• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
...and now Shah will need to pick a new one. :laugh: Strange how many people want the same numbers.

EDIT: How awesome are we?

P Bharat - 142*
JB Malthus - 81
SG Fitzsimmons - 75
JB Malthus - 72
TV Weber - 53*
MW Wilson - 51

NR Hancock - 4-28
KS Wright - 4-67
TV Weber - 3-29
GM Thomas - 3-91

Talk about a team effort. :cool:

Hopgood and Shaggy both did well too for the U-19s :)

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
The best thing is how it's not just the people we brought in to boost the batting, Fitzy and Wilson and Butler that are scoring us the runs, Pooja and Howler have been on fire since the start of warmups and our rookies are totally gunning it as well. Really good signs for the future.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricketweb Colts player ratings for game v Blue

I won't be doing this for every game this season, but I thought I would do this for at least the warmup games...

S.G. Fitzsimmons: Playing his first official game for the Colts Mr Fitzsimmons formed a fantastic combination at the top of the order with seasoned Colts player 'Howler'. Simon would be disapointed he didn't convert his first innings 75 into a triple figure score. 8/10

J.B. Malthus: Playing in his preferred spot at the top of the order 'Howler' obviously felt much more confident with an experienced opener and it showed with two magnificent scores of 81 & 72. Again, like Fitzsimmons 'Howler' would be disapointed he didn't turn those scores into triple figure scores. He would also be disapointed he didn't have a great day in the field. 'Howler' showed promising signs last season, but was far too inconsistent. Could this be 'Howler's' break through season? 9/10

D.P. Towns: The Colt's vice captain looked a little stunned in the first innings coming to the crease with 134 on the board. However, the initial shock wore off and Towns typically made it his order of the day to occupy the crease of which he did for 124 balls and saw the score click over 200 with only the loss of 1 wicket. Towns would be disapointed with his 2nd innings. 6/10

C.B. Butler: Mr Butler was also playing his first official game for the Colts. Hopefully Chris is a believer in that it is better to get your poor scores out of the way before the season begins, because his scores of 18 & 0 were not scores he would be happy with. However, Butler showed why he was so eagerly chased in recruitment by Colts' captain Kyle Wright. Captain Wright threw him the ball when he desperatly needed a wicket. The Colts captain had the biggest smile on his face during the whole game after that wicket was taken. 3/10

S. Jasotharan: The player with the biggest mouth in the Cricketweb league also has the biggest heart. He showed that with a fine 39 in the Colts' first innings. Finally coming to the crease with a solid platform he was allowed to show his flamboyant capabilities with a bruising 39. He also kept with distinction. With Burke mysteriously disapearing from Cricketweb cricket 'Jaso' is now the Colts' first choice keeper, a role 'Jaso' cherishes. Big things are expected from him this season and if he can be allowed to play his natural game all season the Colts will be looking at some big scores. 6/10

P. Bharat: Bharat continues to impress everytime she steps to the crease. Having been moved up and down the order, everyone knows she performs at her best in the middle order. She showed that again in the second innings when she put on a fine 142, again just when her team needed it. Every team needs a player like Bharat. She isn't a star, and doesn't get the credit she should, but when her team needs her she more often than not steps up to the plate and delivers. 10/10

M. W. Wilson: Mr. Wilson is another one of the Colts playing his first official game. Although he didn't show his true allround abilities in this match, he did show how dangerous he can be at the bottom of the order. He would be disapointed he didn't pick up any wickets in either innings, given that he was given a lot of overs, but he should be happy that he is doing the role he was recruited for in scoring lower order runs and getting through a lot of overs. There is a long season ahead and Mike will have a lot to say on where the Colts finish on the table at the end of the season. 5/10

N.R. Hancock: Mr Hancock is just one of those players you cannot keep out of the game. He is either scoring runs or taking wickets, and on the odd occasion he is doing both! Colts' captain Kyle Wright has been known to say that he thinks when Hancock is, on his day, the most destructive player in the Cricketweb league. He showed his allround promise in the first warmup game with a few runs and crucial first innnings wickets. 7/10

T.V. Weber: Mr Weber is one of those players that just keeps on improving. He showed us his one day talents last year, but has yet to show his full talents in the first class format. Could this game be a sign of this changing for young Weber? He occupied the crease in both innings and managed a half century in the second, he was not out on both occasions which showed he had more left in him. He also took handy wickets in the first innings. Fantastic opening to the season for Weber. If he can continue this form throughout the season, it could be a bitter-sweet situation for the Colts as Weber should be playing at the top level consistently. 10/10

K. S. Wright: The controversial Colts' captain is one of those players that just keeps on keeping on. He bleeds gold blood and he often leaves a lot of it on the field. Having conceeded that his international playing days are probably behind him, he says he still has a desire to prove himself at that level and that is only good news for the Colts, because it will mean he is focused for every match. He looked a bit rusty in his early first innings spell, however he was economical as always. It was the second innings effort from Wright that had the Colts' fans smiling. His four wickets were all top order batsman and all quality dismissals. Again, Wright will hold the key to the Colts' bowling fortunes this summer. 8/10

G. M. Thomas: Like Hancock, Thomas is another Colts player that you just can't keep out of a game. Even when the guy isn't bowling well he is taking wickets. A lot of observers at the CW Oval said they thought he didn't look at his best, which is bad news for his opponents. If Thomas can take wickets when he isn't bowling well, how many is he going to take when he is? We all know the answer to that question, a lot! Thomas looked rusty, but will be all that much better for the hit out. 3/10

Mister Wright

Cricketweb Colts player ratings for game v Green

S.G. Fitzsimmons: 'Fitzy' finally broke through with a three figure score and looks in great form going into the season proper. His determination to get the Colts to the victory target in the second innings was extremely pleasing to see. Simon certainly shows all the attributes that has made Colts the side they are today. 10/10

A.S. Das: 'Dasa' is a man of few words, and on this occasion a man of few runs. He would be very disapointed with his return in this game with scores of 22 & 0 especially given the competition is running hot at the moment for opening batting positions. It may just be that 'Dasa' will have to concentrate on his one day game this year, but one thing that you can be sure of from 'Dasa' is that he will give his all for the Colts and don't be surprised if he is a Colts regular in the first class arena. 1/10

D.P. Towns: The man simply known as 'Towns' wherever he goes put on a masterclass of batting for the spectators at PDV Dome. Never has a better innings been played at the Dome. There have been rumours that he was inspired by Malone's continual baiting of Towns when he first came to the crease, with statements like, "You'll never see a better innings than mine, I'm so ****ing good." and, "I'm the best ****ing player there has ever been, Towns you'll never match up to me." Towns made it his mission to shut Malone up, and he did so with great composure with a wonderful confidence building innings. If you ask Towns he won't confirm or deny anything, but people did say they heard him say to Malone when he reached his double, "Malone hits like a butterfly, I sting like a bee" 10/10

C.R. Butler: Butler continued to get rid of his poor scores in the preseason matches, however he did occupy the crease in the first innings and played the best shot of the day when he cleared the stands. His form is building nicely, and should be well on the way to triple figures come the season proper. 3/10

S. Jasotharan: 'Jaso' doesn't like to face a lot of balls. Again he showed his power with another bruising innings of 31 in the first innings. However, he still needs to understand that occupying the crease can be just as valuble when chasing big scores. However, given that he had spent a long time behind the stumps it is understandable the guy didn't really want to see any more of the pitch than he had to. His keeping, again was excellent with a fantastic stumping in the second innings. 5/10

P. Bharat: Not much can be said about Bharat's efforts with the bat in her 2nd turn out of the preseason. Unlike her heroics in the first game, she struggled with the bat in this match. However, she has a big season ahead of her. 1/10

M.W. Wilson: Wilson had a much better game this time round. Showing his true value with important wickets on a lifeless pitch and providing crucial lower order runs. His allround abilities are important for the Colts' chances of success this season. He is starting to look really good, and should be pleased with his performance. 8/10

D.K. Rai: 'D.K.' is the ground soldier of the Colts side. Often finding himself in the trenches and having to dig the Colts out of trouble, he has done this role with distinction so many times, this game was no exception. Although the statistical results weren't there to show, he bowled with heart and batted above his ability with a handy 35 in the second innings. He did himslef proud. 4/10

J.P. McNamara: McNamara, the Colts' own Justice of the Peace always does his best for the Colts and he was the best of the Colts' spinners in the first innings. He also made it his mission to occupy the crease in the Colts' first innings. This was a good chance for McNamara to clear away some cobwebs and he will be better off for the outing. 4/10

M. Shah: Shah was playing his first game, and was thrown straight into a ring of fire. However, the strong-willed youngster refused to get burnt. His determination was on show and pleased everybody who know this youngster has heart. The youngster's first official Colts innings was stuff of dreams. He helped his captain to his double century and kept the Greens in the field for longer than they wanted to be. He would be disapointed with his bowling returns, but should not be disheartened, there is a lot of promise in this youngster. 4/10

T. Bochat: Mr Bochat, like Shah was in the same ring of fire and also like Shah, showed he has the will and determination to succeed at this level. Although he obviously doesn't have the same ability as Shah to occupy the crease with the bat, he showed in the 2nd innings that if the Colts need quick runs he is more than capable of taking the long handle. He would be very pleased with his second innings bowling performance picking up two wickets, and one of those was an established batsman. Bochat should be pleased with his first outing. 4/10

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
It's not so much that I batted above my ability this game, more like I've been batting below it for the past 3 seasons. I've got a first class century to my name, I have. :laugh:

Classy write-ups though, Skip. Loved the ground soldier thing xD and the "Malone hits like a butterfly, I sting like a bee" had me rolling up. Good stuff.

edit: Looking forward to the Red game. This is where I need to put in a big performance, tbh. Really hoping to do well.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

It's not so much that I batted above my ability this game, more like I've been batting below it for the past 3 seasons. I've got a first class century to my name, I have. :laugh:

Classy write-ups though, Skip. Loved the ground soldier thing xD and the "Malone hits like a butterfly, I sting like a bee" had me rolling up. Good stuff.

edit: Looking forward to the Red game. This is where I need to put in a big performance, tbh. Really hoping to do well.
Haha mate. Sorry 'bout that one.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dont think i deserve 10/10 for that second game, sure i scored a good second innings century but its a bit of shame i couldnbt contribute more with the game on the line more so in the first innings...

Mister Wright

dont think i deserve 10/10 for that second game, sure i scored a good second innings century but its a bit of shame i couldnbt contribute more with the game on the line more so in the first innings...
Might have been a bit generous, but it was more a reflection on you being able to get to a three figure score.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Hmm, any chance to set a tone down more for the next innings, just for pratice? After seeing that 200 Towns makes, I fell my 243 is under threat!