• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
The 'A' Insider

June 11th, 2004

This is the first article that is solely based around the ‘A’ team who are currently enjoying some warm up games against County teams and improving their sun tan with the sunny English weather. Most articles focus solely on the ‘XI’ However this is set up to expose the up and comers from the ‘A’ ranks, and the goings on regarding ‘A’ Players.

Ian Markus is a name that will appear several times in this article. He seems to be known as the loud-mouthed overweight yobbo from the CW ranks. Could the title of ‘Drug Dealer’ also be included in his description? The issue regarding him and his possession of a unknown substance was kept hush hush from us. I may be wrong but I cannot remember the result of the ICC investigation being announced, Something kept quiet on purpose by the CWBCC?

Onto the selection issues, the lack of bowlers chosen is quiet amusing. Some players who definitely deserved a mention in the A squad were left out, and others, some doubtful were included. How can Jamee be selected for FC matches with a season average of a mere 26.14 and a career average of 29.03, when players like (yet again I say his name) Ian Markus (season av of 30.14, career av 31.85). You also have the option to play him as a part timer to fill the lack of bowlers in the team, with him taking 18 wickets@27.61 and career of 30 wickets @ 27.43. Going by those averages he shows he is very consistent between his Season averages and his career averages, yet the inconsistent Jamee gets selected? Another possibility was the newcomer Jagaways. Season batting average of 32.92, which is also his career average, that would be the only reason selectors could doubt having him in, being a first seasoner, but surely if they were consistent (Rose and Toogood first season straight into the XI, Zaid Ghansar and Sanz into the A’s). Enough on that issue now, we will see who is named as this 17th player the board keeps promising.

Onto the results. The A’s have been rather promising in there first games against the county sides, but the obvious lack of bowling depth is showing, with several bowlers not producing leaving too large workload on others. Here are some stats from the first FC and OD game. There is a obvious line in there in both forms between the performing bowlers and the under performing bowlers.

FC Bowling - Strike Bowlers

Name Wickets Overs Runs Hit Off Average Econ Rate

David Kennett 2 31 84 42.00 2.71
Dave 3 32.3 115 38.33 3.54
Sanz 4 41 114 28.50 2.78
Umpire Money 0 21 82 --.-- 3.90

OD Bowling - Strike Bowlers

Name Wickets Overs Runs Hit Off Average Econ Rate

Vishnu Reddy 1 10 46 46.00 4.60
Dave 0 10 36 --.-- 3.60
Chris Broadbent 1 10 38 38.00 3.80
A Massive Zebra 4 10 31 7.75 3.10

Just from those figures you see there is 1 standout in each form of the game and the rest are below rate. Those 2 standouts are Sanz in FC and Zebra in OD. There is a lot of cricket left to play, but if bowlers start taking on too much workload (Sanz, 41 overs), they will be over bowled by the time the important matches come.. CW A vs England. Wouldn’t be pretty to rock up to a game vs the England national XI and have 3 Strike bowlers and bowling the rest of overs from part timers. Reason 3 strike bowlers = overbowling causing injury. Its bad enough the selectors picking only 5 Full time bowlers, CW A doesn’t need any injuries from that department, otherwise it could get rather ugly.

That’s all for this issue of “The A Insider”

Regards
Don Larf

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
You approved the schedule!
i was talkin about the XI..

but the shedule is approved as it is set.. for the people concerned we have a hectic cricket calender set and we cant manage to get too much cricket crammed in.. so bear with it..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The upcoming game (29th June) between Cricket Web 'A' and England 'A' will be adjusted to a 5-day game from the originally advertised 3.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
thanks for ur support mate. it was a good article representing us a boys... i'mwith you all the way.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Daily Blast
Another Test series, more tears
by Berry True

With the painful memories of defeat in the World Cup final still on their minds, the fans of the Cricket Web XI were made to suffer again, this time at the hands of Pakistan. Chasing a record total of 471 to win the third and final Test against Pakistan, the batsmen came up a heartbreaking 28 runs short.

The win would have levelled the series and been perhaps the most remarkable of comebacks given the fortunes of the first Test. Instead, tears.

Once more the CW XI emerged bridesmaid, still not a bride. Yet to win a Test series and having not won a Test for three series, it has been a tough adjustment period in the international arena.

Yet this series, although 2-0 in the wrong column, was not a total loss for the global team. Players of potential gave glimmers - Jason Toogood, David Jr. and Tom Halsey - and veteran players shone - Eclipse, Cloete and Rich_2001. The first Test was utter disaster, but Rich_2001 bounced back from a pair to epitomize the Cricket Web fightback and score 227 runs in his next 4 innings. Indeed, the batsmen fought manfully to save the series, but the bowling let them down. Comparisons can be made to the last time the CW XI toured the subcontinent.

On this occasion Neil Pickup was made to bowl 151 overs - over 25 (overs) per innings. Last time he bowled around 32 per matchm, significantly less. Some may say this is due to his maturity as a bowler, but it clearly rather down to the fact that no other bowler looked consistently penetrative. The seamers combined for 343.8 overs and took just 22 wickets in the 3 Tests. Their average stood at a startling 51.95, economy at 3.32 and SR at a disappointing 93.76. With stats like that, it's no wonder Shoaib Akhtar managed a half century.

It's not as though the pitches didn't have anything for the seamers either, as Pakistan managed 46 wickets and a 28.17 average (53.69 SR) among their fast men. Clearly there just isn't the quality needed in the seam department currently. No doubt there is talent, but talent won't win Test series. A Test perhaps, but not a series.

Jason Toogood definitely has the talent. However, despite his average of 45.25 with the bat, he looked very uneasy at the crease, bar his final knock of the series. It was only in that innings that he looked like a Test player and indeed, only then that he did not benefit from a dropped catch. On the bowling side he was largely ineffective but for one innings, but showed good accuracy at the best of times.

The other debutant, Tom Halsey looked somewhat more assured, but still not quite ready for the big show. His 3-wicket haul in his debut innings was just reward for a willingness to toss the ball up, albeit those rewards were mostly tailenders. Batting in the lower order he showed true potential as he was aggressive with useful defensive technique as complement. From here he looks to have a future in the CW XI, but one hopes he doesn't fall away as so many other prospective spinners have over the years.

Now we can only look ahead to the ODI series where new faces will join the tour and the Cricket Web XI will attempt to maximize their small 3-game opportunity to regain some pride. World Cup runners up yes, but actual champions no. This is the time for this diverse groups of players to show the world that they beg to differ.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
The ‘A’ Insider

June 17th, 2004

Well as per requested from my last article, the CW ‘A’ bowling department has stepped up in the latest 1D vs Kent and the recent 4D vs Durham. Dave stepped up from his slump in form to take his second FC career 5fer, however he will need to keep that up in future matches to avoid being dropped. Sanz was a interesting exclusion from the 4D match against Durham, he was the star of the pace bowlers in the first FC match of the tour against Kent taking 4 wickets. There is a rumour circling around that he struggled to recover from his heavy bowling workload in that match (41 overs), but more on that later in the article.

It is now time for the A boys to step up the pace. We have had the batting fire, now the bowling is firing. We need to combine the 2 so that the A boys put up a great showing in the most important matches of the tour, against England. However they are still yet to win a FC match this tour, with both games played being drawn. My feeling is that this is just a ploy from the captain to give the batters some extra time out in the centre before the England games.

Now for the rumours.

First up today is a rumour from a reliable source who wished to remain anonymous regarding the next CW ‘A’ tour. Mr Anonymous said in his letter “I have heard talk about the Zimbabwean rebels coming to the land of CW” This could possibly involve a triangular series between the Rebel XI, CW ‘A’ and CW XI. I asked the CWBCC for a comment on the rumour and the response was dismal to say the least - “No comment regarding the matter”. If these games do take place there is also uncertainty whether they would be given FC and List A status. Keep an eye here for follow up information.

I overheard a phone conversation between selectors, and there is talk that Sanz possible was severely over-bowled in the FC match vs Kent, and consequently is suffering from it. We believe this is why he did not take his place in the ‘A’ team in their 4D match against Durham. This is yet to be confirmed by the Board, but I would love to hear one of their original and cooperative responses as was given in the above rumour.

The last rumour for today is surrounding selection issues for the CW XI 1D team. There is talk that Ash Chaulk might be stepping up into the CW XI wicketkeeping position following his outstanding form with the bat in 1D competitions. With Bugssy a near certainty to leave for Pakistan, also Ash Chaulk and Ian Markus being rumoured to go, it leaves the A’s in a sore batting situation. Only time will tell on that one.

Don Larf

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Daily Blast
Not quite a debacle...
by Berry True

Much relief around the Cricket Web camp now that the CW XI has avoided the tremendous embarrassment of a series loss to Bangladesh. I'd say it was a disappointing series scoreline, but there were some definite positives to come through.

Mr Wright rebounded very impressively from his dismal tour of Pakistan to look the bowler he was in New Zealand earlier in the year. Hopefully he'll find some extended consistency and once and for all solidify his spot in the XI.

Xavier Rose was extremely encouraging on debut. He's had a long wait since his callup to the senior squad but it didn't seem to have affected his attitude much as he consistently ran in with purpose, energy and decent accuracy. A debut of 5/61 almost certainly ensures him another Test cap as soon as possible.

With 9 wickets in 2 Tests this series, Tom Halsey came along very nicely and, while he may have to play the Stuart MacGill role behind Neil Pickup during tours away from the subcontinent, it's good to finally have some depth in the spin department.

Jason Toogood was quite outstanding as an allrounder, notching his maiden two Test fifties and taking 8 wickets at less than 30 apiece. Together with Marc, there was real encouragement as to fill the middle rather nicely. Marc's half-century on debut in a losing cause was well-struck and showcased all the poise and courage we saw from him during the World Cup.

Of course Cloete was brilliant as usual, warming to the minnow bowling on this occasion and dispatching with true class.

Last, but certainly not least, Blewy had a crucial series. He came in in a make or break situation with his Test average having slipped under 30 over the course of the Pakistan tour. With that in mind and the desire for his team to succeed, Blewy compiled a solid but not spectacular series, averaging 41 and scoring more than any other CW XI batsman bar Cloete.

On the down swing, Neil Pickup, Rich_2001 and Broncoman had a rough time in Bangladesh. Having been out of cricket for an extended period prior to the Pakistan tour, Broncoman continues to struggle in his search for match fitness and form. There were starts, but sadly none took him onward past 50. Indeed it's no less than 7 Test matches since his last trip past 50 against Australia. Pickup's struggles are due the total opposite of reasons. Rather, he seems fatigued having played almost every CW XI game for the past few months. His series average of 37.67 represents the fourth consecutive series where he has averaged over 35 with the ball, two of them on the subcontinent.

Rich has probably had the most arduous time of them all however. Since stepping down from the captaincy after the series in Australia, batting performances have been inconsistent and frankly disappointing. Pairs in consecutive Tests were followed up by a fighting stretch of 3 fifties in 4 innings until he fell away again in Bangladesh.

Overall the series score should have been 2-1 to the CW XI but given what transpired in the 2nd Test, most non-Bangladeshis would settle for the resulting 1-1. Now it's on to the ODIs where the CW XI will look to continue the fine form which saw them finalists in the World Cup and ascend to 4th in the PWC rankings.

Milestones of the series:

- PY reached his highest Test score of 96 in the 1st Test
- Jason Toogood scored his maiden Test fifty (74) in the 1st Test
- Mr Ponting scored his maiden Test fifty (58) in the 1st Test
- Marc71178 scored his maiden Test fifty (56 not out) on debut in the 2nd Test
- Rich_2001 held Gazi Alagmir in the 3rd Test to move to sole 1st places among catches for the CW XI
- Mr Wright reached his highest Test score of 34 in the 3rd Test
- Blewy crossed 1500 Test runs with his 35 in the 3rd Test

Note:
- Eclipse surrendered his duckless streak at 48 in the 3rd Test

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Daily Blast
Sitting down with Mr Mxyzptlk
by Berry True

Editor: Currently on tour with the Cricket Web XI ODI team in Bangladesh, Mr Mxyzptlk sat down to chat with sportswriter Berry True about his international career and recent off-season stint in Super Cup circket back at home in Trinidad and Tobago.

Over the seasons of his cricketing career, Mr. Mxyzptlk has developed somewhat into a bowling allrounder. Few will remember that indeed, he started his international career at the top of the order. However, things didn't go too well and he registered 2 ducks in 3 innings. Mr M comments on the transformation of his career and how he was affected by the lack of success in its early stages:

"It was difficult. Very difficult. I'm not going to try to weave some web of pity, as I know that some players have had worse starts to their Test career, but it wasn't much fun."

No doubt his disappointment was compounded by the fact that he bowled just 1 over (for 4 runs) in those first 2 Tests. Mr Mxyzptlk was sacked from the CW XI and did not return to the Test team until the tour of England, 5 Tests later. His recall came not in the opening spot where he debuted though, but at #8 in the role of bowling allrounder. Indeed it was some late form in the Natwest series that got Mxyzptlk his second life.

Mr M: "After my second Test I worked a lot with Cloete in the nets. Initially it was just some basic batting instruction but then I started to take to bowling at him in the nets and gradually my concentration shifted from batting to my bowling. Needless to say Cloete was never the easiest person to practice bowling at, but it made me a better bowler and thus a better player."

BT: Would you say you neglected your batting then?

Mr M: "Not really. I just began to put more faith in my bowling and enjoy that aspect of the game more."

Mr Mxyzptlk's second stint at Test cricket, although better than his first, was not earth shattering in result - 9 Tests against England and Australia, 403 runs in 15 innings at 31, 17 wickets at 49.17. Indeed, the newly strengthened aspect of the allrounder's game proved to be his weakest, particularly shown up against the Australian juggernaut (3 wickets @ 109).

Mr M: "The Australian tour was the most difficult I've been on to date. Bowling against batsmen of the stature of Hayden, Ponting and Waugh is both a cricketer's dream and nightmare. Most of my time on field was spent shaking my head and beating myself up for poor bowling or a simple misfield. That was really the low of my cricketing career to date and I knew then that Test cricket would be some way off for a while."

BT: Despite your struggles in Test cricket, you continue to excel with the ball in ODI cricket and are currently ranked the 9th best ODI bowler. What do you attribute such a contrast to?

Mr M: "I'm not quite sure. I will say that I'd much rather play Test cricket any day of the week, which may surprise you. I've had a knack of picking up good wickets with bad balls in One Day cricket <Laughs and pauses> but I think my bowling is simply better in that form. The limited overs game has taught me to bowl accurately and vary my pace - skills which aren't always brought to fruitiion in Test match cricket."

BT: It's hard to ask this question without sounding insulting, but your ODI batting has seemingly declined all while your bowling average improves. Why is that?

Mr M: "Well it's not much of a mystery is it. I'm just not very good at scoring quickly. Yes there are times when I find my rhythm and prove somewhat effective in the slog overs, but generally I'm a slow starter and that has been to my detriment. When a player bats as low and as late in the innings as I do, it's hard to keep a good average."

BT: So you'd prefer to bat higher up the order?

Mr M: "Every bowler and self-professed allrounder wants to bat as high as possible, but I realize that that's just not what is best for the team. There are better players who deserve more time in the middle than I do."

Mr Mxyzptlk played for the Cricket Web Green team last season to modest success in limited appearances (23.83 batting 5D, 62.50 bowling 5D, 10.14 batting OD, 18.44 bowling OD). In the offseason he promptly signed for the San Fernando Thunderbirds in the Super Cup, returning home to Trinidad and Tobago to compete at the pro-league level of cricket.

Mr M: "It was great to be back home and play with and against my friends again. Super Cup cricket may not be the most challenging talent-wise, but it certainly is physically demanding. Three-day matches are played with just one or two rest days between them and 50-over games are sometimes played every day over a period. It definitely tested my fitness levels."

Originally from Trinidad and Tobago, it was Mr Mxyzptlk's first season in the Cup since becoming a Cricket Web affiliate two years ago. In 6 three-day games, he scored 319 runs at 39.88 and took 12 wickets at 26.30 (best of 3/24). His 5 50-over appearances produced a paltry 53 runs at 10.6 and 3 wickets at 39 with an economy of 5.97.

Mr M: "As you can see, it wasn't the best of seasons statistically for me, but it was fun. I learned to enjoy my cricket again which is important for any player at any level. I've already inked a contract to return next off-season."

BT: Do you think we'll see more Cricket Web players following your lead and opting into offseason contracts?

Mr M: "Honestly I don't think many of them are too informed about the options. The only Cricket Web player to play County Cricket was the now retired Top Cat. It would be great if others would get involved and exercise their game and I for one hope it happens soon."

BT: Thank you for granting us this time and best of luck for you and your team-mates in Bangladesh.

Mr M: Thank you.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Daily Blast
A Man on a Mission - Time with Broncoman
by Berry True

Editor: In the continuation of the Blast's series on the players of the Cricket Web XI, Test opener Broncoman took time off from Super Cup cricket in Trinidad and Tobago and sat down with Berry True to review and look ahead regarding his international career.

Broncoman is one of only three current Test regulars who played in the CW XI's first ever Test match. His career has been full of ups and downs, but there is no denying the talent and class which he possesses. It was clear in Sri Lanka, where he scored 381 runs at an average of 54.43, but not quite so clear otherwise, as seen by a career average of 31.92 in Test cricket.

On debut (v SA), Broncoman batted at three and scored a busy 35 and 41 and got to his first half-century in the third Test of the series - a battling 58 from 150 balls, oddly containing 11 fours!

BT: That must have been a wonderful moment for you. Can you describe it for the readers?

Broncoman: Well after falling short of the 50 mark in the early innings I was quite quickly gaining a reputation of being able to make starts and not go on with it, although 50 isn't amassive score, it was a physcologial barrier I had to pass if I was going to make anything of my Test career. The thing I remember most of the innings was the pitch. It was quite slow and hard to bat on, which made scoring that little bit more difficult. As it turned out that half century was the stepping stone to what i call a "decent" test career.

Broncoman's maiden Test hundred did not come until the 4th Test of the following tour, in the West Indies. The innings of exactly 100 contained 20 fours and took 270 balls.

BT: Reports were that you've worn the same socks you wore during that innings ever since. Is that a bit of a good luck charm?

Broncoman: It's true. I have worn the same socks, but only because I can't afford a new pair! No really I guess as a Test cricketer you need these little things to help you through, playing guys like Murali and Glenn McGrath you need any advantage you can get, and if the best one you can find is in your mind then so be it.

An average of 37.71, second best among CW XI players, meant that Broncoman had a productive series in the Caribbean, but now he faced perhaps the biggest challenge of his career to that date - England.

BT: Well England was a pretty miserable tour for you. An average of 24podd and just a single half-century in the 5 Tests. It must have been hard. Care to share with us how you coped and what exactly went wrong?

Broncoman: I don't look too much into that tour. The English pitches were very new to me and I found run-scoring very tough, I have patience at the crease normally, but in that series I set myself to score faster runs, but the conditions didnt really suit me. I've put this series to the back of my mind, because i dont think 1 series is a true reflection on my ability. You just have to look at Matthew Hayden who also only scored 1 half century in Australia's last tour of England, and he now has a test batting average of over 58!

From England it was on to the flat tracks of the subcontinent and back-to-back series with 38+ averages for Broncoman.

BT: In the Asian Test Championships you scored 104 against Bangladesh in the first game. Do you consider that your finest innings?

Broncoman: I dont really rank my innings, I certainly enjoyed it thats for sure. It's probably the best I've hit the ball in my Test career. I felt, however, I could have made more of that purple patch and contributed with a massive score of 200 or 250. It was a big thrill to represent the Criketweb XI at that tournament and it's certainly a memory that will stick with me for my whole life.

Then on to Australia, home for the boundary-loving opener. Back to the bouncy decks and scores of 50 and 35 in the first Test against the top Test team in the world. Injury kept him out of the 2nd and 3rd Test, then he returned only to be yorked in both innings of the 4th. In the 5th and final Test, Broncoman struggled mightily against the bowling of Jason Gillespie but got to scores of 32 and 56 before perishing to his rival in both innings.

BT: Your battles with Gillespie at the Gabba were absolutely epic. With scores of 32 and 56, would you say you won that one?

Broncoman: Batsman never win in the end. Once my wicket was taken both times I knew Dizzy was pumped. I guess that 56 dented his confidence a little and I made him try a few new things, like coming around the wicket and throwing in a few slower balls here and there. On top of that I don't think he bowled his best in that series. He's a classy opening bowler who doesn't like a batsman getting on top of him and I could tell from his reactions it was relief at getting me out rather than delight.

BT: Surely the experience affected your game to make you a better player. What technical adjustments did you make during the innings and since?

Broncoman: Ever since the England tour I have set myself to score a bit faster. That doesn't mean I have a wild swing at any old ball, I feel I wasn't putting the bad balls away enough. In Test cricket you don't get many bad balls and if you miss out on the one you get every couple of overs the bowlers then really get on top. I've also worked hard on my running between the wickets. Singles here and there can break up a field and put doubts in a fielding captain's mind and that's what I'm aiming to do.

All the while as Broncoman built a career that currently sees him the third highest Test runscorer for the CW XI, he struggled in the shorter form. Against the convention that a strokeplaying opener would flourish in ODI cricket, Broncoman scored 2, 10, 0 in his first ODI series and has thus far scored just 82 runs in 7 ODI innings to date. An average of 11.71 saw him dropped completely from the thoughts of the selectors since.

Broncoman retired from ODI cricket but has recently decided to come out of that retirement and fight his way back into CW colours.

BT: What inspired you to try again at OD cricket?

Broncoman: After seeing the boys perform so well at the World Cup I felt the desire to get back out there and have another crack. Being around the guys is the biggest thrill a player can have and while I was out of the one day arena I seemed to be missing out on some of that. While I know it's a long road to fighting back into the 1-day side, I know that a few prolific scores should have my name up in lights again.

BT: Care to suggest your ODI struggles may be attributed to?

Broncoman: I go back to a few things I've already mentioned. In one-day cricket you really have to put the bad balls away every time. 50 overs isn't a very long innings at all. Particulary in the first 15 overs, with the field up, boundary hitting is essential. At first the struggles of international cricket got to me, I didn't handle the media pressure saying I was a choker and couldn't make big scores, but I've learnt to deal with those pressures and turn them into positives now.

BT: Have you done anything significant to improve your short game?

Broncoman: Well my decision to make myself available again was only made in the last few weeks, I had been thinking about it since the World Cup. Some may see it as a selfish move, but I think if I can work on a few minor details in my technique I could be a real acqusision to the one-day lineup. I've done a bit of work with captain Blewy and we both agree I have a long way to go, but nothing is impossible.

BT: What do you think you have to offer a CW XI ODI team that has done so well of late?

Broncoman: Experience. As was mentioned earlier I've played in the Test tyeam since the very beginning, I've played in all the conditions and most importantly I'm keen. I want to play for the team and I want to do well. If you don't have desire to play cricket you will always struggle. While I acknowledge the side has been performing outstandingly, there's always room for improvement and if I can get my game to the level where the selectors feel I am more worthy of a spot in the team then who am I to complain.

Currently Broncoman can be found on the island of Trinidad playing Super Cup cricket for the Toco Flashes. As for almost all other CW players, it's an alien experience and an exciting venture.

BT: Any specific goals you intend to achieve in Trinidad?

Broncoman: I think I'm going to love the challenge of playing out of the spotlight for a while. It will be good to spend some time just playing some lower level cricket and if i can score some runs then that's just great. But I hope to teach the guys in my team a few of the finer details of the game they may not have previously had the chance to know.

BT: Now for the hard questions. Who do you consider the best Test batsman in the world? What about in the CW XI?

Broncoman: There's plenty of great batsman in world cricket, but cricket is all about numbers isn't it. In 20 years when we look back on records it's not gonna say such and such scored this many runs but gave so many chances in that innings. Based on figures its hard to go past Matt Hayden or Brian Lara. In the Cricketweb XI I get the most inspiration from Rich2001. He loves his cricket and works hard at it. He may not be as gifted as someone like Cloete, but if he works hard enough he's going to be a real star for years to come.

BT: Where do you see your cricketing career by the next World Cup?

Broncoman: Hopefully in the one-day team at that World Cup. If I'm not I hope to at least say I gave it my best in trying to make the side. In test cricket i hope to have converted more fifties into hundreds and help the Cricketweb XI turn into a major force in the 5-day arena.

Thank you for your time Mr. Broncoman and good luck in the Super Cup.

Broncoman: No worries and thanks.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Again an interesting read. I like the idea of this media thing, so keep it coming!:)

Ill do an interview if needed.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, Id love to be interviewed. Being a consistent domestic performer yet fringe International player is tough, life on the fringe is what not many seem to understand I guess.

But still, after many a solid season and success in the Dev leagues, International games are few and far between. I feel the public need to know a bit more about MB, a reserved, hard working bowler and handy batsman who doesn't have flash, but certainly has substance and a hard working ethos.

*Puts his hand up for what will no doubt be an intriguing interview*

Simon

masterblaster said:
Yeah, Id love to be interviewed. Being a consistent domestic performer yet fringe International player is tough, life on the fringe is what not many seem to understand I guess.

But still, after many a solid season and success in the Dev leagues, International games are few and far between. I feel the public need to know a bit more about MB, a reserved, hard working bowler and handy batsman who doesn't have flash, but certainly has substance and a hard working ethos.

*Puts his hand up for what will no doubt be an intriguing interview*
you pretty much did one with yourself!

Simon

masterblaster said:
Lol!!!!!

That was a ever so small snippet.

Compared to yours, it was peanuts. Now yours was long
yeh well, i answered the questions i was given, i couldnt help the length of it!