• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nick's bowling in the second innings was brilliant! :) Isn't that your B/B for Colts? :)

We didn't bat so crash hot in the first innings but IMHO Bharats batting in the second innings really gave the bowlers something better to defend. I think this shows the Colts can comeback from anywhere and that we shouldn't be underestimated. Go Colts!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man

This isn't funny anymore, 2 gold ball ducks in 2 FC matches, this my better format! Anyway, I don't think batting at 5 is working

Greatcomeback win tho, eickets,wickets and more wickets, my god we're good at bowling! :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:

This isn't funny anymore, 2 gold ball ducks in 2 FC matches, this my better format! Anyway, I don't think batting at 5 is working

Greatcomeback win tho, eickets,wickets and more wickets, my god we're good at bowling! :)
You've scored big runs in the warmups in the middle order which are counted into form. Most of your big scores have been at #5, two bad games after many good ones are hardly anything that should make you rethink your position in the order. If your bad form continues, I'd have to say it definitely is just that - bad form. Hopefully it won't continue though.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I suppose, I've been domanting the opening position for the Tigers, even getting a wicket as young Vaughn here gets his chances

Sigh, things can only go up, Once that mojo is found, we'll pull in winners

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
I suppose, I've been domanting the opening position for the Tigers, even getting a wicket as young Vaughn here gets his chances

Sigh, things can only go up, Once that mojo is found, we'll pull in winners
We've won three games this season, drawn one, lost two. I wouldn't say we're doing too badly just yet. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
With all respect to our team, you also have to respect the opposition - yes, we have a good squad but we are still the underdogs in this competition at the moment. Green also have only one callup, and Reds (the team that beat us twice) have two players who were initially going to be on international duty until certain occurances led to them playing Dev League cricket. Although we could do better, we're doing fine for our situation.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worth noting that Ben Vaughan was transferred to CW Green in the recent past. I thought I had announced it on the forum, but maybe I didn't. This transfer may be reversed, however, if Green and Colts come to an agreement, considering that Green now has greater batting cover and Desi should be returning soon.

cometer

State Regular
Nice win there, looks at the moment like ill be spending more time in grade then for colts. Anyway another good win there and all the best for future matches.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I like it, man. Good stuff. :D

McKern is very unlucky to miss out on the next game but this is only down to the extremely tight competition going on for bowling spots (and for positive reasons!). Wright to come in and take on the role as captain after his return from the test side and Fensome to get a rest while Nayak has a shot at the #3 position. Eyes will be on Jaso as we look for a bigger score from him in the next game, with Burke undoubtedly eager to get his first start of the regular season and looking good in the nets. Rai continues his place in the FC side after returning from injury.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:
Just something I made when bored. Fairly ordinary but thought you guys might like it...

Very nice, but putting 'Cricket Web CW Colts' is like saying 'ATM machine' :p

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I had to pad out the blank space. I can easily edit it if anyones got a better suggestion IE a motto or something. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
"CWLand Colts" would be more fitting and more even from side-to-side, but the idea of a motto sounds interesting enough to let a few people have a go.