• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Small question Liam - can a bowler work on taking wickets in the nets, and thus get a better strike rate but expend a bit of economy rate if they so wish? I'm just curious.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Nathan finding abit of form towards the end of the innings. Our Middle order needs to concentrate more i think though, everyone getting starts and not going on with it! Great bowling frrom Rose as well as Nath :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
Ah. That'd explain it.

Out of curiosity then, what simming stats do you give to a Test player making his debut? Decrease his FC simming batting average by 5? Increase the bowling one by 5?
Something like that...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
Small question Liam - can a bowler work on taking wickets in the nets, and thus get a better strike rate but expend a bit of economy rate if they so wish? I'm just curious.
No system like that is in place as yet.

ash chaulk

International Captain
well done blacks.... great all round performance thomo!!!!

we taught those colts whos the big daddy of OneDay cricket!

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I thinks i have been dropped due to an off field incidence, involve a SMS and a brown paper bag.

Or maybe because i am failing to get 50's :P

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Damn, so close.
Kind of ironic I was the only tail ender not to crumble ;)
not out, 2 from 2 ;)
Shame on the rest of you! (tail).

Well batted De Silva, Fuller and Wilshere. :)
Well bowled Nath, and well played greens. Setting up some really awseome games between the blues and greens :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A fast-medium bowler can't just become a fast bowler at the snap of the fingers. If I were to convert someone who has spent many seasons bowling fast-medium into a fast merchant, you'd be significantly less accurate and penetrative.
I see. Forget it then. Just checking to see how viable a venture it was.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good win Green. Gotta do better with the bat. Nice to see the catching has improved. Batting needs some work also we bowlers need to be a bit better at the least I think.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the CWBCC Stadium

Bryce Cunningham tormented the Blacks with bat and ball, as the Greens cruised to a comfortable 8-wicket win in front of their home crowd. Cunningham claimed 3 wickets to undermine half-centuries from Kearsley and Chaulk, as CW Black scored just 220 all out, batting first on a good surface.

The attacking allrounder then blazed a century down the order to frustrate the visitors as Green moved from 207/6 to 416 all out. Earlier it had been the grafting of Sajith and Lezama that kept Green in the hunt, but Cunningham brutally swayed the momentum entirely the way of Green with his innings.

Behind by 196 runs, Black batted once more, showing application, but not carrying on with starts yet again. Darren Dubb-Lynch thumped a rear guard 61 to give Green something to chase, but it was never a contest, finishing early on the 5th morning.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 220 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 416 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 260 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 68 for 2
Cricket Web Green won by 8 wkts.

Man of the Match: BC Cunningham

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the Bellerive Oval

It was a strong showing of character from the Reds, as they managed to gather themselves to attain a drawn result, having been smashed about by the Colts in the first innings in Hobart. Batting first on an easy-paced pitch, the Colts top order raced along to a total of 553 all out in 163.4 overs. Powering the spectacular batting display were Thamba Mamesh and Gary Nayak, and both batsmen scored hundreds.

In the middle order, Jasotharan kept the pace with a typically brisk half-century. Tucker and Comley then forced the point home, making the Reds work hard to finish the innings. Finally in to bat, Mørk and Dobson played admirably in surviving 18 overs to the close of day 2. The Reds soldiered on solidly on day 3, with Ian Markus and Rob Dauth then injecting urgency and confidence into the effort. Alas, it took a big-hitting cameo from Dave Watt down the order to help the total to 349, after the lower order collapsed clinically.

Following on, the Reds never ceased to show determination. Rob Dauth was again amongst the runs, and Mørk did the job he does best. Both scored half-centuries, as did Kartik Iyer, and saving the match slowly became a distinct possibility. Wright took centre stage against his old team once more (with the ball this time), and managed to take 4 wickets in the innings (9 in the match). It was all too little though, as the Colts lacked the time to complete the chase of the required 148 runs.

An honourable draw as far as the Reds are concerned, and a largely positive display from the Colts camp.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 553 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 349 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings Following On 351 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 60 for 3
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: T Mamesh

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Four good days of cricket, and one appalling one. First fifty in ages for me, though.

Ten catches in the second Red innings - and people complain about drops :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing to let them get away with scoring so many, Reds. Very disappointing

...but on the flip side, Hey, look. It's ROOKIE POWER!!! 8-) :sleep: :sleep:

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
Disappointing to let them get away with scoring so many, Reds. Very disappointing

...but on the flip side, Hey, look. It's ROOKIE POWER!!! 8-) :sleep: :sleep:
I'm sorry Sean. I forgot that I was supposed to ensure that Colts was a crap team with no hope of competing. After all, almost all of them are rookies, so if anyone does well, it's a flaw in the system and disgusting rookie power, right? 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm sorry Sean. I forgot that I was supposed to ensure that Colts was a crap team with no hope of competing. After all, almost all of them are rookies, so if anyone does well, it's a flaw in the system and disgusting rookie power, right? 8-)
No, but how many teams made up almost completely of rookies would you expect to score 550 against an attack far more experienced than their side, including two of the highest FC wicket takers in "the system", one having just having taken 12/88 in a test. Where does it happen "in the real world"?

I'm not saying the Colts should be ***** and lose every game, but 550 is an obscene amount to make against Watt, Kennett and Borcich (I'd be able to understand if it was 4 me's bowling, as I don't take wickets)

Last edited: