• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Well the other clubs have one, why not the newest and greatest club in CricketWeb. I can't wait for the season to start, i got a taste of it during club cricket, but i think this is going to be something else. Im really looking forward to playing with you guys and hopefully we can create some surprises and really give it to the old farts in the other teams a wake up call. Also just wondering when training starts skip, had a bit of a break after club cricket, but i can't wait to smack some leather around and meet all you guys.

David

International 12th Man
Yeah, Dev league cricket is a blast, the games are always more enjoyable with the extra rivalry.

Wishing the Colts/Yellows :p the best of luck and especially to Kyle, hope you have a good season mate.

Don

State Vice-Captain
yes good luck younguns.the dev league games are alot better lots of laughs on the field.with batsmen farting and what not.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
new_age_ar said:
Well the other clubs have one, why not the newest and greatest club in CricketWeb. I can't wait for the season to start, i got a taste of it during club cricket, but i think this is going to be something else. Im really looking forward to playing with you guys and hopefully we can create some surprises and really give it to the old farts in the other teams a wake up call. Also just wondering when training starts skip, had a bit of a break after club cricket, but i can't wait to smack some leather around and meet all you guys.
Great to see we have enthusiasm at the club, which we should. I hope everyone at least makes some sort of comment in this thread.

What I'd really like from every member of the side is to post your goals for the season, this may be as simple as "I want to be a consistent batsman" or "I want to take a 7 wickets in an innings."

Personally, I want to establish myself as the premier paceman in the game at test level and re-establish myself as a ODI bowler. Most of all I want to guide the new team to be the best we can be. I want to get most out of all the players, and most of all I don't want any disputes, I believe as a new club we are at an advantage over the other clubs, we don't have a history of 'in-fighting' or bickering, and we can hit the ground running with a fresh and exciting attitude.

We have a great VC in Bob who will get his fair chance of captaining the side while I'm hopefully away on international duty. We also have a good core of experienced players who will mix well with the new guys.

Best of luck for the season and I wish you all the best.

Training will start as soon as I have more information on the progress of the season.

Mister Wright

David said:
Yeah, Dev league cricket is a blast, the games are always more enjoyable with the extra rivalry.

Wishing the Colts/Yellows :p the best of luck and especially to Kyle, hope you have a good season mate.
Thanks mate, sad to leave, but also excited about my new role. I'm sure you, Dave and Cameron will do well at the Reds, and I wish you guys the best of luck when you're not playing The Colts.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Thanks mate, sad to leave, but also excited about my new role. I'm sure you, Dave and Cameron will do well at the Reds, and I wish you guys the best of luck when you're not playing The Colts.
Thats what we like to hear - don't forget your roots mate.

Good luck Kyle.

andyc

Good luck to all you young'uns (only when you're not against us Reds, of course). Good to see the League expanding.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to serving the Colts. My goal is to be a consistent batsman - not much else anyone can hope for, is there?

Mister Wright

AUST_HiTMaN said:
Thats what we like to hear - don't forget your roots mate.

Good luck Kyle.
Thanks Dave, I left knowing that the team was in good hands. I wouldn't have left if I thought the side would struggle without me. It was an opportunity I had to take.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Yay, we got our own thread.

My team goal is to be competitive and show everyone we won't be easybeats.

My personal goal is to earn a spot in the XI and contribute as much to the team as possible throughout the seaaon.

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
hi everyone, Gary Nayak, here Goal for the season, hmm, I think my goal for the season would be a) to get some gametime b) consistent scores , c)be a consistent economical perfomer with the ball.

Mister Wright

wrangler203 said:
hi everyone, Gary Nayak, here Goal for the season, hmm, I think my goal for the season would be a) to get some gametime b) consistent scores , c)be a consistent economical perfomer with the ball.
Excellent Gary. I'm sure if you work hard at training you will achieve your goals. Welcome aboard.