• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Stay in T&T:The Port-of Spain Porters Story from the Inside

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The Squad

Let me first apologise for the late start.Too much soca. :happy:Where do i begin :huh: ?Oh yeah!! :D My Teammates.A weird bunch of guys if anything else.This is the full squad:
Port-of Spain Porters

Ronald Ramdass (RHB)
Tatenda Taibu (RHB/WK)
Satyam Tam (RHB/RM)
Chris Maynard (RHB)
Fyver Deo (RHB/OS)
Zafar Mohammed (RHB/RF)
Xavier Rose (RHB/RFM)
Bluefox (RHB/OS)
Mitche Ramkisoon (RHB/RM)
Keiran Ramdath (LHB/LF)
Stephan Cameron (RHB/LS)
Reagan Mohammed (RHB)
Badree Singh (LHB/LF)
Gareth King (RHB)
Johnny Williamson (RHB/RM)
Gareth Gooljar (RHB/LS)
Ryan Darius (RHB/SLA)

First guy to greet Bluefox and me was Taibu.I was a bit surprised to see him out there but then again it's a better team than Zimbabwe. :huh: Can't blame him.We've got quite a few righties but the lefties are sparse.West Indies can't say that.It was a joy to go back home.Well.... :dry: not exactly but it was pretty close.Get to explore the islands. :D
My opening partner in the 3dayers is Badree Singh.In the 1 dayers I was told it was gonna be Zafar Mohammed.Good bowlers but nowhere near my class. The rest of the team really sucks.Looks like we may just eek out a few victories if any but with me there I'm sure we can avoid that.......hopefully :blink:

Next entry:The First Game

Last edited:

roseboy64

The First Game​
First game was against the Princes Town Pirates.A 3day match so we expected a draw at least but my predictions about my team came through.

They put us in to bat first.Our two openers were going along well,Ramdass and King.Ronald was in glorious form with boundaries all around the ground.Then the carnage started.Only one other partnership was substantial after that.

I did my best to hold up on my end........ :dry: Just lasted 4 balls.It's a wonder we even went past 100.Eventually we just sneaked past 150.Top scorer Zafar Mohammed- 32.Now to try and restrict them somehow.

Somehow they just made 222.Glad with my contribution:
Xavier Rose 13.0 5 28 2 2.15 0 0 :D

Carlton Winslow making 42 not out(can't help his average :happy: ).It's too unbearable to describe the massacre they meted out to our bowlers.However Zafar once again shone this time with the ball.Glad to have sommebody good backing me up. :)

We got back in late on day 2 before tea.This time we made 18 more runs.:happy: This time I made 18 :sleep: Ramdass once again shing with the bat.Top scoring with 47.Just three short 8-) Reminds me of Shiv.This time at least everybody chipped in.

Somehow we had to defend 108.Well look at this(their openers :D ):
Imran Khan not out 34 98 7 0 34.7%
Sherwin Ganga not out 68 107 15 0 63.6%

Must say we showed some fight.Happy with my effort at least.
Xavier Rose 5.0 1 11 0 2.20 0 0

You can't win everything 8-) Oh well.

Next entry:The Second Game

Attachments

Last edited:

roseboy64

The Second Game​

I had some interviews to post but lost them.After my stint I'll interview my teammmates again.Bet they won't like that but a few of them are big hams .

This time we were facing the.........Princes Town Pirates(what kind of name is that???).....again :dry: .It's a 40 over match now. :)They've got some big names in their team.Failed to mention them before.Too shocked at how we were annihilated.Guys such as Daren Ganga and Tino Best.The rest don't deserve mention. :p .

The opposition won the toss and decided to bat.I bowled like crap :D .Have a look at this:
Xavier Rose 8.0 0 44 0 5.50 1 1
They had one really big partnership of 52 runs with that Carlton Winslow guy again :dry: .Ganga top scored though. :happy: The rest of the bowling wasn't exactly phenoemenal either.The Pirates managed to post 169/5 and gave us a reasonable target to chase.

The run chase got off to a horrible start.With just 8 runs on the board we lost our first wicket. :wacko: We got a good recovery going with a 57 run partnership between Taibu and Tam(good guy )Can't really describe the match at that point as I decided to catch a little shut eye. :sleep: Shouldn't have done that but ehhhhh. :dry: Next thing I knew it was my turn to bat.We were falling like flies.

Zafar(great guy) and I got a little partnership going to give us a little hope.Trying to push the run rate along I holed out.We came close but oh sooooo faaaarrrrr. Lost by 6 runs .That however gave us hope that we could compete and the guys took some inspiration from that.

Next entry: The Third Game

Attachments

Last edited:

roseboy64

Sorry about the delay.I'll be catching up on it soon.Been busy for a while.Expect the next ones to be better and if not...so what???

roseboy64

The Third Game​

Our third game was against the Toco Flashes.They've got a pretty good side........on paper that is.Guys like Imran Jan,Broncoman,Samuel Vimes,Lendl Simmons,John Davison,Dave mohammed and Ravi Rampaul.WOW!! That's a long list.Looks like we could be up against the wall...nah :p .

Always love one-dayers.Never seem to make any runs though. :huh: Anyway we won the toss and put them in to bat.Jan and Davison offered the main resistance.The rest were rather......um....welll......let's just say ordinary.My performance was rather pleasing.
Xavier Rose 7.3 0 34 4 4.53 1 1
Not too happy about the econ rate but i took wickets to eventually restrict them to 171 all out.

The run chase got off to a horrible start.This time it was Ramdass going for 0 after just facing 2 balls.They affectionately call that a "2-leather duck" in these parts.We fought back bravely but the bats couldn't liv eup to the work of the bowlers.Falling 1 run short at 170/8.I scored 5 in that effort.Somehow Jan wound upo with the man of the match.Wonder how that happened......... 8-) .

Next entry: The Zafar Mohammed and Tatenda Taibu Interviews

Attachments