• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
"CWLand Colts" would be more fitting and more even from side-to-side, but the idea of a motto sounds interesting enough to let a few people have a go.
But you're the poet. :ph34r:

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
I like it, man. Good stuff. :D

McKern is very unlucky to miss out on the next game but this is only down to the extremely tight competition going on for bowling spots (and for positive reasons!). Wright to come in and take on the role as captain after his return from the test side and Fensome to get a rest while Nayak has a shot at the #3 position. Eyes will be on Jaso as we look for a bigger score from him in the next game, with Burke undoubtedly eager to get his first start of the regular season and looking good in the nets. Rai continues his place in the FC side after returning from injury.

Gotta dig deep for that warmup form, real deep!

Majin

International Debutant
Nice one, Greg, that's really suave. And the words on the logo look fine to me, Cricket Web for the site, and then CW colts for the team. I don't see a problem

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm quite happy with the variation in the team now - we have a good spread of bats, keepers, allrounders (two spinning, two seaming) and bowlers (1 spinning, 4 seaming). Now we just need to get more players finding consistent good form with the bat and we'll indeed be a force.

Looking forward to the game against Green, the old side for three players in this squad who will all be in the XI.

Loony BoB said:
I'm quite happy with the variation in the team now - we have a good spread of bats, keepers, allrounders (two spinning, two seaming) and bowlers (1 spinning, 4 seaming). Now we just need to get more players finding consistent good form with the bat and we'll indeed be a force.

Looking forward to the game against Green, the old side for three players in this squad who will all be in the XI.
will i play??

and is the game today??

Loony BoB

International Captain
You won't play today - You'll have a bit of work to do to get into the FC side given that we have five in-form bowlers as well as a returning international player all vying for those positions. The game is today, yeah.

I don't know when you'll make your debut for the Colts just yet, but I would expect it to be in an OD game. The selection panel (Kyle, myself, Jack and Nick) will definitely be keping you in mind along with the other 16 players. You'll get games, though, for sure. :) I look forward to your first game, it's always great to see a rookie on debut.

ok thats cool.

hopefully i can prove myself good enough for the team soon.

but never the less i will be rooting for the colts too win all the way.

come on you colts!!!!!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Awesome, the more open support we get the better! Let's take it to Garven and his band of merry men (and woman).

cometer

State Regular
welcome to the colts beamer. All the best with your debut game whenever it may be, and hope you enjoy your time for us.