• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Burke Fumes at Captain

Steven Burke reportedly lashed out at his Colts' captain Kyle Wright after their victory over the Reds. Burke had received a number of tips from "shady friends" for the races in Nixontown that day, and wanted Wright to call his phone betting account and slap some cash on.

The rest of the side is also up in arms, as Burke has made a habit of donating winnings to the Colts' end-of-season trip. They had one eye on Vegas, now it looks more like the Burswood in Perth.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It's Wright about now that we start worrying
Claude Makelele

For seasons now, we've seen the Dev League's reputation of being a gentlemans league degrade and come under constant attack from unsportsmanlike conduct. We have stood by while the great thing about our game - the fact that despite being competitors, we can still have a drink with the oppositon after the game - is being eroded by certain individuals.

But when, I ask, do we draw the line? When do we say "yo yo hold up" and try to reverse this terrible trend? I say we must act now. When one of the most senior cricketers in the Dev League - that is Colts captain & former CW XI opening bowler Kyle Wright - spends half a day texting his opposition with abusive messages, it's apparent that something needs to be done, Wright now.

Claude Makelele is a hard-hitting **** who says what he wants.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I changed my phone last week and haven't given any Yellow's my new number.
But I thought you gave me your new number two days ago...

Oh...I see how it is.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
KennyD said:
But I thought you gave me your new number two days ago...

Oh...I see how it is.
Now now, Kenny, Towns might bring the "Yellow Racial Slur!!!!" arguement to the forefront again :(