• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*MVP Vote*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vote for the MVP for each type of cricket this season. Note that the MVP is the player who meant the most to his team and not necessarily the best player.

Please place your top 3 votes in order of preference with a reason:
1. Mr X (He scored 50 hundreds this season)
2. Mr Y (He scored 49 hundreds this season)
3. Mr Z (He was a great waterboy)

Nominees (as picked by the CW captains):

5D
Nathan Hoy (LHB/RF)
667 runs @ 21.52
3x50; HS: 71*
74 wickets @ 22.43
3x5w; BB: 5/44

Nath Patrick (RHB/RFM)
116 runs @ 5.52
95 wickets @ 28.35
5x5w; BB: 7/116

Ash Chaulk (RHB/WK)
937 runs @ 37.48
3x50, 2x100; HS: 145
48 ct

Samuel Vimes (RHB/WK)
1503 runs @ 35.79
11x50, 1x100; HS: 161
61 ct

David Kennett (RHB/RFM)
31 runs @ 2.38
82 wickets @ 21.07
6x5w; BB: 7/38

Dave (RHB/RF)
307 runs @ 9.59
89 wickets @ 25.82
3x5w, 1x10w; BB: 5/35

Neil Pickup (RHB/LS)
15 runs @ 0.75
77 wickets @ 25.08
5x5w; BB: 6/37

C Buts (LHB/RM)
1354 runs @ 38.69
10x50, 2x100; HS: 160

Sudeep (RHB/LS)
620 runs @ 29.52
4x50; HS: 86*
34 wickets @ 24.91
3x5w; BB: 7/39

Cloete (RHB/LS)
1766 runs @ 56.97
9x50, 7x100; HS: 166
3 wickets @ 36.00
BB: 1/8
8x50; HS: 97
SR: 103.09
5 wickets @ 48.80
BB: 3/17
Econ: 5.36

A Massive Zebra (LHB/SLA)
19 runs @ 4.75
32 wickets @ 17.75
2x4w, 1x5w; BB: 5/28
Econ: 4.77

Zaid Ghansar (RHB/RFM)
634 runs @ 52.83
6x50; HS: 82
SR: 79.45
19 wickets @ 26.11
BB: 3/17
Econ: 4.61

Tom Halsey (RHB/LS)
81 runs @ 11.57
34 wickets @ 19.53
2x4w; BB: 4/33
Econ: 4.44

Dylan Jellett (RHB/WK)
509 runs @ 42.42
3x50; HS: 59
SR: 69.63
13 ct, 2 st

Nathan Hoy (LHB/RF)
137 runs @ 17.13
34 wickets @ 18.38
2x5w; BB: 6/30
Econ: 4.30

Blewy (RHB/RM)
689 runs @ 49.81
6x50, 1x100; HS: 129
2 wickets @ 33.00
BB: 1/12
Econ: 6.00

Loony Bob (RHB/OS)
579 runs @ 38.60
3x50; HS: 64*
SR: 70.10

BK Smith (RHB/RMF)
952 runs @ 50.11
7x50, 2x100; HS: 123
SR: 89.06

C Buts (LHB/RFM)
688 runs @ 45.87
7x50; HS: 82
SR: 88.32
7 wickets @ 26.86
BB: 2/32
Econ: 4.95

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
5day
1. Cloete - scores more than Wayne Rooney in a br***el
2. Nathan Hoy - all round skills, not bad at cricket either
3. Neil Pickup, sheer weight of runs

1day
1. Nathan Hoy - tighter than....something very tight :p
2. BK Smith - as Lisa Stansfield once said, nothing compares to you.
3. Zaid Ghansar - above average.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
5D
1. Sudeep - the find of the season IMO. He took command with the ball and bat in crucial situations and proved a top matchwinner for Blue.
2. Samuel Vimes - the rock for a team that struggled largely in 5D.
3. C Buts - filled several roles in CW Black when required. Averaged over 50 for most of the season.

OD
1. Loony Bob - for Green he was a Bevanesque influence. His middle order batting was outstanding under pressure.
2. Zaid Ghansar - superb allround cricket to assist Red in what was a mixed OD season.
3. A Massive Zebra - his bursts of wickets won matches from unlikely positions.

Sudeep

International Captain
5D:

1. Nath Patrick - Highest wicket-taker for us, bowled us to many a wins.
2. Cloete - Prolific run scoring.
3. Myself - Runs at almost 30, wickets at 24 - more importantly, some 4-5 victories in close situations. Why not? 8-)

OD:

1. Zaid Ghansar - Amazing all-round performance.
2. Tom Halsey - 34 wickets at 19, with an economy of 4.44, just brilliant!
3. BK Smith - Ditto Cloete in 5D, prolific scoring.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
FC:

1st: Nathan Hoy - Great allround season.
2nd: Cloete - Lots of runs gets my vote. :)
3rd: Neil Pickup - The best from the mighty BLACKS.

OD:

1st: Zaid Ghansar - A lot or runs and chipped in with ball.
2nd: BK Smith - Prolific run scorer.
3rd: Nathan Hoy - Great bowling performances which won alot of matches.

ash chaulk

International Captain
5Day

1. Cloete 9 50's 7 100's... plus he gave me 1billion dollars shhh
2. David Kennett 7/38 woah and then 21 avg
3. Samuel Vimes over 1500runs plus keeping for all those inningses

honourable mention Neil Pickup for his 0.75 batting avg. HA

OD

1. BK Smith - Lots of runs
2. C Buts - Not as many but lots of runs
3. Zaid Ghansar - Huge allround performance

Honourable mention DJellet - 2 stumpings in a season with not many well that i remember of

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
5D
1. Cloete - Run scoring machine....nuff said.
2. Vimes - Held down his end time after time in a great season.
3. Dave Kennet - Great effort to get 82 wickets at an average of 21.

1D
1. Zaid Ghansar - Done everything, great season.
2. BK Smith - Run scoring machine.
3. Loony Bob - Held our innings together in many a game.

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
5D
1. Nathan Hoy - Huge all round effort
2. Cloete - massive runs
3. Samuel Vimes - Big effort with the bat especially as wicket keeper

1D
1. Zaid Ghansar - Effort with both bat and ball
2. BK Smith - Lots of runs
3. C Buts - Lots (altho not as many) runs + a few wickets

Cloete

International Captain
5D
1. Nathan Hoy - Great all-rounder performance, good aevrages and prolific wicket taker and run scorer
2. Sudeep - While he outshone Hoy in the averages, he just didn't pile on the runs and wickets. Still a great performance
3. Buts - I was very tempted to vote for myself here. But I fell buts deserves a mention, I just wish he had averaged over 40, then he could be a great test hope (as it stand he still is).

1D
1. Nathan Hoy - Well.. a great bowling performance backed up by a few runs again. MVP all up IMO.
2. BK Smith - With so many bowlers taking so many wickets at such small averages, this is a brilliant performance. Lots of runs at 50.. wow!
3. Zaid Ghansar - Top all-round performance!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Whoa... what a whirlwind season! Great times fellaz, im proud of you.

FC: 1) David Kennett - The guy is a legend. The Reds were shot down in this part of the comp but David stood above them all as THE player to watch. In the up-and-coming tours you will be there as a stand-out test bowler, Im sure of it.

2) Cloete - Reliable. The "Run Machine" fired all season with some outstanding knocks, the best of them being an amazing 166 which blew away the opposition. Keep it up brother!

3) Nath Patrick - I was too expensive, but some great late form was good, especially my 8-for in the final (which cruely doesnt count :p ). Couldnt of done it without the rest of the talented Blues bowling attack including Mr M, Adam, Halsey, Muhaffy (Niiiiiiiine foooooor) and the spectacular Sudeep. Thanks heaps for the help guys.

OD: 1) Nathan Hoy - The boy no-one noticed! In your debut season (I believe) you didnt talk yourself up but rather got the job done quietly with outstanding results. Your 6-for was a treat to watch and a S/R of less than 26 is incredible. An interesting stat is that you got 2 5-fors and yet no 4-fors, which to me only shows that when you`re on song, there is no stopping you. You were also a composed middle-lower order batsman with some compelling, sensible knocks. Youll be unlucky to not win the FC award but Ill be damned if you dont win the OD award. Just keep on being the quiet achiever you are and I have no doubt that given the chance, youll be a future CWXI ODI star, maybe one day even up there with Lucky Eddie and Top Cat. Best of luck.

2) Tom Halsey!! - Amazing stuff. Many people believe a Leg-spinner has no place in a one-day game, and you sure proved them wrong. The Blues bowling attack was really off in the OD comp but we stuck together and became a force to be reckoned with when we were bowling in tandem, the only bowlers to really give it a big go and succeed. We were the only team to have more than one bowler with 30+ wickets for the season, and we supported each other along the way, to great effect. Great effort, keep working hard in the off.

3) Blewy - Mate, you always lead by example. You show the team the way and guide them through the hard times. A great leader, and this reflects in your batting. When the team needs you, you stand up and give it your best, always. Extremely glad you captain the national side... you remind me of Fleming. Doesnt always have the best tools, but you get the job done and you do it well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
5-day:

1) Cloete - for an outstanding season with the bat despite being in the ODI team
2) David Kennett - a welcome return to form and a magnificent season capped with a good international debut
3) Sudeep - all-rounder find of the season. I see Flintoff-potential here.

1-day:

1) Zaid Ghansar - played a HUGE part in getting the Reds to the OD finals. Only thing missing for him was a century, but when your average approaches 55 do you need it?
2) Nathan Hoy - flipping outstanding bowler
3) Dylan Jellett - class keeping and class batting. Just a shame it came too late...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
5 Day

Dave - Good bowller and good guy
Nathan Hoy- Worthy All rounder
David Kennett- Good young fella

OD

Zaid - Mate of mine
Halsey - young spin bowler with a future
AMZ- A zebra should get the award

cbuts

International Debutant
fc
1. cloete. amazing amount of runs at a stunning average. requires amazing form throughout the season. i for the most part was competing with him with runs and average but fell away, cloetes form didnt waver all year.

2. nathan hoy. great allround stats.

3. myself. did well with the bat, lost a bit towards the end of the season, whilst others where on cw duty and i opted to take the opening spot for the team.

od
1.ghansar. superp season
2. bk smith. run scoring machine, very pleased he was in my team, we had some good partnerships to throughout the summer
3. myself. good stats with the bat, and chipped in with the ball well at times, pleased with my econ rate, as i was usually given the ball towards the end. also got my cw spot back for the zim tour.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
no one picked me for the one day mvp even though i averaged well and hit almost the most amount of runs. :(

my votes out soon

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
5d
1. Nathan Hoy - Plenty of wickets at a good average and a few good innings with the bat

2. Cloete - Massive amount of runs

3. Sam Vimes - must have faced more balls than any other, also great keeping throughout the season

OD
1. Nathan Hoy - Lots of wickets at a superd average

2. Tom Halsey - Equally lots of wickets, and an almost equally superb average

3. Zaid Ghansar - Plenty of runs and a handful of wickets at good averages

Loony BoB

International Captain
When it comes to MVP, I'm more about the spirit than the stats, although stats obviously help. Anyway...

5D
1. Nathan Hoy - A real great attitude to the game, laid back guy who saves everything for the game and it really shows. A strong bowling average and a decent batting average to boot, we at CW Green wouldn't get by nearly as well without him.
2. Write-in: steds (I'm not sure on his CW name... Ian Markus?), for his intense support for the CW Reds team - I don't think anyone can match him in enthusiasm, that's for sure. :p
3. Neil Pickup - A strong mind and influence in the CW game, he is in my opinion a valuable 'watchdog' for the CWBCC. However, even taking away that, he gets my #3 vote for his amazing batting skills in the longer version of the game.
Unlucky to miss out: Cloete - run run run run run run run run run run run run run ;) But you got your award for that already.

OD
1. Nathan Hoy - Same reasons as in the 5D game with regards to staying true to the spirit of the game at the same time as overachieving with the ball and still showing heart with the bat. It's also notable that he finished with a strong eco-rate of 4.3.
2. Blewy - Brilliance in the shorter version of the game. I don't know how many MOM's he got, but I'm pretty confident that Blewy won more OD/25Smash games for CW Green than any other player this season. You just can't not notice him. He is in my opinion undeniably the one the public come to watch whenever the shorter versions of the game are played. Just listen to the roar of the crowd when he steps up and you'll agree. :)
3. Zaid Ghansar - Okay, although I'm more about the spirit, Zaid's stats are truely unmissable. 'nuff said.
Unlucky to miss out: Tom Halsey, he just seems like a good all round guy and from what I've seen this season, he takes a lot of jabs from his mates and laughs them off quite well. :) You need people like that.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hehe it's nice to know that i'm or steds are getting votes even though we're not nominated....

don't worry buggssy at least u love urself. that's what matters

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
hehe it's nice to know that i'm or steds are getting votes even though we're not nominated....

don't worry buggssy at least u love urself. that's what matters

some one has to :P (should i be taking that personally)

but i am ugly and dont love myself
so i will just shut up and wont speak anymore

Last edited: