• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gotta love them conventions. :p As for Das playing captain, I can verify that he has played more OD games fot the Colts than any other - 30 matches, one more than McNamara and Hancock. Burke has played 21 OD games for the Colts.

I see it as nothing but a good thing that, even without all four players who have captained the Colts (Wright, Towns, McNamara, Hancock), we still have people willing to raise their hand. Not only do I consider Burke and Das both capable, I can also rest assured that there are even more players in our side who are capable of leading - however hopefully we won't have that many players out of action that we'll need them!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Breaking News: Agarwal Found Murdered

Agarwal was shot to death with a series of brutal gun firings. A total of 3 bullets were found in Agarwal's chest area. The murderer is not known yet. A handkerchief was found close to the body with an 'M' printed on it. The police say that it might be a vital clue in finding the assassin. They have found no finger prints but are searching for more clues.

Loony BoB

International Captain
How do you know it was an M? Could have been a W!

EDIT: Or quite possibly one of those Greek 'E' looking things.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loony BoB said:
How do you know it was an M? Could have been a W!

EDIT: Or quite possibly one of those Greek 'E' looking things.
The police response: It was a 'small' M written in italics and quite clear as also verified by experts in letter identifications. :ph34r:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Breaking News: Humour Levels Plummet

In what has been likened to the stock market crash of 1929, humour stocks across CWLand have plummeted drastically, with some experts suggesting it was due to the pineapple shortage. One farmer afflicted by the shortage offered his theory regarding the inadequate monthly harvest, "They're all stuck up that **** Andy Cameron's ***, the ****." Officials have been tight-lipped regarding the issue, but some believe it may have something to do with the recent death of former CW XI coach, Pratyush Agarwal.

Others, however, have been quick to suggest that Agarwal's passing will infact be better in the long term for humour stocks, citing his influence over the CW XI "did nuttin' [sic] for comedy, or cricket".

Last edited by a moderator:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Uh...I wonder whose going to take over as Coach of the CWXI, then. I mean, if Agarwal's dead then, he really can't be coaching can he?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cricketboy29 said:
Uh...I wonder whose going to take over as Coach of the CWXI, then. I mean, if Agarwal's dead then, he really can't be coaching can he?
:sleep: That's the point, Gaurav, he's stepping down....

cricketboy29

International Regular
Robertinho said:
:sleep: That's the point, Gaurav, he's stepping down....
Really????. I had no idea. Damn struck me for a curve-ball. I mean, where would I be, Rob, without you and your penchant for explaining the obvious.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can strongly deny having anything to do with the "m"

With his single letter fetish, I think Hinton might be involved somewhere...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Didn't have to be so dramatic. What if he has a rethink later? A zombie coaching us? Faked death? Geez!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cricketboy29 said:
Really????. I had no idea. Damn struck me for a curve-ball. I mean, where would I be, Rob, without you and your penchant for explaining the obvious.
You know Gaurav, there are better ways to avoid looking the fool... ;)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You're all thinking too small. This is an obvious plot by MI5 to remove high profile personalities before an invasion...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Reds spinners calls it quits

After two seasons of unsuccessfully trying to break into the Reds starting XI, Reds spinner Tharmilan Loganathan has decided to retire from 1st Class Cricket. With the abundance of spinners coming through CricketWeb junior ranks and the lack of game time Loganathan has decided that his future in the game is no longer as a professional cricketer. Rather than complete against these young spinners, Loganathan has decided to help nurture their progress through the CricketWeb ranks through his role on the Under 19 Board.

Loganathan is expected to continue playing part time at Excelsior 20 in Holland and Stedingham Jets in the grade competition in CWLand. He will also work as a youth coach at these two clubs, as he looks to move into the coaching ranks, where he feels his future is in CW cricket.

Tharmilan Loganathan’s career stats:

FC – 8 Matches | 88 runs @ 6.3 | 21 wickets @ 29.5
OD – 20 Matches | 164 runs @ 32.8 | 15 wickets @ 56.0

Mac Vonlanthen

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
:-O Bummer.

Good to see you're staying involved, though... and I continue to wonder if something should be done to curb the influx of spinners, somehow, as it is clearly not helping keep players in the league.