• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (End of Season 8)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Had a good time last season, will be available for this season.

Also I'll be bowling Left Arm Chinaman in the name of a good time for charity.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Marc's confirmed he'll be playing, so we've already reached the 32 players we had last season and now it looks like we're going for more! I would love to get to 48 players (and a few in reserve in case of injury) if possible, of course I won't get too far ahead of myself. ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you think I could possibly roll the arm over, bowling Left Arm Orthodox? In addition to batting left handed?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm not too sure on how easily Liam and Marc can adjust the sims and whatnot, but I'm sure any differences to how people will be bowling/batting can be sorted out... as for who bats and who bowls, that's entirely up to the captains. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
The following matches are likely to be scheduled for the charity matches...

1. Charity OD Series (Between two and six games depending on players and time made available)
2. Batting XI vs. Bowling XI - OD Match
3. Batting XI vs. Bowling XI - 5D Match
4. CW Bar XI vs. Dev League XI - 5D Match

All teams are yet to be confirmed.

The CW Bar XI will be selected and captained by Marc Robbins and the Dev League XI will be selected and captained by Daniel Towns (me).

The Batting and Bowling XI's will be selected based on end-of-season ratings/statistics from Season 8 of the Dev League. Should be interesting to see how Mike Wilson and Bryce Cunningham work out as both are contending for a spot on both Batting XI and Bowling XI teams in the 5D match!

Rumour has it some bookies have already closed up for bets on the Batting XI to win both games, repeating their performance from last season's charity 5D match.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
looking forward to this years series. last year i played quite well in them and wanna do my bit for charity again

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
In a change of heart, CW XI skipper Brendon Goff has decided to make himself available for all Charity matches...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Do you think I could possibly roll the arm over, bowling Left Arm Orthodox? In addition to batting left handed?
Yeh me too. I want my bowling to be changed to Left Medium bowler. It's probably more Medium-Fast, but that would be too allrounderish.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd also like to announce that the Dev League XI team that will be playing the CW Bar XI will be made up of Dev League players who have both never played a test for the CW XI and have no central or secondary contract with the CWBCC. It will include the best of the best of those players who fit this category... and also myself. :p

The players being looked at are as follows...

A Blackman (CW Black)
A Feeney (CW Green)
A Lezama (CW Green)
AAA Collins (CW Blue)
BC Cunningham (CW Green)
CP Thompson (CW Black)
DA Kearsley (CW Black)
DP Richards (CW Black)
DP Towns (CW Green)
DY Dubb-Lynch (CW Black)
GKK Dobson (CW Red)
MW DeSilva (CW Blue)
MW Wilson (CW Black)
NA Borcich (CW Red)
NJ Rose (CW Green)
NS Hoy (CW Green)
RJ Dauth (CW Red)
SA Bennett (CW Red)
SE Fuller (CW Blue)
TJ Demeza (CW Blue)
TN Weber (CW Green)

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wow only three players from the reds. sounds like some dodgy selection there :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
andyc said:
wow only three players from the reds. sounds like some dodgy selection there :p
Almost all the players that have done well in Reds are contracted and/or have played tests, that's the problem! :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
The Batting and Bowling XI's will be selected based on end-of-season ratings/statistics from Season 8 of the Dev League. Should be interesting to see how Mike Wilson and Bryce Cunningham work out as both are contending for a spot on both Batting XI and Bowling XI teams in the 5D match!
I'd say it would be best to pick someone for the team they did best in. So, if someone was the 5th best bowler and the 10th best batsman they would be on the bowlers side, and vice-versa. So, Cunningham would be a bowler and Wilson would be a batsman. Also, will it be done on average, or runs/wickets?

If it's runs, you wouldn't even have to change the batting order for the batting side, the top two are both openers. ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Last year for 5D it was taken straight from the ratings at the end of the season, however you can't really do that in OD as there is no specific rating system outside pure stats. I'll probably go by a mixture of runs scored and average, probably doing something like taking the top 11 batsmen by runs and then top 11 by average and then figuring out which players rate better on average of those two stats, eg if a player rates 8th for runs scored and 9th for average, I'd give them an 8.5, and so on. The players with the lowest ratings will then go through... same for wickets and bowling averages for the Bowling XI.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
I'd also like to announce that the Dev League XI team that will be playing the CW Bar XI will be made up of Dev League players who have both never played a test for the CW XI and have no central or secondary contract with the CWBCC. It will include the best of the best of those players who fit this category... and also myself. :p

The players being looked at are as follows...

A Blackman (CW Black)
A Feeney (CW Green)
A Lezama (CW Green)
AAA Collins (CW Blue)
BC Cunningham (CW Green)
CP Thompson (CW Black)
DA Kearsley (CW Black)
DP Richards (CW Black)
DP Towns (CW Green)
DY Dubb-Lynch (CW Black)
GKK Dobson (CW Red)
MW DeSilva (CW Blue)
MW Wilson (CW Black)
NA Borcich (CW Red)
NJ Rose (CW Green)
NS Hoy (CW Green)
RJ Dauth (CW Red)
SE Fuller (CW Blue)
TJ Demeza (CW Blue)
TN Weber (CW Green)
its TV Weber ;) for the rest..cool to be in the list :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
Where the hell am I getting TN Weber from? :( I even just updated the OD stats page with the correct initials today... crazy! Oh well. I must have known a TN Weber in another life... :p