• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Another excellent win - great team effort. Personally hope I can contribute more than just seeing off the new ball....I can never seem to kick on in the longer form.

Loony BoB

International Captain
cometer said:
Nice win again Colts, although i'd prefer to be contributing to the teams performance, i'll keep trying hard in grade to get selected for the colts but congratulations to all those who played and won us the game and another good score from Jaso is good signs of things to come.
To be honest, Comet, you've not done much wrong - although the chances you did have weren't up to your higher standard which we know you can reach - it's just the trouble of the rest of the bowlers doing really well, too. However you're definitely vying for position, especially when thinking about OD, so don't count yourself out of anything yet, that's for sure.

I think it's also that we have a larger squad than last season as well as this season being (so far) relatively injury-free.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
I think it's also that we have a larger squad than last season as well as this season being (so far) relatively injury-free.
Uh oh. Who here believes in jinxes? :unsure:
*Jaws clamps Townsy and pulls him, screaming, into the water*
*Aliens abduct and probe Jaso*
*Kyle developes McGrathism, or a 'fear of cricket balls'*
Beware.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
The last I need need is going to Uranus and won't be coming back!

Well, naming to keep an eye on poor form players sure does break the ice here it seems

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say I've got my drinks carrying technique perfected :p

Good win boys, good start to the season!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
A bit hard isn't Burkey, If you can pull some hard yards, you can make it too, the Colts looks like cup finalists this year, and that's not with both units working at the same time!

If batting and bowling went well at the same time................... Ooooooohhh Yeah!

cometer

State Regular
Loony BoB said:
To be honest, Comet, you've not done much wrong - although the chances you did have weren't up to your higher standard which we know you can reach - it's just the trouble of the rest of the bowlers doing really well, too. However you're definitely vying for position, especially when thinking about OD, so don't count yourself out of anything yet, that's for sure.

Yeh i've been aware of that :), which is good because it means the performances of other players have been solid as well which is the best way for the team to be at this stage. :cool:

Majin

International Debutant
Great game there, very happy to get one over on the old team. But man, such a heartbreaker for Pitt. :(

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
What a start to the season! Excellent performance all round, but bad luck for Pitt falling just short of a ton.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Very nice boys.

Jaso, on fire. And Barns, I have no idea what to say. 96 is better than 0, or even 95 for that matter ;)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys, I am very sorry for my absense recently. Couldn't be helped, but I'd like you all to know that I'm back on board and ready to go. Daniel, if you get a chance, I'd like to have a chat on MSN.

Loony BoB

International Captain
No worries mate, always good to see you back in action. :) I'll hopefully catch you online soon, just message me when you're around and if I'm there, I'll reply. :)

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
not a good loss that..........

We are a great FC team, but a crappy OD Team, we're not one night standers at all

BTW Smith, What type of player are you?