• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (Season 7/8)

Loony BoB

International Captain
The CW Bar Charity OD Tournament and CW Bar Batting XI vs. Bowling XI 5D Match

Note for the captains: Going by the previous thread on these charity matches, Mr Mxyzptlk and ash chaulk have already put their hands up to be 12th man for a game each if required (Mr Mxyzptlk can only be 12th man during the game which he is in the team and age is captaining). If anyone else is willing to volunteer themselves for 12th man for one game they're free to do so , however it's obviously up to the captain to decide in the end.

If the captains could send Liam the usual information for each game so that the simming can go ahead, that would be great. I understand that he can start simming as early as Thursday and Sunday (I think) at the latest, so the sooner the better, guys! One game will be simmed each day over a five day period.

Any questions?

Oh, and if anyone wants to come up with better team names than Squad A and Squad B, that's fine by me. :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I assume these games are lighthearted in nature and about everyone having a go?
Hell yeah! That's actually exactly why I made 'em. :) To have fun and play with people we don't often play with, and for everyone to get a good couple of games. The whole thing is friendly. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oh, yeah, if anyone can let me know if Peter will be around anytime soon for captaincy reasons, that'd be great - if he isn't, I don't know the rest of the (starting) team well enough to know who should be captain.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Oh, yeah, if anyone can let me know if Peter will be around anytime soon for captaincy reasons, that'd be great - if he isn't, I don't know the rest of the (starting) team well enough to know who should be captain.
Pete usually comes on in internet cafes, so probably not a good idea...Slats (Ian) and Cloete have captained sides before at least. Otherwise Broncoman, cbuts and me are probably the ones who are most involved...

Edit: I can be 12th man, btw :)

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Anyway, on to the first games, if the captains can send the info on to Liam asap that would be great. :) marc and age are up for the first match! I'm not sure how many games ahead you guys usually plan, but with these four OD's you might be best to plan all the teams from the start (and pray for no injuries), if you aren't on every day... but I'm sure you guys would have a better idea of how things work than I would, so I'll leave it up to you from here on in!

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wickets fell left right and center on the first OD of this four match charity series, with only six players making it into double figures, four of those six belonging to Squad B - however, despite the efforts of Master Blaster, Marc and a strong fightback by Rose and ash chaulk for the ninth wicket which frustrated the Squad A bowlers, it was Age Master and Ian Markus of Squad A who secured a win with an incredible 223 run partnership for the second wicket, more runs than the entire of Squad B.

The innings ended with the partnership, though - the last eight of the nine wickets to fall went for just 58 runs - only 37 runs were put on the board between the other nine members in the team, Andre and Nath Patrick the men not out.

In the true spirit of giving everyone a go, every non-keeping player was given a chance with the ball, the pick of them being Broncoman. He more than made up for his short stay at the crease with four wickets in his six overs, even more impressive as he only conceded 20 runs. For Squad A, Patrick and Dave showed their worth with two wickets a piece, each bowling eight influential overs and both finishing with an economy rate of just 2.5.

Some players from Squad B didn't seem to mind much at their loss, noting that "Ish okay mate, we wonza drunking compizishun anyway, ay?" Spectators report that drinking competitions at the CW Bar after each innings were spontaneous but definitely helped boost the charity money, although it is possible it may have, er, influenced the second innings for some players.

Man of the Match: Age Master

Attachments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol great game fella's, very enjoyable, great partnership between myself and Ian, shame noone else got runs, i thought you guys were strong enough to handle pre game drinks :p

hope the charity enjoys its new found wealth :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't want to be 12th man for any of the games. I'm going to be the idiot who takes the game seriously and gives everyone send offs even when I don't get the wicket. Then I'm going to bat like my career depended on it and mince words with the bowlers. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster said:
Wow, I was opening the batting.....didn't expect that one.
It's all fun - we approached the game in that effect (hence Bronco starred with the ball and Ash was batting 9)

Will continue to employ guest openers for the other games - in fact I doubt we'll have the same player open more than once.

I trust Team A will do a similar and bat their 2 run scorers in the lower middle order next game.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I trust Team A will do a similar and bat their 2 run scorers in the lower middle order next game.

i was thinking reverse order for my final game as captain, with the slight required team changes ofcourse