again - by that time the season was 1/4 into it.

For next season if we can get a group of blokes (or females) together I'm sure more hands would make lighter work - anyone willing to volenteer? maybe a rep from each team would provide some 'constructive' articles ;) .
Happy to be the Colts representative.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If Dave is Red rep, I'll be happy enough to give him stats for the paper. I liked writing for the paper, it was just that it ate several hours out of my week-end...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Haha, didn't think of it like that - but nah, I think I ramble on longer than you do, so I'm not one to talk. :p I enjoy ythe emails. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Haha, didn't think of it like that - but nah, I think I ramble on longer than you do, so I'm not one to talk. :p I enjoy ythe emails. :p
Agreed. With myself being so busy with uni lately it has been great that Daniel and Jack have been able to do such things. Jack emails in particular are very helpful in communicating to the team.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer a great season and well done liam deserve an absolut eround of appluase, i do miss the media and milestones. as cricket is a stats game everyone would be keen on there milestones....