• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

David

International 12th Man
Kennett breaks back into test squad

Veteran Cricket Web Red Fast Bowler David "Sticks" Kennett reported that he was "overjoyed at being given another chance" after being recalled to the CW XI Test Squad.

A member of the original CW XI, Kennett was at times brilliant, his most memorable moment his 7-22 in a ODI against South Africa, and at times terrible. He lost his place in both the ODI and Test squads and shortly after suffered some stress fractures to the back, and doubts on his continued career were cast. However after some lengthy rehabilitation Kennett made his return to cricket, slowly improving himself once more, however it was Season 7 when he began to shine once more.

After a series of controversies in the Red side Kennett was called up in game 4 of the FC season to replace the at the time suspended Mr. Ponting, and seizing his chance to cement a spot in the Red's side he took 8 in the match. After that he continued his good form and now has his chance to prove himself once more as an international bowler.

DJellett

International Debutant
*** SCANDAL!

Star (OK well mediorce star) cricketer Dylan Jellett is embroiled in the latest *** controversy in sport.

Apparently, young Dylan has too much.

He wishes.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That *** scandal managed to knock the Pickup headline off the front page...

"Pickup Survives First Ball and Scores!"

... gets out immediately after.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That *** scandal managed to knock the Pickup headline off the front page...

"Pickup Survives First Ball and Scores!"

... gets out immediately after.
Career Average now stands at 0.37 :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
DJellett said:
*** SCANDAL!

Star (OK well mediorce star) cricketer Dylan Jellett is embroiled in the latest *** controversy in sport.

Apparently, young Dylan has too much.

He wishes.
You been smelling the sugar again, young Jellett? :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Police Forensics team called to Melbourne district

A five-stong Melbourne police squad were in attendance in the Forest Hill district of Melbourne yesterday after a neighbour reported strange loud noises and a group of farmyard animals being shepherded from a house by a flustered teenage boy.

More to follow.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Police Forensics team called to Melbourne district

A five-stong Melbourne police squad were in attendance in the Forest Hill district of Melbourne yesterday after a neighbour reported strange loud noises and a group of farmyard animals being shepherded from a house by a flustered teenage boy.

More to follow.
Lol. Somewhat sick, but lol.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
It is alleged that Masterblaster thinks his black team mates are nothing without him.
In a conversation with friends the other day he said the following.

--Sangrah-- says:
but i'm out due to CW XI duty im afraid
--Sangrah-- says:
so Black's will have to lift
Raider Sutherland says:
oh so when u're not in the team u leave a big hole do u?
Dave | You knows it! says:
we got our 2 main pacers out too
Raider Sutherland says:
are u THAT important
--Sangrah-- says:
damn right mate
Raider Sutherland says:
oh well that's kinda gay
--Sangrah-- says:
Master Blaster - 70 odd wickets at 22 this season
--Sangrah-- says:
Vice Captain of Blacks
--Sangrah-- says:
**toots his own horn**
--Sangrah-- says:
**arrogantly**

And there u have it. Is Masterblaster really the guy he appears?

masterblaster

International Captain
Lol, a tabolid style article there.

But as my fellow talented Black's teammates know, that we are successful due to ALL OUR PERFORMANCES and not just mine.

It was just a meaningless MSN conversation with a Reds player. How convenient he forgot to place the 'LOL' section of what I said after my conversation, which quite clearly indicated that what I had said, had been said in an jovial and humourous/satirical manner.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Interesting article. The CWBCC Humility Investigations and Encouragement Comittee (CWBCCHIEC) which is funded by the CW Bar and Spam.

Slats4ever

Masterblaster on the back foot.

It is rumoured now that he is now sweating and worrying about his position. he has been compared to Nikhil by other members of the cricketing community and one black member who'll remain unnamed said that it's worse than nikhil.

He also announced that he dislikes the blacks and only likes the board in saying this.

--Sangrah-- says:
a man who has such a good relationship with Liam and the board, and always gave it his 110% for his side?

Slats4ever

He then later agreed to the statement that the side was weak without him. saying it was a compliment that he was the best player in the team....

GO REDS!!!!! says:
we don't need mental disintigration, they're that weak without u...
--Sangrah-- says:
why, I take that as a compliment
--Sangrah-- says:
thanks mate

masterblaster

International Captain
further fabrication by the reds here im afraid. I dont know why they have a personal vendetta against myself.

Also my further comments with Slats4Ever.

--Sangrah-- says:
but I back our guys
--Sangrah-- says:
back our guys to the hilt
--Sangrah-- says:
we should win anyway
--Sangrah-- says:
easily
--Sangrah-- says:
our guys are the best bunch of players in the side really
--Sangrah-- says:
Rich, Kearsley
--Sangrah-- says:
C Buts

masterblaster

International Captain
Slats4ever said:

It is rumoured now that he is now sweating and worrying about his position. he has been compared to Nikhil by other members of the cricketing community and one black member who'll remain unnamed said that it's worse than nikhil.

He also announced that he dislikes the blacks and only likes the board in saying this.

--Sangrah-- says:
a man who has such a good relationship with Liam and the board, and always gave it his 110% for his side?
Hmm, further speculation here really. Reuben will back me up on this one and so will my Blacks Skipper Neil Pickup and my teammates.

Its the hallmark of a super side which we Blacks are, when they come out and back your players in trouble, but as far as I can see its all tabloid journalism at its worst.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Ban this arrogant, self righteous Black!! :p

Slats4ever said:
He then later agreed to the statement that the side was weak without him. saying it was a compliment that he was the best player in the team....

GO REDS!!!!! says:
we don't need mental disintigration, they're that weak without u...
you forgot my :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Slats4ever said:

Never have I heard such garbage really. He's questioning my leadership of the side and I take that kind of personally, and you can ask every Black Player about me, and find out the truth. I wear Black with great pride, yet I also represent the CWBCC with great pride. My performances in Dev League Cricket are a testament to this. The Individual is never greater than the team.