Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Matches

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar

Charity Matches

Are we able to organise charity matches, where we get a couple of teams sorted out and play a friendly game every now and then (possibly with live sims if we organise it well)? I think it'd be great, and we could raise some good money for the kids at the local hospital, amongst other things. I think CW needs a few more fun matches to get some of the members back into the spirit of things!

EDIT: Friendly games would also be ideal for people who are looking to showcase themselves in any way should they not be getting much gametime. New people who haven't yet been selected for a team could also get into the swing of things before being thrust into the CW League.
    Last edited by Loony BoB; 12-10-2004 at 06:30 AM.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    I agree Bob, especially as I`m a newbie, a 2 day old newbie, even though 2 days is a bit quick to be impatient though, i would totaly love to get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Sounds good. Whoever is organizing would have to clear it with the CWBCC first though, regarding scheduling.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

CW Special Care XI "Funding our more "needy" members" Captain: Lord of Darkness V.Captain: Tom Halsey Star Players: Mr.P and Cloete.

CW Forum's XI: 10 CW Players voted by you and one international All-star.

The Selector's panel XI: The panel pick out young and rising stars to get expiercene with famous stars: Captain Andre, V Captain Samuel Vimes.

Just some ideas there.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Smash Up in the City Following on from the sucess of the 25smash season (Sponsored by CW Bar) comes a Unique event, a once in a lifetime opportunity and all for charity. 4 teams, one goal, the City Smash cup. 2 development league select teams will peform. But also 2 unique teams, legends from accross the globe come together for charity and 5 in a team, combine with the teenagers from the recently set up CW InnerCity academy to take on the might of CW. All in aid of the CW Progress Through Cricket Initiative, that gives talented youngsters the opportunity to develop their skills and was responsible for the CW InnerCity academy. Unconfirmmed 'Legends' inlcude Courtney Walsh, Steve Waugh, Alec Stewart, Alan Donald and more. tickets will be sold through general sale but a large amount will be distributed to Kids through schools and in deprived areas.
    Thats my idea anyway
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I like the look of it, but will obviously have to talk it over with Reuben first. The management of the charity competition will have to organize everything though, meaning they'd (or he/she would) be in charge of picking the teams etc. The CWBCC will assist with simming if required though.

Send a formal presentation of the charity format to bugs@tstt*net*tt (*=. of course) and reuben@globe*net*nz and Cc it to cwbcc@mail.com.

Can anyone interested in playing a charity match please post in this thread so we can make organising this thing a little easier. I'm not sure if we'd be able to find enough people for four teams, as I'm not sure that many people post actively (and if they don't, they won't see this thread).

Obviously, I'm eager to get a game or two going, and it would be great fun to play with some of the people I've been up against in the dev league, as well as those who haven't yet had a game at all.

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    What about Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere based players or something of the like...

Bob i would be interested in any game that is getting organised.

Breakout Champion!
    Wow that's a cool idea.

...now, why didn't I think of that?(coz you're a stupid woolyback, that's why)

We'd best wait until we have 22 interested members before we decide on how the teams will be made up. Even a semi-random grouping would suit me just fine.

Also, I'm not sure where I'd fit into a Northern vs. Southern Hemisphere game. :o Southern, I'd hope!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    South vs North would be abit lop sided
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Can anyone interested in playing a charity match please post in this thread so we can make organising this thing a little easier. I'm not sure if we'd be able to find enough people for four teams, as I'm not sure that many people post actively (and if they don't, they won't see this thread).

Obviously, I'm eager to get a game or two going, and it would be great fun to play with some of the people I've been up against in the dev league, as well as those who haven't yet had a game at all.
    Count me in.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    yea boys, sounds good!
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Me too.

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    ill play... can i open the bowling LOL... we'll get a big total to chase or the game could even finish early
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information