• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Bar Charity Matches (Season 7/8)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
and Age Master, centurion from the last match, played the bowler's part for this match with his full ten overs going at a respectable 3.4 an over.
very skillful 10 overs it was too. really wanted the prize scalp of pickup though :(

Loony BoB said:
a pie-eating competition on the cards for the next OD.
definatley up for that cause i wont have to try and run around after :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
Any reason y i didnt play?? im guessing its a rotation thing. lol
Yup, everyone will 'miss' at least one game due to the amount of players involved. But it's set so that everyone will play as many as possible using a group rotation system so it's all good.

Loony BoB

International Captain
One of the last two games you was the 'game off' for your group and in the other you were selected as 12th man, which means you'll be playing in both of the two last games as each player can only be selected as 12th man once. In these charity matches, 12th man goes to someone who has played a lot of cricket already rather than the person least needed in the team as we're trying to get extra game-time for all the people who haven't been able to play as many games. But yeah, don't worry, you'll be starring in both the 3rd and 4th OD's. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
One of the last two games you was the 'game off' for your group and in the other you were selected as 12th man, which means you'll be playing in both of the two last games as each player can only be selected as 12th man once. In these charity matches, 12th man goes to someone who has played a lot of cricket already rather than the person least needed in the team as we're trying to get extra game-time for all the people who haven't been able to play as many games. But yeah, don't worry, you'll be starring in both the 3rd and 4th OD's. :)

no probs i was just asking

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Dont take it personally Loony, Its just Bugs whinging at his finest ;)

i am not ****ing whinging , i was just asking why i was not in any games.... thats fine looney i retire from the charity matches, i have been offered a commentry job with richie so i will sit up there and cover the games.......

Loony BoB

International Captain
You're scheduled to play the games, the charity needs ya! :p I'm not accusing you of anything, I'd like to play a couple of games with you yet. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
bugssy said:
i am not ****ing whinging , i was just asking why i was not in any games.... thats fine looney i retire from the charity matches, i have been offered a commentry job with richie so i will sit up there and cover the games.......
Special.

Loony BoB

International Captain
A reportedly flat pitch at the CW Oval ended up with 19 wickets falling in the 3rd OD of the charity match series. The competition was a lot closer than the scores suggest, but in the end it was a lack of any big innings for B that inevitably let them down, with C Buts and Ash Chaulk top scoring at 49 each, not good enough to match the 53 of Mr Mxyzptlk and the 69 of pie-eating competition winner Ian Markus.

The day wasn't without a touch of controversy, though, as a stoned third umpire fell asleep on the job, accidentally hitting the red button after Rose ran to a dead end, camera blocked out by the buttocks of Ian Markus. Earlier in the day, Rose had taken five wickets for 41 runs in his seven overs. The biggest surprise in the bowling today was Ash Chaulk, the CW Black wicketkeeper having left the glovework to Jamee999 in order to get a shot at bowling out a few of his mates. While he didn't manage to finish up with any scalps, he did leave with only 22 runs from his five overs.

David Kearsley left the grounds grinning, having picked up the key wicket of his CW Black captain, opening batsman Neil Pickup, for just 4 runs. The wickets were shared out between the bowlers of Squad A, with two wickets going to each of Ferd, Nath Patrick and Nathan Hoy, whilst Dave and Majin also took one each.

Man of the Match: Ian Markus (brilliant pie-eating, batting wasn't too bad either).

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
great stuff team, keep up the fun fellaz :) more than happy with my bowling and batting