Nath York goes to New Patrick... hang on a sec
After getting on the RIGHT plane after that slight destination problem, I arrived at my new home for the next month.
I have now played in a few matches for the Yanks and feel right at home, though having the boundary line marked out with chalk was a bit if a bummer, especially when it started to rain. But I was feeling good (this even after whatever that stuff Liam gave me had worn off) and I got to know most of my teamates a little better.
- Darren E Foster (RHB): Hes an aussie with a temper. Whenever he is scoring (not often) he is everyone`s best mate, but when he gets out, stay clear.
- Julian V Cueller (LHB): Shy South African. Doesn`t speak much English. The only words he CAN say shouldn`t really be typed here.
- Andy Chiltern (LHB): Your typical slack-jawed American. Has an inspiring collection of already-chewed gum.
- Clayton B Lambert (LHB): Our most experienced member no doubt. Arguably our best player, a great batsman who bowled the odd ball. And when I say 'odd ball' I dont mean he bowled occasionally, but rather that he bowled like a frog with three flippers on.
- Gavin Polak (RHB): Always drunk. Loves a drink and there was an amusing incident when the drink was loving him back :p
- Sungdeep Khan (WK): He has made me feel very welcome here. Besides my CW buddies I hang out with him the most. We watch many old cricket tapes together. He has introduced me to some "quality" Pakistani food (my excuse for my 0/98 off 22 :p )
- Jungle C Pola (AR): Nicknamed "The Single Junkie" for his inability to hit big boundaries.
- Meranga Murali (RM): Expert opening swing bowler. Has a superb reverse, reverse swing delivery which he calls "the Dooshbag".
- Darai Prasad (RFM): Should be a West Indian with his action. He delivers the ball with every part of his body very straight.
- HJH (Hit ja Homer) Moora (RF): Known well by all for hitting the first six in US cricket. Also known for his crazy "Godzilla (?)" action and his 57 step run-up.
Also in the squad are Asif Ali, Charlotte Maninder and my CW chums Blewy, Bugssy, Nikhil and Dave. Hopefully you may now see MORE than the SCORE. (See how I rhymed it? My mum says Im clever.)
I know what you`re all thinking. "Will Nath be back with more stories to tell us inferior cricket players?" The answer my friends, is unfortunately, yes. So until then, goodbye.