• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mid-Season Trade Discussion

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also how can you call anyone mediocre who has represented the CWXI in both Tests and ODI's...
hmm i have and i'm well..... you know... not very good....

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Robertinho, i suggest you get all your facts right before you start making "left field" comments on something you know nothing about...

Bugs was traded twice without his knowledge, so how can he be called a traitor???

Also how can you call anyone mediocre who has represented the CWXI in both Tests and ODI's...

Especially considering you've done nothing in CW as yet.. and comments about Senior players wont help your cause...
Okay firstly, I suggest you get all your facts right. Re-read my initial post. All I wrote, was one word, with a smiley face. Ok ok, I can see how this can be interpreted as a fully fledged accusation.. well no I can't. However I can see how it could be interpreted (correctly) as light-hearted, meaningless banter.

Secondly, his selection in the CW XI side (could, and apparently so) have no relation to his domestic performance. Okay, he deserves his spot in the ODI side (if the stats he has posted are correct), but 755 runs @ 26.03 and 5 wickets @ 56.80 for the Reds last season - is there anyone here who would honestly rate this as good? Above average? Anything better than mediocre? Well there you go.

And lastly, I don't mind if my comments are misinterpreted by people, I can't do anything about it.

(Re-reading this post, I could see how some people could interpret it as an attack on bugssy, but no, I'm simply responding to criticism, and backing up my comments.)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Well as far as i can see the only smiley there is the :(

Now if you were joking as you say, then most people use the :p or the ;) smiley...

You have basically come out and accused a foundation member of being a traitor...
Now for me that is one way to find yourself on the outer immediatley...

Your telling me to get my facts right, my facts are right there in front of me, you calling him a traitor is incorrect whether it be banter or not...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Now if you were joking as you say, then most people use the :p or the ;) smiley...
Well there you go, "most people". Not everybody. I honesly don't think anyone who uses the :( smiley is actually being serious. Look at it.. honestly...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Well there you go, "most people". Not everybody. I honesly don't think anyone who uses the :( smiley is actually being serious. Look at it.. honestly...
Blewy is right. :( is a serious smiley, and I don't know many people who don't use it in a serious way. How long have you been using chat or using the forums? If you use :(, it means you're sad / disappointed. If you were to use :( ;) or :( :p then maybe we'd see that you're joking, but overall it's basic netiquette to use :p or ;) when you're joking. Maybe even :D. But not really :(, unless the person you're using it with knows you fairly well and you know they would know it's a joke.

You learn something new every day, eh? ;)

EDIT: I had to disable smilies for this post because it had too many of them. :p So just pretend they're the images they should be. ;)

Dydl

International Debutant
Travis_Teh said:
Maybe I misunderstood the topic of this thread, but I swear it read "Mid-Season Trade Discussion"......

I have to agree with you. Maybe they should discuss it somewhere else.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Blewy is right. is a serious smiley, and I don't know many people who don't use it in a serious way. How long have you been using chat or using the forums? If you use , it means you're sad / disappointed. If you were to use or :p then maybe we'd see that you're joking, but overall it's basic netiquette to use :p or when you're joking. Maybe even :D. But not really :(, unless the person you're using it with knows you fairly well and you know they would know it's a joke.

You learn something new every day, eh? ;)

EDIT: I had to disable smilies for this post because it had too many of them. :p So just pretend they're the images they should be. ;)
Well I have been on other forums where people use :( excessively, and it certainly isn't because they're depressed. Obviously that poor innocent smiley has struck a nerve - I'll leave it at that. And yes, sorry to have messed this thread up. Back to the topic --->

I wonder if any trades will actually be made.. :-O

Dydl

International Debutant
They might have been. If some people (looks at Robertinho :p ;) ) hadn't started debating.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
Maybe Robertinho will be in the first trade.. because his captain wont want him in his team... :p
Hell, If I were captain, I would keep him, hes ripping it up for the Reds.