• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
Burke is already in the OD side at the moment, but yeah, the U-19 players will be gone as of the 14th - since NZ is (as far as I know) not too far from Aussie, I'd hope they aren't too far from CWLand either so the travel will be doable.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
Burke is already in the OD side at the moment, but yeah, the U-19 players will be gone as of the 14th - since NZ is (as far as I know) not too far from Aussie, I'd hope they aren't too far from CWLand either so the travel will be doable.

I kinda did mean the FC form, when was Burkey's last FC?

14th eh? Well, let's give the kiwi's team a bashing then!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
I kinda did mean the FC form, when was Burkey's last FC?

14th eh? Well, let's give the kiwi's team a bashing then!
Burke was opening for the FC side at the end of last season, I believe.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Wow! I mean WOW! I'm the only Colts player to actally get a ton this season!

but that's a lot of concern! We need more contributing batsman to score tons!

Loony BoB

International Captain
It is obviously a concern, yes, particularly in FC. Some bastsmen have gone close though - Pitt's 96 shouldn't be overlooked purely because he didn't reach three figures.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
I'd just like to congratulate McNamara, Thomas, Hancock and Jasotharan for their much deserved callups to the CW U-19 Squad. I'd also like to make a special congrats to Jack, who has been named captain of the squad. I'm sure I speak for everyone in the CW Colts when we say that we wish you all the best - and given three of our bowlers are in the squad, that we look forward to your return, too!

The other Colts bowlers have some shoes to fill, but I'm sure that they'll be happy for the opportunity to play some Dev League cricket and hopefully make an impact. :)

I'd also like to welcome Lowings to the squad!
Seconded. Good luck guys, do the Colts proud.

cometer

State Regular
Yeh all the best for all of you in the U19's tour and destroy the opposition. On another not it now gives me a chance to start performing for the Colts now instead of performing for the Darters and i'll try to make the most of the game time.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Have to say that last OD match is a bit disappointing. We just couldn't get the run rate up...but 228 for only 3 wickets in 50 is not good enough.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Not good at all........... Despite a 66......................

btw, when Some people get the wrong meaning of a double meaning

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
That loss stings, especially seeing we didn't make the most of out batting innings.

Personally, happy to play my first match of the season and do alright with 17*

Loony BoB

International Captain
Have to admit it's surprisingly quiet for the Colts, we're usually one of the top sides in activity! I know a couple of us are emailing and so on, but posting in this thread can't hurt either. ;)

We've got a big OD against Blue tomorrow, if we can't pull it together I can see some changes being made to the side for sure.