• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (End of Season 8)

Loony BoB

International Captain
As with last time, let me know if you would like to be involved in the end-of-season charity matches. I'll decide on the layout of the charity matches depending on how many people sign up for them. It's quite likely it will be a short OD series between 2-4 teams.

Also, there will also bet the CW Batting XI vs CW Bowling XI based on batting and bowling rating at the end of the FC season (not including the final). I'm thinking I might also do a bat vs. bowl for the OD too.

For those who weren't around last time, charity matches are played at the end of the season and include players from all four CW teams playing alongside each other. Neil opening the batting is a particular highlight for myself. :D The scores achieved in the charity matches do not affect your OD / FC stats in any way.

Charity matches are expected to begin on the 25th so hopefully we can get a lot of players putting their hands up by then!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just a small point, but shouldn't the Bar be asked for its sponsorship first?

Our charity budget is falling owing to a lack of customers.

PY

International Coach
I'm up for it.

'Specially as I'd have to dust off the pyjamas as I haven't played OD for a season. :D

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I will be making myself unavailable for the matches, I will be having a rest period before hopefully taking up a contract in Australia again...

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Just a small point, but shouldn't the Bar be asked for its sponsorship first?

Our charity budget is falling owing to a lack of customers.
Sorry, 'twas copy/pasted from last season. :p My bad. Can CW Bar be sponsoring these? If not, can Liam or someone edit the thread title... cheers. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
I will be making myself unavailable for the matches, I will be having a rest period before hopefully taking up a contract in Australia again...
I'm guessing you're going off to India with the tour squad anyway. Think the tour to India starts right after the season ends.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'm guessing you're going off to India with the tour squad anyway. Think the tour to India starts right after the season ends.
Would be disappointing to not have the top players in the Best of Batsmen vs. Best of Bowlers - not sure on how things are scheduled though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Would be disappointing to not have the top players in the Best of Batsmen vs. Best of Bowlers - not sure on how things are scheduled though.
Think charity matches are first, and then the tour to India starts. Just pointing out to Blewy that a stint in Australia is unlikely.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Anyone who wants to play a charity match will very likely play in at least one of them, that's for sure. :) Well, provided they're available for selection (ie not injured etc).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
Sorry, 'twas copy/pasted from last season. :p My bad. Can CW Bar be sponsoring these? If not, can Liam or someone edit the thread title... cheers. :)

With the gig that Liam has secured, we now have the financial backing.

However the CW Bar wish to play a more integral role in the thing this year - more to be announced soon, after discussions have taken place...