• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
HAHAHAH

Town's remark that "he bats and he keeps when burke is out" was about Jaso to the new mr shaggy... and Jaso thought it was about the new mr shaggy to himself and got flustered he was now third in line .... har har, top shelf comedy right there.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Pretty quiet in the thread for what has historically been the Dev League's most active team - season's coming, lads! Let's hear some goals for Season XII.

My personal goal is to bring in two seamers to the squad as at the moment there will be occasions when it's likely we'll only have one genuine seamer in the squad. OD seaming in particular is an area of concern for myself, as Patrick did a job for us there last season alongside Kyle. Thomas will likely have opportunities to impress and I'm really hoping that he or one of the two additional rookies we'll (hopefully) bring in will step up to the plate and make a name for themselves. Kyle has always done a fantastic job with coaching seamers - as I'm sure we all know. As for my end with regards to coaching, it's great to have both youth and experience coming in this year. Not only will I be helping Shaggy, but I'll be learning from the highly experienced Buts and Fitzy, which personally is something I'm really, really looking forward to. I'm sure Kerr - and the rest of our batsmen - will also benefit from being amongst such talents. I'm also hoping we can someday see Burke return from his long-term leave of absence as I was genuinely looking forward to seeing him alongside Fitzy in opening the FC lineup. He had such a good offseason.

Goals
Find two quality seamers to add to the squad.
Assist Kerr with his rookie season to ensure he gets his opportunities.
Learn from Buts and Fitzy and, in turn, boost my personal performances.

Squad so far...

Batsmen
P Bharat (batswoman to be exact)
SJ Burke (keeper, on long term leave of absence)
CR Butler
AS Das
SG Fitzsimmons
S Jasotharan (keeper)
WA Kerr
JB Malthus-Howell
DP Towns

Spinners
JP McNamara
DK Rai (allrounder)
TV Weber (allrounder)

Seamers
NR Hancock (allrounder)
GM Thomas
MW Wilson (allrounder)
KS Wright (captain)
A Rookie (or maybe two)

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Well, my goals are
Score 1000 runs
Get 3 centuries
Break PB
Get into the CWXI
and make some big parthnerships with any one willing to join

Also to see Us get siliverware, I keep saying that, but this time, it'll happen!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
my goals...

stay in the team :laugh:
get wickets again
make sure I get in the CW A team again
bat well in the OD version.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Indeed, 8-11 months longer for those chaps. When Green started their thread, I was one of their more active posters at the time. :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For a while we had more posts than anyone else. Considering our thread was started about a year after everyone else's (I think), I think we, at least "have been" if not anymore, the most active team.

cbuts

International Debutant
my only real goal this season is to play a major role in bringing the championship to the Colts.

Majin

International Debutant
Just a quick Welcome to the club to Manan when he decides to wander in here. Good to have you at the Colts, bud.

Just don't put me in one of your angry news articles. Please. :ph34r: