• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weber wants out of green

Loony BoB

International Captain
Weber, I would urge you to email me at Loony_BoB@yahoo.com so you can discuss your issues with myself as not only a neutral vice captain but also as someone who will take on your thoughts and reasons and talk to Age about them upon his return. Let me know as much as you can and I'll do my best to sort everything out in the best way possible for CW Green.

I would also appreciate it if players outside CW Green would do their best to ensure our solidarity rather than luring players to their own teams, as fellow captains I'm sure they understand that such issues are best looked into internally before they are looked into externally. So far I've not had a chance to contact Weber at all, as I don't know his email - speaking of which, if Liam could email me the emails for Weber, Craig and Bryce that would be great, thanks. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 in Shock Quote

Cricket Web Green Keeper JR Gray otherwise known as Jamee999 has been heard and recorded through his apartmant floor to have made the following unoffical comment when he heard the news "If he's a keeper...yay!"

No comment as of yet from Mr.Gray

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
I would also appreciate it if players outside CW Green would do their best to ensure our solidarity rather than luring players to their own teams, as fellow captains I'm sure they understand that such issues are best looked into internally before they are looked into externally.
Unfortunately no can do - after the way the Reds were treated last year, it's only fair that we do the same back.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I for one never chose to get involved, and as far as I know neither did any other Green team players from the moment it was requested for non-Reds to stay out of the issues you had. However if you wish to disrespect the wishes of a person who respected the wishes of your own team last season, then so be it. :p That's politics, I suppose.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There were plenty of attempts made to cash in on the situation last season, so I shall just adopt a similar tactic.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Well, after talking to Weber recently, everything looks to be good for now so hopefully it'll stay that way. :) Proud to have the lone Dutchman in the mean Green machine! :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
My concern is the captains lack of concern for the opinions of the senior players... If it wasn't for Daniel aka Loony Bob i reckon i'd still be in the dark...

I feel that being a senior player and Skipper of the CW XI i should be at least consulted over these issues yet it seems as though age wants to do it all himself...

I am a green, However i am open to offers... If other teams are interested i will listen...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
My concern is the captains lack of concern for the opinions of the senior players... If it wasn't for Daniel aka Loony Bob i reckon i'd still be in the dark...

I feel that being a senior player and Skipper of the CW XI i should be at least consulted over these issues yet it seems as though age wants to do it all himself...

I am a green, However i am open to offers... If other teams are interested i will listen...
apparently under age's dictatorship, u have no say in who u play for anyway...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
It's not a dictatorship.Garven himself conatcted me and asked my views on the "problems" in the team right now, being a senior player and all.You can't just make assumptions like that.I give him my full backing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'd like to request that all CW Blue players refrain from commenting on the strifes of other teams. Please don't encourage the disharmony. We aim for good sportsmanship.

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd like to request that all CW Blue players refrain from commenting on the strifes of other teams. Please don't encourage the disharmony. We aim for good sportsmanship.
sorry... :(

Loony BoB

International Captain
Cheers Liam.

Blewy, I'm always all ears to your opinion. I understand that you were not consulted until I had contacted you in the early days but please remember that most of the occurances in the early times happened in the space of around two days, and during these days Age talked to any Greens player he saw on MSN - unfortunately it seems you never were online at the times he was, but he did talk to me about contacting you so rest assured it's quite likely he'd have done so before any trade was made.

As always, I urge players in Green to contact myself or Age (upon his return) before going public seeking offers from other teams. If players have serious problems with how things are being done, then this needs to be looked into internally rather than externally. The other captains will not fix any problems at Green should there be any.

I'm very concerned with how no person has come to me without me coming to them first, and they have all instead posted on the forums before even mentioning anything to me at all. I'm here to help and to listen and to resolve issues and find solutions to problems. While I don't have the power Age has, I will make sure every opinion and every thought is made known to him and I will make sure I give a strong case to him for any changes that might need to be made.

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
In the wake of the recent controversy, I must make my prescence known.

I knew both Garven and Weber growing up, and must say that these are two of the most insincere characters I have ever had the displeasure of listening to. I think they should both be dropped and any further comments from this pair should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Loony BoB

International Captain
You knew both of them as they grew up? Even though one is in the Netherlands and one is in Australia, and as far as I know they've only been online over the past four years? :o Or did Weber once live in Aussie?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha no way! :P tho i know eddy for a while :( jk:P and knowing eddy for a while..he's making a joke :D

Simon

kwek said:
haha no way! :P tho i know eddy for a while :( jk:P and knowing eddy for a while..he's making a joke :D
ive read that 4 times and it still doesnt make any sense...