Page 1 of 245 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colts Thread

First Class Debutant

The Colts Thread

Well the other clubs have one, why not the newest and greatest club in CricketWeb. I can't wait for the season to start, i got a taste of it during club cricket, but i think this is going to be something else. Im really looking forward to playing with you guys and hopefully we can create some surprises and really give it to the old farts in the other teams a wake up call. Also just wondering when training starts skip, had a bit of a break after club cricket, but i can't wait to smack some leather around and meet all you guys.

Yeah, Dev league cricket is a blast, the games are always more enjoyable with the extra rivalry.

Wishing the Colts/Yellows the best of luck and especially to Kyle, hope you have a good season mate.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Don
    yes good luck younguns.the dev league games are alot better lots of laughs on the field.with batsmen farting and what not.
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

i cant wait for the season to start, my flatulance is quite hillarious!
    C'mon COLTS

Southern Dynamo Midfielder

www.myspace.com/themakeoutkidsnz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by new_age_ar
    Well the other clubs have one, why not the newest and greatest club in CricketWeb. I can't wait for the season to start, i got a taste of it during club cricket, but i think this is going to be something else. Im really looking forward to playing with you guys and hopefully we can create some surprises and really give it to the old farts in the other teams a wake up call. Also just wondering when training starts skip, had a bit of a break after club cricket, but i can't wait to smack some leather around and meet all you guys.
    Great to see we have enthusiasm at the club, which we should. I hope everyone at least makes some sort of comment in this thread.

What I'd really like from every member of the side is to post your goals for the season, this may be as simple as "I want to be a consistent batsman" or "I want to take a 7 wickets in an innings."

Personally, I want to establish myself as the premier paceman in the game at test level and re-establish myself as a ODI bowler. Most of all I want to guide the new team to be the best we can be. I want to get most out of all the players, and most of all I don't want any disputes, I believe as a new club we are at an advantage over the other clubs, we don't have a history of 'in-fighting' or bickering, and we can hit the ground running with a fresh and exciting attitude.

We have a great VC in Bob who will get his fair chance of captaining the side while I'm hopefully away on international duty. We also have a good core of experienced players who will mix well with the new guys.

Best of luck for the season and I wish you all the best.

Training will start as soon as I have more information on the progress of the season.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Yeah, Dev league cricket is a blast, the games are always more enjoyable with the extra rivalry.

Wishing the Colts/Yellows the best of luck and especially to Kyle, hope you have a good season mate.
    Thanks mate, sad to leave, but also excited about my new role. I'm sure you, Dave and Cameron will do well at the Reds, and I wish you guys the best of luck when you're not playing The Colts.

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Thanks mate, sad to leave, but also excited about my new role. I'm sure you, Dave and Cameron will do well at the Reds, and I wish you guys the best of luck when you're not playing The Colts.
    Thats what we like to hear - don't forget your roots mate.

Good luck Kyle.
    eep.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Good luck to all you young'uns (only when you're not against us Reds, of course). Good to see the League expanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

my goal for this season is earn some gametime and find my feet in the dev league

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Looking forward to serving the Colts. My goal is to be a consistent batsman - not much else anyone can hope for, is there?

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    Looking forward to serving the Colts. My goal is to be a consistent batsman - not much else anyone can hope for, is there?
    What is your preferred batting position?

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUST_HiTMaN
    Thats what we like to hear - don't forget your roots mate.

Good luck Kyle.
    Thanks Dave, I left knowing that the team was in good hands. I wouldn't have left if I thought the side would struggle without me. It was an opportunity I had to take.

Yay, we got our own thread.

My team goal is to be competitive and show everyone we won't be easybeats.

My personal goal is to earn a spot in the XI and contribute as much to the team as possible throughout the seaaon.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Hmm, will be good to face off against you in the centre, Kyle. Good luck with the team
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    What is your preferred batting position?
    Anywhere in the middle order, but I prefer batting at 4.

Page 1 of 245 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information