• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I argue with the statement that Patrick is Blues best bowler. In FC Demeza takes more wickets and Collins maintains a superior average whilst taking a similar amount of wickets. And in OD, Halsey is better. You have equally competent bowlers. Why place so much more value on this one?
As for the Kennett vs. Patrick thing, there has to be a reason somewhere why Kennett is CW XIs spearhead and Patrick isn't.
And yes, I do believe Blue are in the wrong. I'm inclined to believe Patrick because I don't think he'd lie about something like that. He is aggreived. He doesn't want to play for Blue. You're stopping him playing at all. It's not the point of CW XI to have players sat on the outside of their Dev League teams sulking because he's getting abused (if this is true) and you're too up your own **** to let him go to a team where he'd be happier.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Who said we won't let him go? We will let him go as soon as a reasonable trade is available. Patrick was certainly our most consistent bowler across both forms, but that's really not the point. Either way he's a key player in our team, and we need to get an able replacement. Kennett is just an example. I'm sure we'd also take Watt from Red, but he won't be traded as he's captain, and there's no other player in Red who is as good as Patrick.

As far as Blue being "in the wrong" is concerned, I can't really see what you think the team has done. Patrick claims that someone within the team sent him an email and won't name who it was. Obviously we don't know who it was either, so what can be done? I hardly think one player allegedly sending an offensive email means that the team should give up a good player without seeking compensation from the team that recieves him.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have been asked to post this:

Smith on MSN said:
.the sunset will never charm us. [c=16]{kate still rules awesome}[/c] says:
haha yeah it was me, the **** deserved the emails too

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think that unless Patrick decides to make an official complaint by naming people in CW Blue who have done wrong, there is no reason for Camps or any of the senior members to trade him for anything less than what they personally see as satisfactory. As a fellow selector, I know that I would rather have good players on the sideline of my team than have them playing for the other team. If Patrick will not press charges, there is no legitimate reason for CW Blue to accept a breach of contract on Patrick's part (which, until he names names, is exactly what this is).

I think this would all be dealt with much more fairly if Patrick was to raise the issue in a formal and official manner rather than dealing with things through the media.

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
I argue with the statement that Patrick is Blues best bowler. In FC Demeza takes more wickets and Collins maintains a superior average whilst taking a similar amount of wickets. And in OD, Halsey is better. You have equally competent bowlers. Why place so much more value on this one?
Halsey is not a seamer. Neither Collins nor Demeza have done much in OD. Nath is our best seamer because he's good in both forms. Simple as.
You're stopping him playing at all.
Really? Because as far as I recall, I'm still picking him in my first XI. 8-)
To say that we're in the wrong simply because we won't short change our bowling attack - that is already struggling - to make one man happy, it's ridiculous.

I'm not sure what your rant is, but it's clearly extremely misinformed. I'd suggest that people stop commenting on the matter until they are better informed. If anything, ask questions. Don't make broad accusations.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
What has it got to do with you Marc?
About as much as it has to do with any other person who's commented.

PY said:
I can tell you, absolutely nothing. The ECB wouldn't hand out punishments in a situation like this, it'd be left to the club to do it.
If there's other players from different clubs involved, the governing body would step in...

Mr Mxyzptlk

KennyD said:
Stop being ****s and just let Nath go. That would be the "nice" things to do.
It would also be idiotic, as we would not only lose our best bowler for no compensation, but we'd be down to 11 players during Test matches.

PY

International Coach
marc71178 said:
About as much as it has to do with any other person who's commented.

If there's other players from different clubs involved, the governing body would step in...
Read on before posting, I apologised for that comment and that still stands. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
A show of sportsmanship would go a long way, I dare say.

Also, does anyone actually still believe Patrick? He's doing anything and everything to avoid "naming" them.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Robertinho said:
A show of sportsmanship would go a long way, I dare say.

Also, does anyone actually still believe Patrick? He's doing anything and everything to avoid "naming" them.
Never did.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t believe I`m getting **** on for this. I`ve done nothing but participate joyfully for something like six seasons now, and now I get all this. To be honest, I probably didn`t help by sensationalising it all through the media, but I thought people knew me better than that.

The two people who have apologised to me are obviously scared like crap that they`ll be kicked out of the Dev. League, or something to that effect. The other person is still laughing at me and calling me soft. I`ve e-mailed all three back telling them I don`t care anymore, and I won`t delve anymore into this. I`d hate to think that if I made a stupid mistake I was sorry for, that I wouldn`t be forgiven. So enough of all of this. I still would like out at Blue, and I don`t care if I have to play Grade Cricket. But I swear, if it happens again, I`ll be damn angry.

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Can`t believe I`m getting **** on for this. I`ve done nothing but participate joyfully for something like six seasons now, and now I get all this. To be honest, I probably didn`t help by sensationalising it all through the media, but I thought people knew me better than that.

The two people who have apologised to me are obviously scared like crap that they`ll be kicked out of the Dev. League, or something to that effect. The other person is still laughing at me and calling me soft. I`ve e-mailed all three back telling them I don`t care anymore, and I won`t delve anymore into this. I`d hate to think that if I made a stupid mistake I was sorry for, that I wouldn`t be forgiven. So enough of all of this. I still would like out at Blue, and I don`t care if I have to play Grade Cricket. But I swear, if it happens again, I`ll be damn angry.
Nath I think it's important the players are named for the sake of the team and perhaps league. If there's a senior member at Blue who's sent you these e-mails I think we have a right to know so action can be taken. I personally don't want to be playing at a club where players abuse teammates. But I've got absolutely no reason to believe this happened and have full confidence in the Blues management. That's why whatever it is that's bugging you or whatever it is you know is crucial that you let us know. Privately or publicly if you so choose. Again, I'm not condemning you either as you've been nothing but a great asset for the team and throghout that time have acted in a way that is nigh on exceptional. I have full confidence in both parties currently, but obviously there's a problem somewhere. Someone needs to come clean...

Last edited: