• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regarding Dev League Season 8. I won't say when it will begin, but I will start the preparations from now so as to be settled by the time it does.
With that in mind, two questions and a request...

What do you folks think the new expansion team's colour should be?
Should teams be affiliated in some form so that players may be freely transferred in case of excessive callups or injury?

The request...

I'll be needing some help with next season's goingson. Not with actually simming matches, as Reuben would help with that if necessary, but rather with stats tracking. Anyone willing? Apply within.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Stats tracking? Yeah, got a good spreadsheet for that. Just need to tweak it a bit for ITC, but I'm sure that won't take too long.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Purple. :)

Should teams be affiliated in some form so that players may be freely transferred in case of excessive callups or injury?
no

I'll be needing some help with next season's goingson. with stats tracking. Anyone willing? Apply within.
no...I said no...maybe...ok, ok. If you insist. Yes :p :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Orange Dutch team colour!! come on dudes!

no, dont thinkso

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Purple definitely!!! or Maroon or Magenta, or we could wear khaki!!!

"Should teams be affiliated in some form so that players may be freely transferred in case of excessive callups or injury?"

Nah

And as for the help... well I'm not good at spreasheets.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web Pink
Cricket Web White
Cricket Web Rainbow

*Offers to captain the first team*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Orange probably best there aren't any good colours left, maybe we should change the naming system....
That too is an option I've considered. Suggestions for a new system?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Creatures (Lions, Panthers, Tigers, Sharks, Pumas, etc)

Natural Disasters(Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Cyclones)

Legends

Ill think of some

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Continents/countries? (i.e. Europe, NZ, Australia, India, Newcomers) Might be a bit hard to get even teams, though...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
towns in northern England
Reds would be St. Helens, obviously, because we're the best
Blacks would be Cleethorpes in honour of their leader, Neil Pickup
Green would be Carlisle for no reason at all
Blue would be Leeds because nobody likes them :p
And the new team could be whoever they wanted

what do you think? :p

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

colours: yellow, brown, white, grey, orange, purple

affiliation: transfers should be allowed, but at the discression of management and the captains.

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Purple sounds awesome!!!!

As for interclub transfer, as long as it is very minimal. And like only if one team has 10 players left and another team has surplus to requirements.

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
CW White sounds ok or a new naming system although I don't have any ideas about that one.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Ferd said:
CW White sounds ok or a new naming system although I don't have any ideas about that one.
Pretty boring IMO. Play your FC games in whites, and guess what, oh dear, play your 1D games in white.

As has been mentioned, Orange wouldnt be bad. Or Maroon? Was just thinking of the QLD outdfit, not a bad colour, names a bit poor.

Age - Grey would be totally out of the equasion I'd imagen, with Grey being the CW XI's colours.

Am able to help with stats tracking Liam.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
as much as i understand the whole thing with wanting a new team with newbies and a few stronger leaders... i like the current format. as long as the teams are equal in strength (as in, not one team has 6 CWXI players and another has 0) than i dont see a huge problem. if absolutely neccesary, players could play for another club (if that club had say 10 people).

for the beginning of the season, teams should remain about the same. but i think trading with other clubs, adding newbies to the clubs and moving some people to the new CW team (Orange all the way) is needed.