• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

cbuts

International Debutant
thought i may have a few more considering im running at an for the season.

nearly half over and we are sitting up the top of both leagues. gotta keep it going this season boys

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the season half over (game wise) thought I'd do a bit of a team summary about how we are going.

Colts Season Update

JC Wilson 3/10
Dont want to be too tough but hasn't done that great yet. Theres a future here but maybe not in OD cricket, has really struggled for wickets in that form of the game while he bowled without luck in his only FC appearance.
I'd agree with that. If anything you've been too kind, I've been ****ing ****house!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So yeh, another monumental pasting, we have fallen out of the top 2 in FC and are going that way in OD, any idea's to stop the slide?

I pinpoint these as the problem areas:
First Class: Not getting enough value out of our opening partnerships and also lower middle order such as Wilson, Deane, Weber haven't scored enough runs.
One Day: Bowling is rubbish, most teams are struggling from this but ours is particuarly dire. Until Pimpkins returns from his forum ban in a few weeks we can't pick him but the season may be gone by then.

cbuts

International Debutant
i think the batting needs to be changed. ill put my hand up to give opening a go, maybe not ideal, but worth a shot. No point continueing as is, or we will be battling for the wooden spoon shortley!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Didn't we once have one of the best FC bowling attacks, if not the best FC bowling attack, in the league? Man, what happened? :(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
i think the batting needs to be changed. ill put my hand up to give opening a go, maybe not ideal, but worth a shot. No point continueing as is, or we will be battling for the wooden spoon shortley!
You're best served to us at 4; our opening in ODIs is probably our best point atm, while in FC Towns and Rai are getting it together. Or main problems are 2nd innings FC batting, batting after #4 position in OD, and bowling is going a bit **** as well.

cbuts

International Debutant
You're best served to us at 4; our opening in ODIs is probably our best point atm, while in FC Towns and Rai are getting it together. Or main problems are 2nd innings FC batting, batting after #4 position in OD, and bowling is going a bit **** as well.
looks like your right!