• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kookaburra signs Young Star

DJellett

International Debutant
Australian bat company Kookaburra has signed on young wicket keeper
Dylan Jellett to advertise and use their products for the next 3 years.

The deal, an un-named figure, is said to be a record for a player of Jellett's age.

The young keeper said today that he was "stoked" with the deal and was proud to launch a new advertising campaign with the company.

Parrallels have been drawn to Slazenger's large deal with upcoming player Michael Clarke. That company bought Clarke into sponsorship just months before he burst onto the international scene, making the company thousands.

Jellett laughed at the suggestion that this was his step into the CW International side, but said he would be "very grateful for any oppurtunities" given to him by the CWBCC.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DJellett said:
Australian bat company Kookaburra has signed on young wicket keeper
Dylan Jellett to advertise and use their products for the next 3 years.

The deal, an un-named figure, is said to be a record for a player of Jellett's age.

The young keeper said today that he was "stoked" with the deal and was proud to launch a new advertising campaign with the company.

Parrallels have been drawn to Slazenger's large deal with upcoming player Michael Clarke. That company bought Clarke into sponsorship just months before he burst onto the international scene, making the company thousands.

Jellett laughed at the suggestion that this was his step into the CW International side, but said he would be "very grateful for any oppurtunities" given to him by the CWBCC.
Has this been ratified by the CWBCC?

I was unaware we could negotiate our own contracts.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I imagine that they'd have to be in accordance with the team advertising and/or ground advertising - you don't want to have your shirt advertising Coca Cola and your bat advertising Pepsi, for example.

DJellett

International Debutant
Errr....I didn't understand that :p

All I am doing is having a bat sponsor and doing ads for them, just like in Cricket mags and stuff (like Michael Clarke)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
jellett... what the?!? you cant take things like this into your own hands... can you? id leave nething like this to liam when he feels it should be a part of the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't have a problem with it, except that I can't figure out why they'd sign Jellett of all CW players. ;) :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Has this been ratified by the CWBCC?

I was unaware we could negotiate our own contracts.
Player not contracted have to be approved by the CWBCC, but uncontracted players have some measure of liberty in that area.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Player not contracted have to be approved by the CWBCC, but uncontracted players have some measure of liberty in that area.
mwahaha... ill email you later with my own ideas :p

*In other news today, young CW Blue opening bowler Nath Patrick has recieved a massive deal from companies Pepsi and McDonalds, and at least 69 824 other companies that are yet to be announced...*

:p :p :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't have a problem with it, except that I can't figure out why they'd sign Jellett of all CW players. ;) :p
The title is extremely misleading in that respect.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
[Reuters, Melbourne] - Rumours are circling that a Kookaburra employee has been found dead in a city centre drinking establishment having been fired by the company. Kookaburra have declined to comment on any connection that his dismissal is connected to either the signing of wicketkeeper Dylan Jellett earlier today, or the appalling spelling in the press release issued with regards to the contract.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
[Reuters, Melbourne] - Rumours are circling that a Kookaburra employee has been found dead in a city centre drinking establishment having been fired by the company. Kookaburra have declined to comment on any connection that his dismissal is connected to either the signing of wicketkeeper Dylan Jellett earlier today, or the appalling spelling in the press release issued with regards to the contract.
:blink: you what? :huh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Man signs Dylan
2) Company realise man has thrown their money away
3) Company fires man
4) Man drinks self to death

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
1) Man signs Dylan
2) Company realise man has thrown their money away
3) Company fires man
4) Man drinks self to death
Oh...lol...your Cleethorpey-peoples intellectual sense of humour is too...well, intellectual for me.(in Liverpool, urinating through open windows of parked cars is funny)

PY

International Coach
steds said:
Oh...lol...your Cleethorpey-peoples intellectual sense of humour is too...well, intellectual for me.(in Liverpool, urinating through open windows of parked cars is funny)
You're a weird bunch ain't ya....