• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPA Season 8 Awards

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
If it was best statistical performers then I would have been in the OD batsman awards.. with 1000 runs.. so clearly it's not (necessarily) :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bryce said:
quite strange how i wasn't nominated for the 5D bowling award since it says they were picked from the best statistical performers and IIRC i finished with 70 odd wickets @ 22 - doesn't bother me at all though because i know i wouldn't win the award
Greens dominated enough! :@

Good point though... ah well, at least YOU know you`re good! :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
quite strange how i wasn't nominated for the 5D bowling award since it says they were picked from the best statistical performers and IIRC i finished with 70 odd wickets @ 22 - doesn't bother me at all though because i know i wouldn't win the award
81 wickets makes you the 6th highest wicket-taker, but with a far better average than Wright and Kennett.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling Awards

And now we welcome Monde Zondeki to present the awards for outstanding achievement in bowling.

"After a tight race for the 5D Bowling Champion, it was down to two players - Rob Timewell and Sangrah Bhatia finished with just a 4-vote differential. The best 5D bowler of Season 8, as chosen by the players.... Rob Timewell!"

<Speech etc.>

"There was far more distance in the OD Bowling poll, with only 1 person voting for someone other than the eventual winner. By that overwhelming margin, the best OD bowler of Season 8 is... Nathan Hoy. It's a Green sweep!"

masterblaster

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And now we welcome Monde Zondeki to present the awards for outstanding achievement in bowling.

"After a tight race for the 5D Bowling Champion, it was down to two players - Rob Timewell and Sangrah Bhatia finished with just a 4-vote differential. The best 5D bowler of Season 8, as chosen by the players.... Rob Timewell!"

<Speech etc.>

"There was far more distance in the OD Bowling poll, with only 1 person voting for someone other than the eventual winner. By that overwhelming margin, the best OD bowler of Season 8 is... Nathan Hoy. It's a Green sweep!"
Congratulations to Rob and Nathan on winning the awards. Well deserved too :)

It was an honour to come in second place and be the runner up, and that just capped off a fantastic season I had personally.

Rob and Nathan, you were both revelations this year and you both really deserve this huge award.

Well done guys :)

Cheers,

Sangrah

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Congratulation to Rob, the most deserved winner of the FC MVB award. Both you and Bhatia had huge seasons and deserve any CW honours that come your way.

Also, i'm very happy to accept the OD MVB award, but every green member that played this season had a hand in my winning of this award, after the turmoil at the start of the season we stuck together well to appear in all three trophy finals and win the FC and OD championship. And hopefully it will allow a few of us to be selected in the 'A' tour that starts soon.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
I reckon... Sean! :@
:-O That's nowhere near. I've found the real answer:

Liam said:
When was the last time Monde Zondeki posted on here? :happy:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
steds said:
When was the last time Monde Zondeki posted on here? :happy:
You must have him on the ignore list. Either that or you`re crazy. CRAZY!

*has fit and dies*