• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 9 Reflection and Assessment

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yer but for a bit of fun before the season starts i dont think its that bad. As long as it isnt taking over any other cricket i dont see what the problem is. THe more cricket the merrier.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Any idea's for next season can go either in the dev league suggestions thread, or you can post in the PA's forum.

cbuts

International Debutant
very pleased to have no smash. been a strange season for me to get into. played very few games due to CWselection and also dont know many of the guys at the mo - mainly beacuse i havent played any cricket with them

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the byes are a great idea, especially for selectors. We have a lot of games anyone so missing out on a couple here and there is no big deal.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I hate this season. Personal feelings that's all. Nothing wrong administratively except maybe wouldn't mind Smash.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
David said:
As to community activity, it seems we've somewhat segregated into our own little team groups, and there is seemingly less "CW" spirit. I think, personally, that there has certainly been too much animosity on the boards. I find nothing wrong with friendly rivalry, but I think in some instances it has gone too far. Certainly as a Red, I feel we've been victimised by other members of the community for our outspoken ways, and this has led to a "them or us" attitude. I'll admit that often we've somewhat brought it down on our selves, but nevertheless feel that, on the whole, the community spirit was lacking. I was also somewhat dissappointed by the lack of media by the community, although Pickup's recent articles have been a joy.
I can't see that changing without major roster shake-ups every so often, as at the moment most players will play for the one team their whole dev league career...

David

International 12th Man
thewizard1o1 said:
I can't see that changing without major roster shake-ups every so often, as at the moment most players will play for the one team their whole dev league career...
True, but that's not a bad thing. I think other factors are to blame.

cricketboy29

International Regular
The whole 'not getting selected for matches on end' was a bit of a downer. It sort of demotivates you, and makes u less active then you could be.

Majin

International Debutant
cricketboy29 said:
The whole 'not getting selected for matches on end' was a bit of a downer. It sort of demotivates you, and makes u less active then you could be.
Yah, I felt like that last season. This season I just spammed the Green thread because it's fun and ended up getting picked 'cause of it. :cool: But yeah. The whole not getting any games thing is understandable, form, better teammates etc, but it does make this pointless for those who aren't playing.

Other than that it's been a great wide open season so far. The byes are puu, but whattaya gonna do? Thats what happens when we have 5 teams.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Majin said:
Yah, I felt like that last season. This season I just spammed the Green thread because it's fun and ended up getting picked 'cause of it. :cool: But yeah. The whole not getting any games thing is understandable, form, better teammates etc, but it does make this pointless for those who aren't playing.

Other than that it's been a great wide open season so far. The byes are puu, but whattaya gonna do? Thats what happens when we have 5 teams.
well, i wouldnt say pointless, becasue its nice to see your team win, but it gets really dpressing, and theres no way to get in to the team, once you ve been dropped. Even with internationals gone.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cricketboy29 said:
The whole 'self pitying, I'll go wallow in my sorrows' attitude is also a bit of a downer.

ash chaulk

International Captain
cricketboy29 said:
just pretend your playing in the reserves?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Not as bad as the "you're crap, so you have no right to complain"...
Oh, that's how it is, is it? ;)

Personally I'm a bit upset by the "you didn't suggest this in your post, but I'll imply that you did" attitude...