• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
My goal for this season is to establish myself in the top 6 in both forms and to become the number one keeper at the colts. I guess they're pretty high goals, but i have always set high goals when i play cricket in real life, so i see no different here.

My email is thamba@cricketmail.net
I had a msn a while back, but i never went on it and know i can't remember the password. I might get a new one somethime soon.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
My aim is to make two fifties for the year, and average over 15 with the bat. And with the ball, I hope to take 1.5 wickets per match.

I can't wait for this, should be fantastic. Good luck to Kyle leading us into a brave new era, his movement out of his comfort zone (as well as others who have done the same) shouldn't be overlooked.

My msn is jp_mcnamara@hotmail.com . Carn the Colts!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Yeah, we can't forget the help of people like Kyle and BoB because they have an opportunity to make it in the big time... however, they choose to stay down with us and help (Y) so thanks a lot

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
chooka_nick said:
Yeah, we can't forget the help of people like Kyle and BoB because they have an opportunity to make it in the big time... however, they choose to stay down with us and help (Y) so thanks a lot
Undoubtedly, im sure we're all very grateful that we have some experience in our team, that we can look to in times when our team gets into trouble.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Lol Wrangler that's sure to be many!
Meanwhile, what do we all do here? In real life I'm an allrounder but I open the batting, so it should be interesting to see what I do. How about yourselves?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
new_age_ar said:
My goal for this season is to establish myself in the top 6 in both forms and to become the number one keeper at the colts. I guess they're pretty high goals, but i have always set high goals when i play cricket in real life, so i see no different here.

My email is thamba@cricketmail.net
I had a msn a while back, but i never went on it and know i can't remember the password. I might get a new one somethime soon.

Hmm, I have competition, Wonder which one of us will be better?, if not me, better practing bowling and become a batting all rounder insted of a Keeping all rounder.

Goals: Be no1 keeper, get at least 3 tons, get 15 dismassals from my keeping, and hopefully, if bowling, get 5 wickets

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Official Colts Team List

Okay boys, here we go! It's time for the official Colts team to be posted here, just so that we all know who's in here.
And the Colts team (of 15 players) is comprised of:
  • T Mamesh - batsman
  • DP Towns - batsman
  • AS Das - batsman
  • JB Malthus-Howell - batsman
  • SJ Burke (wk) - batsman
  • RT Verghese (wk) - batsman
  • JJ Josy - batsman
  • G Nayak - batsman/fast medium
  • NR Hancock - allrounder/medium fast
  • JB Brown - allrounder/fast
  • DJ Comley - allrounder/left chinaman
  • DP Tucker - allrounder/offspin
  • JP McNamara - bowler/left offspin
  • GM Thomas - bowler/fast
  • KS Wright - bowler/fast medium (captain)
Now, that is a fairly decent squad with a few problems:
  1. We have eight batsmen...
  2. ...and only three bowlers
  3. We have four allrounders, of which two are spinners and two are seamers
  4. McNamara is our one sole spinner, a leftie, and I'm guessing that he will play a few matches simply because we have two spinning allrounders whose batting may not be required.
  5. We have four pacemen, namely Wright (fast-med), Thomas (fast), Brown (fast), and myself (Hancock, medium-fast).
  6. Note that Brown and myself are allrounders, meaning that Wright and Thomas will probably be our main pace spearheads. Of course, Nayak can bowl a few overs if nessicary.
  7. The batting is probably the most interesting conundrum, however. We have two keepers, which will probably mean that they'll both be mixed around during the season, but we have a lot of 'straight-out' batsmen. It will be interesting to see what combination we choose for our matches.
Captain Wright dude, do we know what sort of a pitch that we'll be playing on? That'll probably be the deciding factor in the team selection.
If we suppose that we play all three bowlers, then this may be how our team looks:
  1. Batsman
  2. Batsman
  3. Batsman
  4. Batsman
  5. Batsman (Keeper)
  6. Batsman/Allrounder (If Nayak isn't playing and you want an extra bowler, if not probably another batsman)
  7. Allrounder
  8. Allrounder
  9. Bowler
  10. Bowler
  11. Bowler
Please post any comments, and note that this is just a brief rundown.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Yeah mate, a greentop would be nice, then you could probably play Wright as the sole paceman, maybe all of the spinners and just an extra seam bowler and Nayak.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Chooka, as you`ll soon learn - super all-rounders are the base of the CW system. Whoever has the most of them in their side, wins.

*works on batting with Neil, Kennett*

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
On another note, great to see you active and posting. We need more people like you. :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Thanks Nnanden, I'm lovin the fact that I can come here and post without being flamed for my often idiotic comments (Y) It's a good little community :)

David

International 12th Man
Nnanden said:
Chooka, as you`ll soon learn - super all-rounders are the base of the CW system. Whoever has the most of them in their side, wins.

*works on batting with Neil, Kennett*
Some already consider me an allrounder. But the batting practice is always nice.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
chooka_nick said:
Thanks Nnanden, I'm lovin the fact that I can come here and post without being flamed for my often idiotic comments (Y) It's a good little community :)
Little? :@ :p

If it`s idiotic comments you like, come to the Testing Forum. :)