• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good write up, mate. :) Congrats to all those doing well. I think every player can take positives from at least one part of their game at the moment.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cawr, what a write up.

Solid team for the colts, reckon you could finish second in both forms next season (obviously second to blue :p).

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame is I put down improving my batting as my aim for Club Cricket, assuming that I'd automatically keep as well, and then Camps goes and gives the gloves to Dubb-Lynch. Feel ripped off.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Burke said:
Shame is I put down improving my batting as my aim for Club Cricket, assuming that I'd automatically keep as well, and then Camps goes and gives the gloves to Dubb-Lynch. Feel ripped off.
We all know how good a keeper you are anyway, so no worries mate - nothing to prove there.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
fairly happy with my batting :)

bowling really needs to improve but then again, the pitches in T&T don't overly favour spin bowling. improvement needed, I hope to prove one or two things on tour with CW A
and am looking forward to another succesfull season at the colts!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
fairly happy with my batting :)

bowling really needs to improve but then again, the pitches in T&T don't overly favour spin bowling. improvement needed, I hope to prove one or two things on tour with CW A
and am looking forward to another succesfull season at the colts!
T&T produce the best spinners in the region... :p

Majin

International Debutant
My OD bowling is both comical and horrific. :laugh: :cry:

Not too chuffed with the way my average and s/r has been rising in the longer form of the game, either. Those were the two things I specifically wanted to work on lowering this season. :\

As for the batting, no complaints with OD of course, and would like to get some more runs going in FC again.

Lots of gun performances from the rest of you guys, though. I think I'll start training on my drinks carrying. :happy:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Depends on how fast Liam is able to push through all the offseason games, I'm guessing, along with the current tours to Pakistan and the CW 'A' tour. I figure the warmups will start a little after that, with a bit of breathing space between the offseason and the start of the new season while the rookies/squads/contracts/etc. issues get sorted.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Mama Mia, I just eaten Humble Pie (Pizza) and just got dished!

Oh well, good to be back.

So we start after A games, sweet! Can't wait to get going!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey daniel, have u updated the stats again yet? i think my last 90 odd not out in the Ford Ranger Cup should take my average over 40, which would be amazing given my career average...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Pretty sure it's actually over 50 now, I'll have a quick look.

EDIT: Here we go. A few notes...

SG Fitzsimmons is the only batsman to average over 50 in both forms, despite playing at a higher level than other batsmen. He, like Towns in OD games, is also over 100 runs ahead of the next man down. Towns, Butler and Wilson also have a combined average (FC/4D average + OD average) of over 100.

SJ Burke has been our second best batsman in the longer form, showing a strong hand for winning the second opening spot alongside Fitzy for the start of the next season. Pooja Bharat, sitting next in line on runs scored, may be looking to take Nayak's place in the middle order, however the competition is still hot for all positions.

CR Butler is the only batsman to still have an average of over 100 in any form, making the most of his five games before being called up to the international side. Towns, Wilson, Dasa and Fitzy have also had great seasons with the OD bat, with Dasa and Towns in particular batting at a strike rate above 90 (Towns above 100).

For bowling in the longer form, it's been a healthy share to the various regular bowlers. Wright has quite easily been the pick of the bunch, with the most wickets at the lowest average. Jack McNamara has also been in extremely good touch, putting pressure on Rai and Weber for the FC spin roles for the Colts. Rai is second at the wickets, although at the highest average outside of Towns, who has just one wicket.

In the short form, Wilson and - rather surprisingly - Towns & Bharat have been the best bowlers average-wise, each with at least six wickets to their name. Wilson has 13, the most of any of our bowlers at this time, followed by Jack on 12 and Weber on 10. Weber has been expensive, though, while the economical Jack only manages a wicket once a game on average. Having said that, he's been the best outside of Wilson for regular Colts bowlers with Rai, Wright and Thomas all struggling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
For those of you active enough to check this thread, I trust you're also active enough to look for others in this forum now that the off-season has ended...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Offseason stats... image & excel form (the excel sheet includes individual stats pages with all innings detail). If you notice anything wrong then let me know!

Also, currently not signed in: Butler, Wright, Jaso, Resha, Burke. Hasn't been long, mind you. I expect most if not all of them to sign in as I think we released our most inactive players.

Attachments

Last edited: