Cricket Player Manager
Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1839

Thread: *Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Here's the corrected version: This short, scrawny medium pacer gathers little bounce and scant movement at pedestrian pace. Somehow took wickets in season X, possibly through opponents laughing at his hairstyle. He has a laughable slower-ball and is woeful at the death. His main problem, aside from his hair, is a tendency to bowl absolute crap. He can't bat whatsoever, and was once mugged by a pair of six-year olds.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Pretty sure there have been some 'instances' in the past.

EDIT: Fuller is CW Blue captain? Man, I need to catch up with things.
    Hmm....
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Word on the street is Horse & Hound have just added Pickup to the 'fringe player' listing.

But you win.
    Last edited by Nate; 13-06-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering Phil 'The Prince' Hughes - we will always love you

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Horse & Hound
    Acclaimed article that has won journalistic awards around the world - My favourite letter.
    by the now famous Abhinav Shankar

e

Horse & Hound
    Beaten to it.
    by Abhinav Shankar

Neil Pickup was reportedly outraged as Nathan Patrick thought of a 'fringe' pun before Pickup, using it to describe his attractive hair. Mr. Pickup was later seen being bowled by a 13-year-old, as he left a ball pitching on middle, not moving, and going on to hit middle.

More as it comes.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    Horse & Hound
    Acclaimed article that has won journalistic awards around the world - My favourite letter.
    by the now famous Abhinav Shankar

e
    e!
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    Neil Pickup was reportedly outraged as Nathan Patrick thought of a 'fringe' pun before Pickup, using it to describe his attractive hair. Mr. Pickup was later seen being bowled by a 13-year-old, as he left a ball pitching on middle, not moving, and going on to hit middle.
    He was bowling round the wicket, it pitched outside off, and swung back in to me.

Anyway...

Exhibit A: FC Batting Averages - Pickup 6.64, Patrick 6.32
    Exhibit B: OD Batting Averages - Pickup 9.31, Patrick 7.82

Case closed.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Pretty sure there have been some 'instances' in the past.

EDIT: Fuller is CW Blue captain? Man, I need to catch up with things.
    Vice-captain. I captained a fair amount in season 9, but only a small amount last season, as the internationals were away less.

Nice writeup btw Nath.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    He was bowling round the wicket, it pitched outside off, and swung back in to me.

Anyway...

Case closed.
    How embarrassing.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Breakout Champion!
    I'm not even a fringe player

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Your clearly too good to be written up in that company
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    I'm not even a fringe player
    "Here are the first six."

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup

Anyway...

Case closed.
    Haha yeah, I haven`t focused on my batting for any great deal of my career, hopefully my recent International knocks show I`m on the improve. What about strike-rate for those though Pickup? Especially in FC I think I`ve been out in the middle for a bit.

good read Nath.
    I'm still laughing at Neil's post.

Horse & Hound
    World Cup Hopefuls
    by Abhinav Shankar

With the CWXI 25-man World Cup Squad just announced, Horse & Hound have decided to give you a preview of the fringe players, those attempting to push their way into the starting line-up. Here are the next five.

JE Stedman – Age 22, CW Red (RHB Moderate, RM)
    Career – 68 matches, 2904 runs @ 43.04, 5 wickets @ 53.40, 23 catches
    Season 10 – 16 matches, 780 runs @ 48.75, 7 catches
    Comments – Jimmy Stedman is a quality batsman who is superb at turning the strike over in order to get that big target. Bowlers find him extremely hard to bowl to as he uses little jabs and pokes to find the gaps, and then finds the boundary to finish the job. He had a spectacular Season 10, shining while much of CW Red fell around him. Stedman keeps to himself a lot of the time and is extremely modest. One can`t help but feel that his strong team-orientated focus has overshadowed his individual brilliance, racking up numbers many professional batsmen aspire to.

AA Cameron – Age 19, CW Green (RHB Very-attacking, RFM Economical-bowler)
    Career – 42 matches, 168 runs @ 24.00, 49 wickets @ 38.96, 8 catches
    Season 10 – 13 matches, 36 runs without dismissal, 19 wickets @ 31.79, 1 catch
    Comments – Andy`s reaction at being named in the provisional 25-man squad was one of humility and surprise. Yet his place is fully deserved after a solid Season 10, where his economy rate was superb, frustrating batsmen with his hurrying-on deliveries. Andy generates decent pace of a short-ish run-up, but some of his short stuff can be easily punished. When Cameron finds his length, he is very hard to put away. An under-estimated player, Andrew`s confidence and eagerness are a huge advantage. His mis-haps in the field however, are not.

DP Towns – Age 24, CW Colts (RHB Moderate, OS)
    Career – 84 matches, 2310 runs @ 36.09, 34 catches
    Season 10 – 14 matches, 713 runs @ 43.42, 4 catches
    Comments – Many see Daniel Towns as a prolific under-achiever. Before Season X, people were wondering whether his senior role in the Colts side was deserved. After Season X, they were forced to eat some humble pie. Definitely not your typical smashing, bashing and crashing One-Day batsman, Daniel knows his role and goes about his business in his own time. His ability to spend long periods at the crease was a highlight for an otherwise timid Colts season, whose batting regularly misfired. Perhaps given a chance in a more secure line-up, we might see a different Towns. He has not quite grabbed his opportunity at International Level, and with several promising young talents, he`ll have to watch his back. Daniel is a capable slips fieldsman and will fight until his last breath for his precious Colts.

AJ Blackman – Age 20, CW Black (RHB Attacking, RM)
    Career – 61 matches, 1984 runs @ 41.33, 22 catches
    Season 10 – 14 matches, 574 runs @ 39.31, 6 catches
    Comments – A cricketer of old, Blackman could be easily lost if placed back in the 1980`s or 90`s. Speaking plainly and hoarsely, Blackman is the manly figure in an otherwise gangsterish/childish line-up at CW Black. He has minimal footwork, but that doesn`t matter when you can smack the ball to and over the fence again and again. His career record is outstanding, many believe the only time he fails at the crease is when there`s no challenge. His attitude against pacemen could be invaluable at the World Cup, and with his darkened mullet and leather-lined hands, he might just win it himself.

A Crampton – Age 20, CW Blue (RHB Attacking, WK)
    Career – 57 matches, 1650 runs @ 40.24, 31 catches and 3 stumpings
    Season 10 – 15 matches, 562 runs @ 56.20, 8 catches
    Comments – A recent uproar has surrounded the naming of Alex in the 25-man World Cup squad. Often having to fight for his `keeping position at CW Blue, he seems to have walked into the reserve wicket-keeping spot for the national side. But there doesn`t seem to be much argument against him. His breath-taking stroke-play and solid work behind the stumps is supremely under-rated, and all of his 562 runs in Season 10 were vital. If he can translate his impressive domestic form onto the International Scene, he will provide stiff competition to the CWXI resident home-boy and `keeper, Ashley Chaulk.
    Last edited by Nate; 14-06-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information