• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a scandal of the most outrageous variety. I call for the 3 people to step forward, lest Patrick, in a drunken rant, reveal your identity without your consent.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought my opinion as someone who was traded for Kearsley would count for something. Nobody has agreed on a trade and if that doesn't occur I think he should be free, it seems runfair that he'd play grade for the rest of the year. I think something like a five-match suspension would be most appropriate for those found guilty. In which case the names would be announced, benefiting many people. If it is absolutely neccessary that the players remain unnamed then let Patrick go free and punish Blue that way.

Loony BoB

International Captain
James - But unless names are named, Blue have no reason to let him go as they have no reason to be punished as a team. It's only two people. Also, trades are apparently being discussed so there's no dead end on it.

marc - right you are!

Adamc said:
I think this 'drunken rant' theory deserves to be tested.
Later, at the CW Bar...

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadn't considered that.

Two things will eventually happen, Patrick won't play for Blue instead he'll play either grade cricket or with another club. With another club, Blue would need a trade as they won't settle to losing Patrick for nothing.

The other thing is whether the names will be announced or not. If they are then a neccessary punishment (probably not as serious as they fear) will be dished out and we can all move on. If not then everyone continues to live under a shadow and two players (we all know Borcich was the black) need to look at their own courage or lack of.

Simple really.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
WHO DUNNIT?

As the Nath Patrick scandal simmers away, we are left to ponder - who?! Who was it that pushed Patrick to breaking point? Let's have a look at the candidates!

P.E. Young
RGEWS Cribb
A. Cloete
B.J. Goff
M.W. De Silva
L.A. Camps
S.E. Fuller
A. Crampton
M.J.C. Currie
T.C. Halsey
M.S. Smith
A.A.A. Collins
N.L. Patrick
R.D. Dunn
T.J. Demeza

The mystery, the intrigue... is CWLand big enough for it? Time will tell, time will tell...

I may just add that N.L. Patrick being listed there is not an oversight... ooooh...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A likely trade of Nath Patrick to the Colts is in the works, pending agreement from a couple more relevant parties. More to come.

dinu23

International Debutant
thewizard1o1 said:
Name the players; if they are big enough to send abusive and vulgar emails, they are big enough to take whatever punishment is dealt out by the CWBCC. People shouldn't have to put up with crap like that in a fun first concept like this...
well said. this is serious.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James90 said:
I thought my opinion as someone who was traded for Kearsley would count for something. Nobody has agreed on a trade and if that doesn't occur I think he should be free, it seems runfair that he'd play grade for the rest of the year. I think something like a five-match suspension would be most appropriate for those found guilty. In which case the names would be announced, benefiting many people. If it is absolutely neccessary that the players remain unnamed then let Patrick go free and punish Blue that way.
CW Blue 16 players

minus Nath Patrick
minus Camps/Fuller, Cloete, Goff and potentially Halsey at some stage
minus two players on 5-match suspensions

equals too few to put a team on the field

All in all, CW Blue has to get someone for Patrick.

Cloete

International Captain
superkingdave said:
I like this air of suspicion pervading through the locker rooms.

A score on Cloete
It's obvious it wasn't me. I'm fairly sure I know who it was from Blue but it's not conclusive and as such I'm nto going to blacken nay names with unnecessary slander.

I just think the right thing to do would be for anyone to be involved in it to come forward. Nath's obviously trying to protect you, but you owe it to the league to do it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web Blue Press Release
Acting Captain Sean Fuller

Good morning. I've called this press conference to inform Dev League players and fans that CW Blue's management has reached a trading agreement with Cricket Web Colts. Nath Patrick will be traded to the Colts in return for promising fast bowler Callum McKern, pending the agreement of the two players involved.

I would like to add that we are looking to put this unfortunate event behind us as a team. It's been tough on our players to lose someone as important to the club as Nath, especially in the way he's gone about leaving the club, but we firmly believe that we have the talent and the dedication to turn our season around and mount a strong defence of last year's titles in both forms of the game. Should the players agree to the trade, we also hope that McKern can be a part of that future success.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricketweb Colts Press Release
Kyle Wright Colts Captain

The Cricketweb Colts have confirmed that they have accepted the trade offer put forward by Cricketweb Blue and are confident the trade will be accepted by the players concerned. Colts' captain Kyle Wright had the following to say regarding the trade.

"We are pleased that we have been able to come to an agreement with Blue and feel that Patrick will be a welcomed addition to the Colts lineup. We are very disapointed to see McKern go, he has been a wonderful player for the club. However, this was a deal that we could not pass up to gain a player of Patricks experience. I'm sure the Blue management will do right by McKern and give him the opportunity he deserves. I'm sure he will find a good home there. I also had short chat with Patrick last night and he has expressed great enthusiasm at joining the Colts."

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricketweb Colts Press Release
Kyle Wright Colts Captain

The Cricketweb Colts have been in contact with Nath Patrick and he has accepted the trade deal to change from Cricketweb Blue to move to the Cricketweb Colts. Cricketweb Colts captain Kyle Wright has been trying to contact McKern to find out his opinion on the trade, but the youngster has yet to answer his phone after the Colts' training session this morning.

"I've been trying to get in contact with him all day, but he has his mobile turned off. He told us all he was going for a surf after today's training session, and knowing 'McK' he's probably still wrestling the waves. I would have joined him, but I knew there was business to be conducted back at the office. Hopefully he'll answer his phone soon and we can get this sorted out. I've sent him an email, so I'm hopfeull of a resolution today, one way or the other."

The Colts play Green in a one day fixture tomorrow nght.