• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposal for Dev League Season 8

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i would love to see a 16-man max squad limit and perhaps the addition of a new team, but i like the comp the way it is at the mo. also a few off-season games would be nice and i think teams should be made up of groups of people in CW who are friends or whatever (like Simon and Cloete for example :p )

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jamee999 said:
And what are the "dimensions" for this season?(length,days,OD,FC,Smash,Matches etc.?)
20 OD, 22 FC, 20 Smash (not including playoffs).
79 days I believe.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
you no how we see our season stats on occasions?

well anyway at the end of the season do we get a full set of stats? e.g Career stats, season stats. leading duck maker :) ETC

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
What do people think of my suggestion? 50 Days a season? Take a 50 Day tour and off-season combo---realistic? That's 3.65 Seasons a year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Here's my 2 pence - assuming 4 core teams with the 5th of new and dormant players (not fixture related)

The selection panel apoints a Captain and Vice Captain for each selection panel, preferably using the positions for blooding leadership qualities for the CW XI, but also trying to ensure that each team has either a captain or vice captain not likely to be involved in the international side.

The rest of the active players are then put in to 2 separate pools - one for Contracted players, the other for the non contracted players. The lists are distributed to the captains and vice captains.

The a draft takes place, the separate pool for contracted players enables them to be spread evenly throughout the teams to ensure that one team is not dramatically effected by call-ups. The team finishing bottom this year gets first pick etc.

After the draft, teams can trade players based on needs and peoples colour preferences, but all teams are finalised before the season starts.

Not sure it's what people would like but i think it would be a great way of building up excitement for the new season, and also go some way to ensuring a level playing field next year.

Majin

International Debutant
Yes, i've become quite attached to the green team, it's a good bunch of guys and gals. (Eyes only is a green, right?)

But, I was wondering if their could be like a Loan system or something. Say someone in a division one team isn't getting any games, the current XI is doing fine, would they be able to go on loan to a division two new team for say 4 games or something to help out the new team and also try and find a bit of form? If you already posted something about loans I appologise but I got like 4 1/2 hours sleep and I really couldn't be bothered to scroll through the whole thread.

Edit: Okay so there isn't even a second division suggestion, I dunno where that came from so ignore it. TIREDNESS AFFECTS THE BRAIN!

But I still think a loan system would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
yeah lone system sounds good, and so does 2nd division. It would mean newbies like me might, just might get a game. But a lot of hard work to set it up though, when you loook at the flip side. But well done Majin, some good ideas there, if this is what you come up with at ired brain, never sleep at all! :thumbup:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hey Liam , don't force a career threatening injury on me mate . I will active from thhis season :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you've played most of the season in OD and Smash despite not being active. Good to see you around again though. :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
So long as I'm still in Green.Good ideas though.The injuries and CW call ups could be some big problems though.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
like all the new suggestions floating around for season 8, can't wait for it kick off. Love the idea of all 5 teams from CW. Hopefully I'll keep my place in Greens. (This time I'll be active for the whole season..)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scrap the other countries 'A' teams. It should be our domestic league. Trades would be good but hard to set up.

As long as I'm in Blue I'm happy. :)