• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Jakester1288

International Regular
Hey there guys,

As you may or may not know I have signed a rookie contract to play for the Colts. I was a bit in the dark and unsure on where to post it and stuff, and ended up signing then looking around. I logged on this morning and saw that Spinksy (my friend) signed for the Colts as well, and posted in here. Hence me posting now.

I would like to say hi to all my fellow team mates, and was wondering where I would fit into our side. For those who don't know, I am a batting allrounder.

Thanks for taking me in, and I'm working hard on my posting and trying to not let you down.

Thanks,

Jake.

Spinksy

Banned
Hey there guys,

As you may or may not know I have signed a rookie contract to play for the Colts. I was a bit in the dark and unsure on where to post it and stuff, and ended up signing then looking around. I logged on this morning and saw that Spinksy (my friend) signed for the Colts as well, and posted in here. Hence me posting now.

I would like to say hi to all my fellow team mates, and was wondering where I would fit into our side. For those who don't know, I am a batting allrounder.

Thanks for taking me in, and I'm working hard on my posting and trying to not let you down.

Thanks,

Jake.
Yes, um... Hi Jake. Why did that have to be written/typed out as if it was a formal letter? I know how hard you are trying to improve your posting and all but typing formal is not the way to do it, trust me, I know this because I have tried it myself. Just sit back, and relax.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Yes, um... Hi Jake. Why did that have to be written/typed out as if it was a formal letter? I know how hard you are trying to improve your posting and all but typing formal is not the way to do it, trust me, I know this because I have tried it myself. Just sit back, and relax.
It wasn't intended as a formal letter kind of thing, it just happened to come out that way. And I am trying to improve my posting, but I have actually posted good everywhere except CricSim, no one will notice here (except possibly Rob). And I do realise that you tryed typing it all formal and stuff, but it did work, seeing you got your access back, but not a good reputation. Trust me, I know what I'm doing, and I no longer want or need help/tips to improve my posting. Please just lay off me.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah mate you're not actually part of the Colts yet, as you haven't been formally offered a contract. Dunno if you're still going to be offered one or not but the e-mail =/= an actual contract. Keep looking at the Rookie thread to see if you're offered one.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hey there guys,

Thanks,

Jake.
You haven't been officially offered a contract yet. Just hold your horses ;)

Majin

International Debutant
Tbf, you average in the 40's. You're probably our best bat behind Butler. Don't tell anyone else, they may get upset/jealous.
Probably is for now but I am not going to sit by and be content with that. I will surpass them both, just you wait. One day. One day.

=/= means "does not equal" and "tbf" is to be fair.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Too late. Even the circus would baulk at the levels of incompetency shown here.

The Colts - the only CWLand team with a direct line to Malcolm Speed at the ICC.