• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (Season 7/8)

Loony BoB

International Captain
The charity match Batting XI is included in the link on the first page. :) As for what he needs to do, I assume it's sending all that detail that captains usually send to Liam, ie who bowls when, who bats where and so on...

Neil's XI was indeed for the final OD.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ian Markus took Man of the Series for the Charity OD's with a beautiful display of batting skills against the much feared bowling attack of Squad B, making an unbeaten 127 off just 114 balls including fifteen boundaries as he took Squad A to a 3-1 victory in the four match OD series. Ian had already struck 50 in his previous two innings, finishing the series with an average of 147.4 and a stack of 295 runs, over double that of any other player. Other players to reach 100 runs were Age Master (also averaging over 100), Sudeep, Ash Chaulk and Loony BoB. Two of those players, Loony BoB and Sudeep, also added a half century to their charity stats, with Sudeep supporting Ian with a solid 68 (66 balls) and BoB managing 71 off 64 balls, finishing up as the only batsman from Squad B to pass 50 in the entire series after Bugssy was stranded on 49* in a previous game.

Ash Chaulk had a good day with the gloves, managing two catches off the bowling of Paid the Umpire along with a quick stumping to dispose of David Kearsley for 47 runs. Half century hitters Sudeep and BoB also managed to make a mark with the ball, BoB catching Sudeep out from his own bowling and Sudeep the leading bowler in the game with three wickets.

But, as the saying goes, charity was the real winner in this OD series with an astonishing £400,000 reported to have been raised.

Man of the Match: Ian Markus
Man of the Series: Ian Markus

Attachments

Cloete

International Captain
ok when do I send bowling orders and batting orders and stuff? And where do I send them to?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think my series average of 2.33 would have been a bit of a concern if i wasnt playing every game drunk and batting left handed...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
ok when do I send bowling orders and batting orders and stuff? And where do I send them to?
It's already been simmed with your original batting order. Just not posted yet.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oh, crap, I could have sworn I'd posted this. :( Sorry guys. Here we go:

Six wickets by Bowler's XI captain Neil Pickpu just wasn't enough as the top batsmen of CricketWeb's Dev League showed their counterparts how it was done as they won by an innings and 43 runs. However, not a single batsman managed to make a century against the extremely high quality bowling attack, with Craig, who had earlier scored 1000 runs in the inaugral CW 25Smash season, pushed his way to 93 off 182 balls. Three of his teammates - Broncoman, Eclipse and StUEy - also managed to break 50, with Cloete being caught lbw by Halsey while he was on 49.

Rose, Kennett and Halsey also picked up wickets for the bowling team as Nathan Patrick took on the role of keeper-batsman, making 63 runs from 207 balls in his first innings and then going on to catch Ian Markus and Jason Toogood off the bowling of Rose and Pickup respectively. Master Blaster also managed 50 in his second innings.

For the batsmen who bowled, few took wickets - cbuts ended with seven to his name, Toogood next in line with five, Markus took two and Broncoman took one. However, it was poor old David Kennett who ended taking up the most punishment from his teammates back in the pavillion as he was caught by Jagaways on seven runs - the bowler? Samuel Vimes!

Man of the Match: Tie - Neil Pickup (six wickets in one innings - and a pair), C Buts (seven wickets in the match, including the two opening "batsmen", both for ducks in the CW Bowlers XI's 2nd innings) and Craig (93 runs).

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Ahhh, Funny stuff

I'd like to point out my 7 off 78 balls and my even more impressive 18* off 123 balls excited the crowd no end :P