• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposal for Dev League Season 8

cbuts

International Debutant
wat about a 3 or 5 game series, between players of australasian/asian V europe and the rest

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Andre said:
In consultation with Neil, I'd like to propose the following.

* Scrap Australia 'A' and England 'A' - include them in an end of season tournament with Cricket Web 'A', Kenya and Bangladesh.

* Reduce squad sizes to a maximum of 16 players.

* Add another division side, in which an experianced player would captain it. All new players and sign-ups would go to this side so they get game-time. They may be weak in the beginning but the new players need as much game time as possible. In the end it will make the CWXI a far stronger side. Retired players such as Luckyeddie and Rik would fill in any gaps that were in the new side, and once more players signed up they would drop out.

* Once the new side reaches 16 players, another new side is started etc.

* While the new teams may be weak and unpredictable, they would start to click after a few games as we would figure out who can play and who can't. Perhaps for the first season, young players from the current squads (no more than say 8) could be drafted in to help out.

* Captains having full responsability with regards to the selection of XIs. If they have to wear the wrap at the end of the day, they should at least be responsable for the selections.

Thoughts?
sound sgood mate

i like it big time

Don

State Vice-Captain
i say florescent pinks.id rush to that team.but im loyal to greens.just that i think id get the sack as soon as the opportunity arrises

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon the manager of the side should be a non-playing member. They would act as selector in consultation with the captain, but the manager would have the deciding say. Then they could negotiate with players and for trading purposes, ie. if they are looking for a bowler they could contact a bowler and offer them opportunites with their side that they may not be getting with their current team.

It would add a very good feature to an already great sim.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
I reckon the manager of the side should be a non-playing member. They would act as selector in consultation with the captain, but the manager would have the deciding say. Then they could negotiate with players and for trading purposes, ie. if they are looking for a bowler they could contact a bowler and offer them opportunites with their side that they may not be getting with their current team.

Hard to do though

ash chaulk

International Captain
i would like to say that i like the idea of 16 man teams but dont change any other features as i love it the way it is!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Season 8

Here's my suggestion.

5 CW Teams: Black, Blue, Green, Red and another Yellow was my thought maybe white, anyway.

Through out the Season there are 2 rolling competitions. OD and FC.

You play each team 4 times in the League Stage: 16 matches. The Top 2 Teams playoff to be FC/OD Champions(Not to win the trophy: that goes to the League Winners) This is 32 Days for FC and OD Trophys.

Mid-season there is a 25Smash Festival. 1 Ground. 6 Days. Play each team in the first 4 Days. Top 4 teams playoff in semis(1 v 4, 2 v 3) on Day 5 and Final on Day 6.

Then to finish off the season 3 teams turn up for a OD KO Trophy over 3 Days.

This is 41 Days. There are then the Clash of the Titans Series. The Winners of the 3 Competitions playoff against the CWXI for a One Off Match. 44 Days.

Then the CWA Play the CWXI in all 3 forms. 47 Days.

Add in the 2 Playoff finals. 49 Days.

A break after the Main Season= 50 Days!

Shorter than Season 7 IIRC.

Every Teams Minumum matches: 16FC +16 OD +4 Smash +1 KO = 37 Matches.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ideally I'd like a minimum of 20 FC and OD matches (each) per team per season.

The jist of the suggestion seems good though. I like the idea of having less Smash games and in a concentrated period (though that would take away from the sponsor) as I find simming them gets a bit tedious.

I wouldn't think the CW XI v CW 'A' Smash games would come to fruition though, as there is no CW XI Smash team.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Out of curiosity, what would happen to a League team should five (or six) members be taken from it? Both Black and Green had five members taken from their teams to represent CWXI in the matches against SL and India - that would leave 11 players per team, and should one man get an injury, well, not sure what would happen there.

A possibility is for players on top of the 16-per-side would be put into a CW resource pool where they could be spotted from when a side runs low on players. Either that or the (possibly more ideal) option of having more than 16 players per side should we have enough people sign up.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:

I like the idea, but think it could end up hurting some teams a little to much with players being able to pretty much pick and choose where they go to.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Out of curiosity, what would happen to a League team should five (or six) members be taken from it? Both Black and Green had five members taken from their teams to represent CWXI in the matches against SL and India - that would leave 11 players per team, and should one man get an injury, well, not sure what would happen there.

A possibility is for players on top of the 16-per-side would be put into a CW resource pool where they could be spotted from when a side runs low on players. Either that or the (possibly more ideal) option of having more than 16 players per side should we have enough people sign up.
The squads would be arranged so that's unlikely to occur (ie contracted players dispersed) but if it does, it would be a concern as you say. Fear not, as that shall be worked out before Season 8 begins.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
depending on how many players are around 14 non contracted players per team with contracted players dispersed on top of that

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
thewizard1o1 said:
I like the idea, but think it could end up hurting some teams a little to much with players being able to pretty much pick and choose where they go to.

The managers would have to be sensible about it. And there would be a maximum squad size. It is an initial idea at this stage, but with some tweaking I think it should work.