• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

masterblaster

International Captain
I just noticed Superkingdave having CW Vice Captain on his signature, have I been removed as Vice Captain?

It'd be good if Neil could let me know.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Apologies for not telling you direct, you weren't online at the time and it just slipped my mind.

Like Dave says, the only reason I've made the change is because I don't want there to be a need for a third-choice skipper when you make the breakthrough into the Test side.

That's the same reason neither Chaulk nor Butler were considered.

masterblaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Apologies for not telling you direct, you weren't online at the time and it just slipped my mind.

Like Dave says, the only reason I've made the change is because I don't want there to be a need for a third-choice skipper when you make the breakthrough into the Test side.

That's the same reason neither Chaulk nor Butler were considered.
No problems mate, it's best for the CW Black and what's best for the team is what's best for me.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well we some pretty decent practise matches with some good performances by us younger players. Looks pretty good for the season.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, two games in, four openers tried, and still no sign of a solution to who goes in at the top of the order. Kears seems to enjoy the middle order more, whilst Ferd and Buts both struggled.

Mike scored a cracking ton against Bangladesh, but the speed of his scoring (similarly to Mohammad and especially Thompson) also concerns me as to the likelihood of consistency.

I'm tempted to keep Mike at the top of the order (possibly tying in to a little less aggressive approach if he's up for it?), but I'm still well unsure of the second man. Maybe Alex Blackman, or even trying Dave Richards? Thoughts?
yeh im happy to stay as opener, but possibly push me down the order to 4 or 5 for the 1 dayers but if i have to stay opener for team balance i will.
So far a pretty good set of results cant wait for the season too start.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good win guys, im fairly happy with my debut. more than a run a ball fifty but dissapointed about my bowling. :lol: my strike rate is around 120 :) but i cant be bothered calculating it

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm i think i should open or 3-4 for the one dayers 8-) with my excellent strike rate

59 off 52
13 of 8

:D